• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.
poo, I missed the top of the page

ZE0y6Jw.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 104:

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted but the small pink nightmare has returned and she has been given a gimmick makeover as the allegedly hilariously inept sailor guardian from the future who has been sent back to the past to seek out new friends and get some desperately needed training. I will admit while I do like the direction they went, making Mini Moon here a dire rookie who needs to earn some combat training, I think they went too far in that direction and now she is a literal joke character at the moment. A more deserving station to be sure, but much like her interactions with Usagi, the joke goes from funny to overbearingly annoying more then it should. Still, it is a sign of a top notch production that I can actual be amused by Chibi-Usa instead of wishing for the sweet release of death, so kudos there. Really, that is pretty much all there is to her focus episode aside from crushing not only on the victim of the week but also our favorite lesbian power couple. There are many a harem protagonist that wish they had as much game as these two do without even really trying. Anyway, this episode comes very mildly recommended as it is tolerable but this is pretty much a gag episode that is lacking much in the way of relevance.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 105:

Ah yes, this is the kind of episode that has been needed for a bit of time now. Indeed, one of the true advantages the 1990s anime series had over its other incarnations is the sheer size of any given season means that the core cast will get face time no matter how out of focus they get at other points in the season. Case in point, this was a very solid focus episode on the inner team that we haven't seen in awhile. Granted the focal point is Mako and hero issues with inaquacy following her defeat and the hands of some monster of the week that I sort of remember and her sudden desire to train and get stronger become a lone wolf and such. While she is the star of this particular show we get a lot of interplay with the inners that used to dominate past season but have been since reduced in scale ever since the spore and The Most Interesting Couple In The World showed up onto the scene. While yes all of those players do show up for bit parts this was more Mako doing the admittedly cliched resolution of overcoming her individual weakness through the power of teamwork. Got to admit that seems to be a lesson she should already know but whatever this was just a good and soild episode, recommended to watch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG GUYS

MONEY = ZENI

ZENI = ZENNY

ZENNY = MONEY

...........so the currency in a lot of Capcom games was....moneys.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I have 500 moneys, but I need 100 more moneys to buy this upgrade.

Always thought Zeni/Zenny was just a made-up Capcom currency, but hey, learned something today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, so one scene in SAO2 episode 3, if you look at the computer screen, Death Gun uses HIS ACTUAL DAMN NAME AS HIS USERNAME, REVEALING WHO THEY ARE.

Jesus, it's like they're TRYING to ruin the "twist" of who Death Gun is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got Super Metroid when it was only 30 cents on Wii U VC.

........I REALLY should get back to SotN on 360 since I got it on sale & played it a bit, but didn't get far.

Heck, I wish I could use this week to just relax & finally get to non-3DS or Vita backlog stuff. But I gotta get financial aid taken care of, might have a second date tomorrow night, and figure out who to talk to about a part-time IT job at the college. Not sure how relaxed I'll get to be.

Crocodile

People in here haven't played Metroid or Castlevania games?

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

I knew, KNEW I was going to get into character design arguments for Iga's new game regardless what it looked like LOL

So hyped for Iga's new game, people crying this will be mn9 2.0 is just silly. Mn9 is going to play fine and real talk that concept art didn't look that great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom