• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Thriller Bark was probably the first time people REALLY started to see how slow OP can get. I mean its not
Impel Down or Fishman Island
levels of slow, but damn it really takes its time for anything to happen.

Well isn't it also the arc where the pacing finally goes to hell for good (and never really recovers?), because of being too close to the manga?

Thriller Bark was probably the first time people REALLY started to see how slow OP can get. I mean its not

I think everyone here already sees how slow Enies Lobby is.

Well isn't it also the arc where the pacing finally goes to hell for good (and never really recovers?), because of being too close to the manga?

That would be this arc we're currently in. Recaps + Boss Luffy sealed the deal.

daveo42

Banned
Ah yes, the episode where AoT went from a show with some serious balls killing off the main character to one that didn't. Still a missed opportunity to have Mikasa as our new main instead of Eren.

The weird thing is that it's not even that long of an arc.

Seda

The interaction between Connie and Jean here actually feels genuine and believable.

Jean is probably the best character in this show, in spurts anyway.

daveo42

Banned
I like Thriller Bark a lot. It's a little helter skelter early on, and it drags on a little bit, but there's a lot of stuff I love about that arc, especially
the entire fight with Oars, as it's the only time in the entire series that the Straw Hats really fight as a single unit. So many combo attacks!

Agreed, but even with a good deal of moments, it still comes off as one of the weaker arcs. Not the weakest by far, but not the strongest either.

Seda

I don't remember exactly when Marco dies, but so far he's basically had a 90 second scene in the mess hall and a line here about titan locations

I can't say for sure its the reason why, but pretty much. Very few arcs afterword feel properly paced which is why OP as great is it is, is just way too difficult to watch weekly now for me personally.

I think everyone here already sees how slow Enies Lobby is.

Water 7/Ennies Lobby has a lot more going on, and the one episode a week doesn't really help. And I'm talking more in comparison with other OP arcs. OP as a whole obviously moves much slower than most anime not named Naruto.

The weird thing is that it's not even that long of an arc.

It is weird, that being said I still think its a pretty decent arc, but just a pretty big step down from Ennies Lobby
even if one of the best characters in the show finally comes in.

FITE FITE FITE

Also since [adult swim] released their upfront press release signifying a return of Space Dandy, I wonder when the repeats will commence. They still have to repeat Season 2.

Line_HTX

Damn, too bad I got home as the episode ended. Oh well, at least I reacted as much as possible during Kirito's manly aura and tsundere and Suguha and that nurse.... Oh, sorry.

Oh, it was just a nightmare.
Lame jokes. Chopped to pieces.
The Senketsu pieces were divided up among the students.
Nice yellow shades and track suit.
The time has come to permanently retire the teacher act.
I'm an officer of Nudist Beach, fighting against the scourge that is life fibers. This big overarching conflict sounds really lame to be nice.
GIVE ME THE GLOW! YOU'RE SO HOT! GOOD LOOKING!
The scraps are like steroids lol.
BEGIN THE BLITZKRIEG!
Armored football pads.
THESE REGULATIONS ARE HARDER THAN STEEL!
Impenetrable defense.
Paintbrushes turned into missiles. Okay.
BWONG!
Man, this Kaneo Takarada is one hell of a character. Fucking glorious.
But this is Osaka, G., and unless y'all want mah foot up yo ass, y'all best git to steppin', yo dipshits. You might have put the net on lockdown, but those granny chicks can spread a rumor faster than a pimp can slap a ho, yo. Check it! You in mah house now, homie, in the O-to-the-Saka! In this town, most coins wins up in HERE-A, G!
You high or somethin'? We gon' bitch-slap you with cash money. GONNA MAKE IT RAIN.
I put mah dollas where my mouth is yo, so git lost, suckas. Hell, they worth more than dat broke-ass Japanese paper. Oh, you didn't know? Oh right, y'all's from northern Kanto.
Y'all ain't shit. Mah cash is no joke, DAWG!
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Fucking Mako just Fist of the North Star'd those money bullets.

Russian mob. MEAT ARMOR! WHAT'CHA THINK ABOUT THAT, BRAH?
MIRROR FORCE!!
And cue the Deus ex Machina shit again.
Not if I can help it, it won't, PLAYAH! They's combat citizens, and these bitches is tough and itchin' to throw down.
Mako is blasting off again.
OKAY Y'ALL! WHOEVS KILLS THIS HICK GETS A MILLION TAKARADA BUCKS!
She will make up for what's missing in Senketsu. The FINAL PIECE is with our Queen, our Lady Satsuki.

Both episodes were great. One had me dying of laughter, and the other had me laughing and crying because I like bad shows.

Hopefully OG Inuyasha replaces Final Act.

Final Act is more likely to rerun then OG InuYasha is to return ever to AS/Toonami. I believe when they talked about FA on Pre-flight they said "yeah our last run was cut short, but OG InuYasha ran on AS for 13 years we've done it justice multiple times"

That said the comment of "multiple new shows planned" probably means none of the shows ending this year are being replaced by reruns minus AoT obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom