• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Yes, Klk was awesome again this week. Takarada voice actor ftw.

He'll be back this week, along with Ryuko's sweet alternate outfit:

weChjzr.jpg

It'll be its last appearance, tho.

Raxus

Ok, slow burner. Thanks for the tip.

Yep, aside a few wtf moments it only truly starts to get bizarre as the series goes on. Episode 3 is a big standout for part 1 and I love nearly every episode of part 2.

Episode 1 also crams a crazy amount of material into one episode ala Final Act.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The thing to remember with Jojo is that instead of keeping one character/setting/etc. throughout its long running syndication (Part 1 started in 1986, almost THIRTY YEARS ago), it ends after so many chapter & then while the idea of stands (or in the case of Part 2, Hamon) are still there, it's a completely different cast of characters with different powers in a different location with a new plot. Hell, Part 7 is completely different with the fact it no longer took place in the same universe as the previous parts.

So watching episode 1 of Part 1 is going to be COMPLETELY different than watching episode 1 of Part 2 and especially Part 3 & doesn't serve as a good example of what the series is like.

I mean, granted, that can be said for a lot of long-running anime/manga (I used an earlier example of saying you guys would tell someone to keep watching if they only watched the first episode of One Piece), but with Jojo, it has to be stressed more.

LOLDSFAN

So I've caught up with 3 shows far.

Kai: Vegeta is a bad man. Killer fish to the rescue. Little Green teaches Bulma about the birds and the bees.

7T5IDVE.gif

Kill la Kill: So I watched that preview Toonami cut but I'm still struggling with the plot and why I should care about what's going on. I will say this show is better when they're not fighting which is ironic compared to other shows.

tYuzrYl.gif

SOA: Saddest fried-zone ever. ;_; Best nurse ever. ;_;

DfK7ycg.gif

Will watch Final Act and One Piece tomorrow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh my god, did they do ANOTHER Schick/Eva crossover?

Also gotta love how Gendo smiles more in PROMOS than in the actual show/manga.

Moaradin

Probably a dumb question, but has there been anything official about the second part of Kai (Buu) getting dubbed?

Nothing announced but it's the worst kept secret at this point. Several voice actors confirmed they were in the middle of dubbing it before it even aired in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom