• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Kill la Kill?

We're looking at it.

Yay!

GIibT71.gif

Nudity might be a problem.

D2ktUCo.gif

Still, it sounds like they are definitely interested in airing it which is great!

Like I've said before, it's Barbie doll nudity, so at worst maybe a few lens flares here or there is enough to make it work.

Seda

Toonami in the long run?

Basically keep going the way they are currently going. Intruder is a part of the 'brand' too, one reason they are doing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kill la kill?

Nudity might be a problem.
I'm suddenly reminded of that censored shower scene from Code Geass where they had to censor cleavage despite it not really showing anything. Kill La Kill didn't really have any frontal nudity (well PARTIAL, but still), so maybe a few butts would have to get censored or something, I don't know, perhaps digital bikinis/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kill la Kill has less nudity than Attack on Titan, which is airing at 11:30, and it's less skeevy than Sword Art Online, which aired no problem.

The ONLY bit of actual nudity is little boy nudity, which Adult Swim has aired in the past on Shin Chan. I really don't see the issue.

Moaradin

Collen does a good performance as Gohan in Kai. It's superior to the old one outside of nostalgia factor. Sure it's pretty much the same voice as luffy, but it's no different than krillin and luffy being the same voice in jp.

Kai in the Bleach spot will be a big improvement. Finally a shonen with decent pacing.

Gorillaz

Kill la Kill has less nudity than Attack on Titan, which is airing at 11:30, and it's less skeevy than Sword Art Online, which aired no problem.

The ONLY bit of actual nudity is little boy nudity, which Adult Swim has aired in the past on Shin Chan. I really don't see the issue.

AoT doesn't have the same amount of "touching" as KLK. Actually it doesn't have any of it. I think your forgetting all of that stuff in the back half of the series

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Death Note?

See fairy tail.
Not surprised. As nice as it would be to rewatch the series via group watch, it's not really "actiony" by Toonami standards. A shame we can't get a block for other anime. I liked the mixture of what Adult Swim stuff had.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think Death Note did to hot on AS Action back in the day.

I keep getting corrected on this. It did ok on the first run and they had to rush to finish up a second or was it third run of the show.

It's Code Geass/DRRR/Morbito that bombed.

EDIT: All of these shows would do a fuck ton better on this Toonami. ASA was a dead brand outside of Bleach for what, five years or so?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AoT doesn't have the same amount of "touching" as KLK. Actually it doesn't have any of it. I think your forgetting all of that stuff in the back half of the series

Who cares about touching? Especially when it's not visible or explicit? And again, I'll point to Sword Art Online, which had ACTUAL SEXUAL ASSAULT.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I keep getting corrected on this. It did ok on the first run and they had to rush to finish up a second or was it third run of the show.

It's Code Geass/DRRR/Morbito that bombed.
I'd put my money on Moribito on how dull that show was, ESPECIALLY with how late it was on.

Soulflarz

Banned
Who cares about touching? Especially when it's not visible or explicit? And again, I'll point to Sword Art Online, which had ACTUAL SEXUAL ASSAULT.
Yeah i was about to say
If SAO S2 was allowed im pretty sure we'll be fine. Its that same scene except its for 5 episodes straight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched Morbito a few years ago on Netflix. It's not super duper action packed but it would have been fine on TOONAMI. Probably would have done quite well in the three hour block era when all they could afford were very cheap shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom