• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

11:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:30 - One Piece
1:00 - Hunter X Hunter
1:30 - One-Punch Man
2:00 - My Hero Academia
2:30 - Space Dandy
3:00 - Yu Yu Hakusho

daveo42

Banned
Punchline would be good if it wasn't for that terrible panty gimmick.

11:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:30 - One Piece
1:00 - Hunter X Hunter
1:30 - One-Punch Man
2:00 - My Hero Academia
2:30 - Space Dandy
3:00 - Yu Yu Hakusho

Now that's a block I could get behind.

Bleach did bring the ratings, I'd just schedule more Kai if all I cared about was maximizing ratings. SAO does about as well as most other shows on the block in its time slot.

SAO 2 has generally outperformed One Piece which had the 1:00 slot this time last year and the first season exploded in popularity; people forget that it was the only reason we had quint-millions in 2013 when IGPX, SBT, and even an EVA movie couldn't match what it pulled in on average. That was a show a 2AM pulling in 850K+ on average every night although you could argue that it aired during peak viewing season when everything gets a bump. Surprisingly enough, I'm pretty sure Black Lagoon has had the best ratings in that slot when it got moved to 2AM near the end of its run for poor performance earlier on the block.

Toonami 2016 Summer Schedule confirmed.

10:30 Dragonball Super
11:00 Space Dandy Season 3
11:30 Hunter X Hunter
12:00 Attack on Titan S2
12:30 Parasyte
1:00 Shippuden
1:30 JJBA
2:00 One Piece
2:30 YuYu Hakusho HD
3:00 Cowboy Bebop HD
3:30 Outlaw Star HD
4:00 GTO
subbed

Puruzi

Banned
We doing our own schedules now?

12:00 - Seikon no Qwaser
12:30 - Queen's Blade
1:00 - High School of the Dead
1:30 - Ikki Tousen
2:00 - Highschool DxD
2:30 - Freezing
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo GXP

#BestScheduleEv0rz
Yes please.
I have seen all of these except GXP, how lewd is that?
Punchline would be good if it wasn't for that terrible panty gimmick.
It's great regardless.

daveo42

Banned
SAO 2 has generally outperformed One Piece which had the 1:00 slot this time last year and the first season exploded in popularity; people forget that it was the only reason we had quint-millions in 2013 when IGPX, SBT, and even an EVA movie couldn't match what it pulled in on average. That was a show a 2AM pulling in 850K+ on average every night although you could argue that it aired during peak viewing season when everything gets a bump. Surprisingly enough, I'm pretty sure Black Lagoon has had the best ratings in that slot when it got moved to 2AM near the end of its run for poor performance earlier on the block.

That's why I said most. One Piece isn't nearly as popular as alot of other shows on the block, which I find quite sad.

how does it rank compared to what KLK has

Equal opportunity fanservice vs a shounen power up based on fanservice. KLK at least has some reason for it being in there most of the time. Punchline includes it just to get views and the whole panty thing could easily be swapped out for almost anything else and the main story would still work.

LOLDSFAN

12:00 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden
1:30 - Fairy Tail
2:00 - Soul Eater Not (Completionist in me needs to watch this)
2:30 - K-On!
3:00 - Trigun

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
12:00 - Strike Witches
12:30 - Vividred Operation
1:00 - Girls Und Panzer
1:30 - Free!
2:00 - Soul Eater Not
2:30 - Lesbian Bear Storm
3:00 - Hamtaro

R I doin' it rite?

Man if the Dub for Blood Blockade Battlefront turns out really great, then we're looking at a real gem here. It would be a great fit for Toonami because of its New York City setting and much of it's western influence. That's Nightow the creator of Trigun for ya, a true western fan. Though I hope Funimation doesn't screw up with this.

Oh god this is the worst

What's wrong with Trigun?😒

daveo42

Banned
It's pretty meh even without it. I kept watching it waiting for the funnies to happen, but they never came. Then it started trying to do drama and that didn't work either.

The actual story has some promise, it just loses all impact they try to build up. The faction stuff could have been hilarious too, it just isn't their either. At least it looks good?

Raxus

12:00 - School Days
12:30 - School Days
1:00 - School Days
1:30 - School Days
2:00 - School Days
2:30 - School Days
3:00 - School Days

Watch the world burn, etc etc etc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, that'd be the best April Fools prank. Have it so it just airs the "essential" episodes, ending with the final episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sailor Moon is a big enough franchise for Toonami they'd probably announce it quite a few weeks before hand & start getting commercials ready. Or heck, make special promos & be all "Toonami's most memorable shows from the '90s are back"

The problem is that you would expect Sailor Moon Crystal to be a Momocon announcement, but that's too close to the actual start date.

Well every day we get closer with no announcement of Final Acts replacement makes it more likely that announcement is happening at momocon

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I hope it doesn't come to toonami just so I don't have to go through this circlejerk everyday. I know Puruzi's with me.

Yep. Can't stand it.
I'm not sure why this upsets you guys. A series without any real English presence for 28 years is finally getting it's long overdue localization. Of course fans are going to be happy and freak out.

Plus, Jojo makes up it's plot as it goes so they'll be plenty of real complaints to go around once/if it starts airing.

Raxus

I agree Sailor Moon would warrant some advance press much like DBZ Kai did. It's also take up the 12:30 slot for KLK since it would mean two juggernauts for ratings.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm not sure why this upsets you guys. A series without any real English presence for 28 years is finally getting it's long overdue localization. Of course fans are going to be happy and freak out.

Plus, Jojo makes up it's plot as it goes so they'll be plenty of real complaints to go around once/if it starts airing.

Oh hai Dio's different coffin.

I don't think anybody is upset

daveo42

Banned
It also depends on how much JoJo is going to cost if and when they get it. Crystal is a lock, though they might bring back Bebop late and move everything up, then swap KLK for either JoJo or Crystal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, what if I watched one episode of JoJo..

And I wasn't exactly impressed?
This is EXACTLY what I feared. Part 1/Phantom Blood isn't BAD, but when you get to the later parts, it feels so...."average" in comparison. & it takes a few episodes for the more interesting stuff of that Part to kick in.

It's more of a set-up for Part 2 & 3, both of which are completely different. Thankfully, Part 1 is only 9 episodes long while Part 2 (which has a much better "first" episode) is about 15 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom