• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has this week gone by quickly for anybody else?
Sort of. This was my one week off, but I've been spending it doing stuff around the house or mowing, then making sure I have financial aid to pay for the summer semester, then tomorrow, I gotta leave around 2 p.m. to drive 2 hours to my grandma's, then I'm hoping to leave at a decent time Saturday so I can come back home, have the house/a decent amount of Sunday to myself, and watch Toonami in peace.

......also have a date tonight so hoping that goes well.

Sort of. This was my one week off, but I've been spending it doing stuff around the house or mowing, then making sure I have financial aid to pay for the summer semester, then tomorrow, I gotta leave around 2 p.m. to drive 2 hours to my grandma's, then I'm hoping to leave at a decent time Saturday so I can come back home, have the house/a decent amount of Sunday to myself, and watch Toonami in peace.

......also have a date tonight so hoping that goes well.

A date!? You better let us know how it goes. I'm still kinda doing me after breaking up with my last girlfriend over her moving to PA. Still searching for another girl that will actually watch Space Dandy with me.

Shit man, I had finals and now I have graduation this weekend.

Dude congrats! I've said this before but I can't stress how important a college education is so I'm really happy to hear you ended up finishing without any issues. What's the job search looking like? I didn't find anything stable until about a year after I got out, so last year. First job was a part-time gig doing audio engineering and then I jumped ship to a sales position at a company that sells air/water purifiers. After a few months of that I got hired at Safelite's corporate office which is a great place to work.

Grexeno

Dude congrats! I've said this before but I can't stress how important a college education is so I'm really happy to hear you ended up finishing without any issues. What's the job search looking like? I didn't find anything stable until about a year after I got out, so last year. First job was a part-time gig doing audio engineering and then I jumped ship to a sales position at a company that sells air/water purifiers. After a few months of that I got hired at Safelite's corporate office which is a great place to work.
I've applied for............a few. Shit got hectic in the last few weeks so I haven't really done shit since then. After graduation is my little bro's high school graduation next week. After that I'm returning to my apartment for the summer to really dig in on the job hunting, then back to my dad's to continue if nothing happens over the summer.

I've applied for............a few. Shit got hectic in the last few weeks so I haven't really done shit since then. After graduation is my little bro's high school graduation next week. After that I'm returning to my apartment for the summer to really dig in on the job hunting, then back to my dad's to continue if nothing happens over the summer.

There's no shame in going home for a bit; I did it too when I couldn't get full time work. What did you major in?

Regiruler

Yeah. Been kind of an awkwardly unproductive week for me and its frustrating. Having trouble concentrating :(
I feel you. Going for jobs and I've only gotten applications in for two places, still haven't finished my resume for places that require it.

Feels bad man

EDIT: Only part-time jobs, I'm just going into sophomore year

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A date!? You better let us know how it goes. I'm still kinda doing me after breaking up with my last girlfriend over her moving to PA. Still searching for another girl that will actually watch Space Dandy with me.
She mentioned she liked shows like Avatar/Korra, Steven Universe, & such, so kind of hoping this means she likes a few anime, or at the very least, is fine with the medium. I hinted that while I haven't seen shows like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, etc., I'd be open to watching them if I could find the time and maybe have someone to watch it with.

.....plus it'd be nice to have a place to go to outside of the house (one to four kids aged 11 to 15) or college.

Oh yeah, also was trying to figure out any part-time jobs I could have at the college while I have one class each half of the semester. Looked online, was told to talk to the department, went to the department & was told to go talk to Student Employment, was told "nah, what's online is all that's available, you have to apply online". Hoping to get hired for what's basically tech support.

I feel you. Going for jobs and I've only gotten applications in for two places, still haven't finished my resume for places that require it.

Feels bad man

EDIT: Only part-time jobs, I'm just going into sophomore year

Internships will be more helpful to you now unless you absolutely need the money

daveo42

Banned
Yeah. Been kind of an awkwardly unproductive week for me and its frustrating. Having trouble concentrating :(

I feel like I need a week like that, at least the unproductive part. The last two weeks at work have been insanely busy and stressful. It's felt like a month should have already passed.

Raxus

I am so glad to be done with school and working. I have been just chilling all month and besides getting kind of behind on my Witcher series playthrough, the week has gone smoothly.

Going to see Mad Max tonight. I am beyond hyped.

Levyne

Banned
I'm kinda sorta applying for jobs, but I'm planning to graduate in December so I have time. Nothing is ever set in stone in grad school though. I've been working in some way or another for nearly a decade so if I have to have some down time between graduating and finding a job, I think I might enjoy it, or at least try to.

Regiruler

Internships will be more helpful to you now unless you absolutely need the money

Most places around here require sophmore level or higher, or require you to turn in your application early.

Internships were the idea, but I've never held a job before so my parents thought that work experience of any sort would be beneficial.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Most places around here require sophmore level or higher, or require you to turn in your application early.

Internships were the idea, but I've never held a job before so my parents thought that work experience of any sort would be beneficial.

Nope, no one gives a shit that you were a cashier at a department store unless that's the sort of thing you're applying for. Get internships in your field instead, that way you might have a leg up on the competition when you graduate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nope, no one gives a shit that you were a cashier at a department store unless that's the sort of thing you're applying for. Get internships in your field instead, that way you might have a leg up on the competition when you graduate.
This is EXACTLY my line of logic that I have. I want to apply for tech-related jobs because I want the experience & have a better chance of getting a job that I'll feel the most comfortable with.

I was taught while growing up "if you don't go to college and get a good education, you'll end up working at McDonalds". I want a job that makes me feel like I'm making use of the education I'm getting while expanding upon that.

That plan is perfect... If you're not massively in debt with no degree. I'm obviously not putting my probably years at walmart on my hypothetical teaching application, but right now I need the money to have a shot to go back and finish school

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So yeah, I'm reading Secret Wars. Not sure what I got myself into but it does seem entertaining.

Gotta read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers first dude, shit is bonkers. Probably his Fantastic Four as well. The man's been foreshadowing this event for years and years.

BBboy20

Gotta read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers first dude, shit is bonkers. Probably his Fantastic Four as well. The man's been foreshadowing this event for years and years.
Dude knew Marvel had to clean up this history of a mess? Sounds like fiction coming from reality.

daveo42

Banned
Everyone,stop what you are doing and make your way to a movie theater. Once there, order a ticket for Mad Max and prepare to be blown away.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dude knew Marvel had to clean up this history of a mess? Sounds like fiction coming from reality.

Nah, everyone's been pretty upfront with saying this isn't a reboot or anything like that. It looks like it's just an excuse to kill of the Ultimate Universe, bring Miles to the 616, and for Hickman to do the crazy sci-fi space shit he loves to do.

BBboy20

Everyone,stop what you are doing and make your way to a movie theater. Once there, order a ticket for Ex Machina and prepare to be at least entertained.

Nah, everyone's been pretty upfront with saying this isn't a reboot or anything like that. It looks like it's just an excuse to kill of the Ultimate Universe, bring Miles to the 616, and for Hickman to do the crazy sci-fi space shit he loves to do.
Oh...well, Battleworlds would have been interesting as the future of Marvel Comics. Turn it into a fantasy land then about gods among men.

Still, seeing a eulogy for dimensions was...something....and I like Spider-Gwen. :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo I just beat Aria of Sorrow. Got 100% Map and Souls.
Now I'm really looking forward to Bloodstained.

Regiruler

This is a personal thing, not for a resume. I'm well aware thr job itself has no sway, my parents just want me doing something with my time.

I've already mentioned that I've missed my window, no? This wasn't plan A.

BBboy20

Dark Reign 1

I don't know if those comic events were Reed's fault but going by this major screw-up, it seems to be just bad luck. Also, "no problem that can't be solved"...
that was sure proven wrong this year!

and I'm finally growing up as a nerd. ^.^

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dark Reign 1

I don't know if those comic events were Reed's fault but going by this major screw-up, it seems to be just bad luck. Also, "no problem that can't be solved"...
that was sure proven wrong this year!

and I'm finally growing up as a nerd. ^.^

You're gonna be in for a ride dude, this shit gets real as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom