• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
I really hope this happens, especially if it gets a time slot around 11:30 or midnight.
It makes the absolute most sense as the replacement for Bleach. Not only are both long shows, though Kai is shorter, but you cannot take risks with Bleach's replacement. It is the anchor of the block.

Gorillaz

Whatever your thoughts on DBZ, I would hope everyone realizes that if it has any sort of pull, it'll bring more eyeballs to Toonami and that can only be a good thing for the block's future.

I think that's debatable, It will get the nostalgia views but idk how long that will last.

We will see tho

I guess we shall find out in due time, I still question the amount of pull because seriously how many more ways do we need to watch this show?

Well, if it flops, it'll be gone.

I say that as someone who has watched exactly zero episodes of DBZ (and just a handful of DB). It's just one of those shows that seems to have kept its awareness over the years, so if you can promote it as UNCUT, that might be enough to garner interest.

Especially since there will be "new" episodes of Kai down the line, no?

Levyne

Banned
How do you archive Toonami stuff?

Youtube! And Toonamiarsenal. Their own youtube account got flagged for copyright infringement. :lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i don't think the voice of Gohan even does voice acting anymore. might be the same for the others

*looks her up* Not as much as she used to.
One of her more recent roles was a pilot for a CN show. Whether it goes somewhere... nobody knows.

I will say, it's going to be weird since Kai Gohan is Colleen Clinkenbeard, the same voice as Luffy.

*sees Space Dandy full OP news* Excellent.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kai is quite different as I found out last summer when on a DB kick I decided to watch the entire series, using Kai for what had been made and my Dragon Box set I inherited for the rest, then ending with the Grand Tour.

Kai was to be frank rather amazing. Great acting all around, the pacing is great (only dragging a very little bit before Goku arrives on Namek) the music was really good (plagiarized though it was) and it was a breath of fresh air. When I got back to the Dragon Box set I barely made it past the Budokai Tenkaichi before tapping out. It's aged terribly in comparison and I knew back then that Kai was coming for the Buu stuff (it's also around the time I joined this thread full time and started seriously thinking about Kai on TOONAMI)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, diamonds to donuts, the smart money is that DBZ Kai is going to be the new old Bleach, the reliable midnight anchor.

Levyne

Banned
Why is Toonami on Saturday only?

Toonami grew out of AS Saturday night anime, which was the worst rated night. Now, Toonami does very well for Saturdays.

Any expansion would just be longer Saturdays.

MikeMyers

If it's only 10 episodes, sounds like something I could easily watch in a week. Maybe I'll check it out.

Also, "#SailorMoon News from #VIZPanel: Full reveal of dub cast at #AnimeExpo on Saturday, July 5 along with #SailorMoonDay"

Aww fuck, I was gonna go to AnimeExpo with my GF but decided not to since we broke up.

Kai is basically a 3-4 year place holder for Bleach final arc anime to happen

It's 169 episodes, so a little over 3 years.

Seda

Space Dandy came about with good relationship with Bandai. Apparently the Bandai contact came to Toonami. Total shock on Demarcos part.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So here is a question, did they get all of Kai or just the Buu saga?

Kai right now in the US is just under two years long. It won't take them more than that to get it dubbed so the safe bet is right around three years worth of Kai.

ckohler

Isn't the KLK dub announcement at this same expo? Maybe they'd announce a Toonami airing at that panel instead

The KLK dub was announced a week ago. The first teaser debuts on Animpex's live stream in 4 days. The full first episode will premier at Anime Expo.

Edit: beaten

Gorillaz

Isn't the KLK dub announcement at this same expo? Maybe they'd announce a Toonami airing at that panel instead
Cringe la Cringe will have to go through a nice amount of edits or come on at a late time for it to be on Toonami

It probably will be but not at a 11-12 time spot

The KLK dub was announced a week ago. The first teaser debuts on Animpex's live stream in 4 days. The full first episode will premier at Anime Expo.

Edit: beaten

Ohhh, OK. Gotcha.

Cringe la Cringe will have to go through a nice amount of edits or come on at a late time for it to be on Toonami

It probably will be but not at a 11-12 time spot

Yeah, I don't really see it happening, but who knows.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think we'll see a promo, but imagine if there was a commercial announcing Kai coming to Toonami during Cooler's Revenge.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Space Dandy came about with good relationship with Bandai. Apparently the Bandai contact came to Toonami. Total shock on Demarcos part.

Hmmmmm.
I wonder if Bandai and Toei could work something out with Adult Swim to air Kamen Rider.
*slaps self* No! Live-action dubs are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom