• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

ibcLHfL1nYLSpQ.gif
ibcLHfL1nYLSpQ.gif
ibcLHfL1nYLSpQ.gif

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

At the top of the page where it belongs :D

Fell asleep during Final Act, so I just watched One Piece.

Zoro gets not one, but two great lines: "Suffering is welcome on the path to bloodshed" and getting a job at the zoo.

Robin biting down on that bridge - intense.

Why can't you be on earlier, One Piece?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yikes, woke up late today. I must have been tired. Damn you Shippuden, and I still managed to watch One Piece

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
The Namekian slaughter continues, but this time at Vegeta's hands. I'm sure that Dragon Ball will stay hidden for a looong time.
We also learn more on how Namekians operate. They only drink water, they're asexual (though Demon King Piccolo did show he could vomit eggs during his arc so... not that new), and there's barely any left. Well, before Freeza showed up that is.

Kill la Kill:
GIANT SCHOOL TAKEOVER!
The Elite 4 goes full HAM (in more ways than one) taking out every school. Football players with literal meat shields, magical people that use the Four Symbols, and the Osaka equivalent of Harry Enfield. With Ryuko acting as a third party getting her uniform back, and Mako as a fourth party just being awesome.

Sword Art Online II:
Nothing happened this episode. "But character moments" say the defenders. I don't care about these characters. They could all die and I won't feel anything.
JYB's character is who is obviously Death Gun is way too much of a simp.

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
There goes Magatsuhi, who despite being introduced really recently, is the second villain listed on Inuyasha's character page on Wikipedia. I guess he was supposed to be important? The show's pacing kind of screwed it up. Four episodes left.

YOU MADE ZOMBIES BORING

One Piece:
The end of Zoro vs Kaku, and it's still awesome. Asura... well it could very well be an extension of certain powers we learn about later. That's all I'll say.
It's amazing that all the brutality Robin goes through this arc, she's still immensely hot afterwards. I mean- *runs*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, actually got to sleep in past 10 a.m. for once.

Also, why was there so much Simpsons talk during SAO? Is there some kind of weird Simpsons Art Online fanart that I'm not aware of (& continue to wish to not be aware of?)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Holy crap, actually got to sleep in past 10 a.m. for once.

Also, why was there so much Simpsons talk during SAO? Is there some kind of weird Simpsons Art Online fanart that I'm not aware of (& continue to wish to not be aware of?)

There wasn't any Simpsons talk during SAO.
Someone did post a Simpsons screenshot during Kill la Kill mocking the fake money.

Oh, I thought "Simp" was an abb. for Simpsons.

........so it stands for "simpleton"?

Simp is not short for anything, it's basically just a term used to describe a male that will do absolutely anything to please a female even if she refuses to return his affections. It can also be used to describe a male who pretends he doesn't like a girl around his friends but is actually whipped by her when the two of them are alone.

Basically, think of it as a synonym for thirsty or white knight

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, so a Yandere.

You guys need to start using more common words.

:kayos:

All seriousness: So male version of "thirsty", got it.

daveo42

Banned
Sword Art Online II:
Nothing happened this episode. "But character moments" say the defenders. I don't care about these characters. They could all die and I won't feel anything.
JYB's character is who is obviously Death Gun is way too much of a simp.

I'd take "character moments" if these characters were defined by anything more than:

Kirito - Gaming Jesus and Harem Owner
Sinon (Asuma?) - "Pro-gun" anti-gun Harem member with PTSD related to guns, because guns
JYB - Death Gun's rendition of SAO's Simpin' Ain't Easy
Asuna and everyone other female character ever - Harem member and T&A fodder

You need some characters with actual depth for there to be character moments.

Kirigod wears gucci shades to block out the haters

That's probably the most disturbing avatar I've ever seen.

Simp is not short for anything, it's basically just a term used to describe a male that will do absolutely anything to please a female even if she refuses to return his affections. It can also be used to describe a male who pretends he doesn't like a girl around his friends but is actually whipped by her when the two of them are alone.

Basically, think of it as a synonym for thirsty or white knight

It's a gender neutral term.

Raxus

Not sure if Metatron noted this last night but a lost in translation joke from last nights One Piece.

When Zoro defeats Kaku he says 'you're fired'. In japanese 'kubi' means fired and neck. Giraffe joke!

Finally all caught up on KLK. Its definitely slowed down the last few episodes but its still a fun watch and this dub just keeps getting more and more amazing.

I've heard from friends that it goes to some incredible places so I'm excited to see the rest of it.

MikeMyers

Final Act is more likely to rerun then OG InuYasha is to return ever to AS/Toonami. I believe when they talked about FA on Pre-flight they said "yeah our last run was cut short, but OG InuYasha ran on AS for 13 years we've done it justice multiple times"

That said the comment of "multiple new shows planned" probably means none of the shows ending this year are being replaced by reruns minus AoT obviously
Fairy Tail it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom