• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.
i1LjNHoGml5B.gif

i0Z5bYoA7SeFN.gif

Dat's one hot momma :D

daveo42

Banned
Lazybones should be the example we use when we say "This is the kind of person that likes things like SAO. Do you want to grow up to be like Lazybones?" It might help slow SAO down, even just a little.

I don't even know anyone who still watches Sailor Moon Crystal outside of people already invested in the manga.

I stopped around episode 12. I might go back to it once it wraps up, but I'm too many episodes behind at the moment and have next to no motivation to watch it either.

So who's gonna watch the Dub for Blood Blockade Battlefront on Wednesday from Funimation?

This series would definitely be a good fit for Toonami imo.

bigkrev

So, watched this weeks SAO

Worst episode by far this season. Holy shit "I'm-your-sister-but-not-really-so-its-totally-cool-that-I-want-to-fuck-you" was back with a vengeance. I thought it was cute they introduced a nameless nurse who wants to do nothing but hold Kirito in her arms and tell him how strong he is, as it is nearly self-parody.

Only redeeming quality was the devastating friendzone Sinon preformed on BestFriend-kun

Soulflarz

Banned
I dont even hate SAO, I'm pretty bad at seeing the bad parts of it, because I've come to accept it as a staple of the show. I guess I can survive badly written nonsense.

But when watching with you guys and looking for the issues?
Yeah, my God is it bad.

daveo42

Banned
Part of my had for SAO stems from the idea that there are people out there that actually thing it is a good show. The rest is from just how bad it can be while trying to deal with delicate or controversial issues with galaxy-sized ham fists.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Part of my had for SAO stems from the idea that there are people out there that actually thing it is a good show. The rest is from just how bad it can be while trying to deal with delicate or controversial issues with galaxy-sized ham fists.

Who cares what other people think though?

so you hate it because some people have the audacity to enjoy it? i think sao ranges from mediocre to terrible depending on the episode but i couldn't care less if others derive some joy from watching; that just seems...odd

daveo42

Banned
Who cares what other people think though?

so you hate it because some people have the audacity to enjoy it? i think sao ranges from mediocre to terrible depending on the episode but i couldn't care less if others derive some joy from watching; that just seems...odd

If enough people like a thing, then it will continue to get made. SAO is popular and as long as it continues to be popular, it will continue to be made. So yes, I blame the fanbase of the show because it is big enough to keep something like SAO going and hate it because popular anime continues to move in the direction of shows like SAO.

I've mentioned numerous times that SAO 2's greatest sin is that it's dreadfully boring for the first arc.

Even though season 1 was bad, at least SOME action was happening.

Seda

For SAOII so far, I think "nothing happens" and "it's boring" are certainly true, but insufficiently describe why it's garbage.

Basically every character motivation and interaction is inept at best. Nothing about how any of these characters carry themselves is believable.

Soulflarz

Banned
Seda you're part of the problem

For SAOII so far, I think "nothing happens" and "it's boring" are certainly true, but insufficiently describe why it's garbage.

Basically every character motivation and interaction is inept at best. Nothing about how any of these characters carry themselves is believable.

Pretty much, especially when it comes to their relations to Kirito.

You met a guy a few days ago and you're already trapped in the harem he didn't work for at all? Oh okay.

bigkrev

I somewhat disagree with the claim of it being boring, but yeah, it's the character interactions that make the series awful. It makes you think the writer is a psychopath with no ability to understand human emotions

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I still have no idea why he's been doing any of this in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom