• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

The only thing my parents were really strict on where were any toy that they thought was too much like a weapon. That included even stuff like Nerf Guns and Water Guns or fake Swords. I always felt they they went a bit overboard when I was a kid but as an adult its SUPER OBVIOUS why they were anal retentive about that sort of stuff :/

They also weren't big fans of hyper-violent material but I disliked stuff like Mortal Komabt anyway so I wasn't really attracted to that sort of stuff either then or now. I remember playing Hybrid Heaven for the N64 once and my Dad gave me some shit about that but I just kept playing it when my parents weren't home.

I think when I was 9 or 10, I played GTA 3. Although I only really cared about driving around and causing some mayhem. San Andreas was when I was 15 I think?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Never played GTA since that fell under the radar of "Oh, M-rated game where you just shoot people and crap. Pass."

Jarate

Banned
I played GoldenEye as a kid heavily. I played some GTA but I've never been a big fan of the series.

I'm gonna allow my kids to prolly play whatever and watch whatever unless he has specific problems related to violence. I don't see why they shouldnt

I think when I was 9 or 10, I played GTA 3. Although I only really cared about driving around and causing some mayhem. San Andreas was when I was 15 I think?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd be the biggest hypocritical parent by not caring about sexual content but getting on their case on violence because that seems how other countries roll.

...............but that'd require actually having a kid. Let alone WANTING one, which I don't after all the years of being around them.

ESRB ratings were law in my house.
Least your parents actually KNEW of the ESRB ratings, therefore having those warnings do its job.

Jarate

Banned
Fuck the phone version indeed, missing a lot of voice acting and the screen is stuck in landscape mode

Ps2 or bust in general, since I doubt the 3ds version will be a good port

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuck the phone version indeed, missing a lot of voice acting and the screen is stuck in landscape mode

Ps2 or bust in general, since I doubt the 3ds version will be a good port

3DS is significantly more powerful than the PS2, it amounts to what effort they put in. Plus this version will have, if nothing else, significantly improved loading times.

Jarate

Banned
3DS is significantly more powerful than the PS2, it amounts to what effort they put in. Plus this version will have, if nothing else, significantly improved loading times.
Things that are bad going for it

Limited cartridge space
Square Enix already ported the game, it'll prolly be a port of a port
We won't get it in america

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Things that are bad going for it

Limited cartridge space
Square Enix already ported the game, it'll prolly be a port of a port
We won't get it in america

DQ VIII on PS2 is slightly smaller than the largest 3DS games.
It won't be a port of the unity port, that would be dumb.
We might get it in America considering most of it is localized to modern DQ standards (this was the first title to be so in fact)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LOLOLOL guys you realize it's going to be a port of the iOS version to 3DS, right?

Considering Unity doesn't work natively on 3DS and it would probably be more work undoing the vertical scaling, plus the new content...Yeah, it's not likely.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
If that alternate costume was the standard outfit of [Kill la Kill Protagonist], then I probably would have had enough interest to keep watching. Character design is a huge factor in whether I'll watch anime, and while [Protagonist] had good design for her hair and facial expressions, both her standard garb and at least initial battle outfit were super lame/ uncool. Part of the reason that I got into/ enjoy A Certain Magical/Scientific Index/Railgun is that I enjoy Accelerator's character design/facial expressions enough that I would watch anything that he's in (assuming that they don't pull a Soul Eater Not! and trash designs in another adaptation or something). I actively want his shirt to wear. Probably also part of the reason I'll probably never watch One Piece.

The suspenders still look stupid though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
whenever I lose a bunch of weight I end up belting my track pants to go walk the dogs with because it's cheaper than buying new ones. I only size down when the pants become too worn. Maybe I should switch to suspenders...

Soulflarz

Banned
To those who know me

*doesn't inherently hate Kirito because harems are too real*

(I guess the thing I hate is their reasons for liking him, since he doesn't really put any effort into it, which is where the stupidity comes in)

tumblr_njcbeyJMuO1qbiny8o1_1280.png

That's the Steven way, baby.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The nurse literally has dialogue that amounts to "I'm a hot sexy nubile young nurse! Now take off your pants!"

I mean sure, Sinnon has seemingly fallen in love with the guy after he "betrayed" her by not conforming to gender identity norms and hating him for one round of a tournament, but at least she isn't pervy nurse.

Raxus

Interesting. What did you find so disappointing, if you don't mind my asking?

First of all it lives up to the definition of disappointing for me. As in it showed promise and peaked when we hit *Episode title spoilers for Daredevil*
Nelson v. Murdock and The Path of the Righteous.
The final two episodes squander that. I will go into further detail but this is so spoiler heavy I am not even going to bother black barring the page and just PM you the nitty gritty.

In short, I can really see why they are changing showrunners.

daveo42

Banned
I mean sure, Sinnon has seemingly fallen in love with the guy after he "betrayed" her by not conforming to gender identity norms and hating him for one round of a tournament, but at least she isn't pervy nurse.

The issue is that her dialogue serves zero purpose in SAO2 other than to reiterate the fact that everyone with a vagina wants Kirito just because it's Kirito. Sinon at least has characterization beyond that distinction, even if it's not that deep or even great.

TheChits

First of all it lives up to the definition of disappointing for me. As in it showed promise and peaked when we hit *Episode title spoilers for Daredevil*
The final two episodes squander that. I will go into further detail but this is so spoiler heavy I am not even going to bother black barring the page and just PM you the nitty gritty.

Ah, I see. That is fair enough, as I also found
the final two episodes a disappointing culmination of all that had happened prior
. Still loved the show overall though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freakin' hell, Nintendo's Digital Event for E3 starts RIGHT at the same time I have class. Guess I'll have to get the video ready & watch it as soon as I get home 2 hours later. Gonna have to stay off Twitter & Neogaf so the element of surprise is still there.

Raxus

Freakin' hell, Nintendo's Digital Event for E3 starts RIGHT at the same time I have class. Guess I'll have to get the video ready & watch it as soon as I get home 2 hours later. Gonna have to stay off Twitter & Neogaf so the element of surprise is still there.

Apparently Square's conference is at the exact same time as well.

This E3 is already shaping up to be kind of a mess. If I recall 2010 was kind of a clusterfuck too.

Conferences this year:
Nintendo
Sony
Microsoft
EA
Ubisoft
PC (?)
Bethesda
Square Enix (?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo & Square to secretly team up & announce the same game at the same time: SUPER MARIO RPG 2: LEGEND OF 7 MOAR STARZ

I'll just watch whatever S-E trailers (i.e FF15 & HOPEFULLY KH3) afterwards, but Nintendo takes my top priority.

Think I might be able to see Sony's press conference live, though I question why I still bother watching Microsoft's aside from the fact it's tradition to watch the big 3.

Can't get that tuesday off work due to it being inventory, thankfully my lunch is always 12-1 which perfectly lines up with Nintendo's event.

Send me that PM.

eh, the last episode was kind of lame

It was a little underwhelming, but I thought it was good season finale. It left some hanging plot threads for Season 2 and other Marvel Netflix series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom