• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funimation going crazy with them simuldubs this season

Phase 1

School DxD BorN (Saturdays at 1:00 pm ET, beginning May 2)

Assassination Classroom (Wednesdays at 8:00 pm ET, beginning May 13)

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign (Wednesdays at 8:30 pm ET, beginning May 13)

Blood Blockade Battlefront (Wednesdays at 9:00 pm ET, beginning May 13)

Ninja Slayer (Thursdays at 10:00 am ET, beginning May 21)

Phase 2 The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (Fridays at 2:10 pm ET, date TBA)

Ultimate Otaku Teacher (Saturdays at 7:00 am ET, date TBA)

The Heroic Legend of Arslan (Sundays at 5:00 am ET, date TBA)

Show by Rock!! (Sundays at 9:00 am ET, date TBA)

Mikagura School Suite (Tuesdays at 4:35 pm ET, date TBA)

BBboy20

We are anticipating Mad Max and all but y'all gotta' see Ex Machina if you can. Dope-ass flick, y'all!

Forgive my jive turkey lingo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh great, so now the 2 hour trip to grandma's over the weekend is going to include two of my dad's gf's kids, one of which is guaranteed to use a ton of bandwidth (& not shut up). Plus that means I can't have the TV in the living room now because sleeping conditions.

............I should just take my own car so I can drive back home Saturday. I wanted the weekend to myself anyways before my Intro to Statistics & possibly a part-time job at the college started...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank goodness, seems like I'll be able to watch Toonami with the house to myself via returning home in my own car. Plus I told him it'd be a good idea for me to learn how to get to my grandma's by myself since I always would have a handheld or my laptop keeping me entertained.

Least I got a ton of CDs in the car to listen to.

daveo42

Banned
The dub is pretty good. Also Dandy voicing Zapp.😆

Definitely would be a great fit for Toonami.

That's some pretty good casting there. I really hope this dub makes its way to Toonami.

Did anyone post the Funimation dub preview of Seraph of the End

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckzw95m2DE4&feature=youtu.be

Not nearly as hot on this one though. Dialogue delivery from Mika sounds way to stilted. There's probably a higher chance we will see this one over BBB only because it tends to be more "action-oriented" though that doesn't stop SAO from getting decent ratings.

Not nearly as hot on this one though. Dialogue delivery from Mika sounds way to stilted. There's probably a higher chance we will see this one over BBB only because it tends to be more "action-oriented" though that doesn't stop SAO from getting decent ratings.

I feel it's also a case of our two leads not being as comfortable with their child voices, the other decent thing about these broadcast dubs is that Funi plans to touch them up for the home video release when they get the final master copy from Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh it's been awhile and I forgot because of Jojo and HxH, but Gundam Build Fighters NEEDS to come to TOONAMI one day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even if Gundam started getting dubbed again, Toonami would never go for a show about pretend fighting over a show with actual war in it.

TOONAMI tends to go ratings first, quality second. GBF is the most quality modern product there is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah, G-Reco has no name value to it. None of the Gundam shows do except Wing in the US.

If the timing had been better maybe Gundam Unicron could have worked in their OVA phase.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Viewers would tune into Build Fighters, see middle schoolers fighting with plastic toys, and change the channel.

It's nowhere near the most juvenile show run on the block and most of those did well ratings rise.

Yes, it would have ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT on afternoon TOONAMI fifteen years ago.

LOLDSFAN

Finished up the last two shows I missed.

Final Act: InuYasha wins through the power of a girl's voice. Miroku sucks because he wants to die. Sesshomaru was a boss like usual. The kids are soooo going to get in the way. Rin is probably gonna be bait till the end.

IhFXILn.gif

One Piece. Zorro wins through the power of a girl's voice. This Luffy fight is really grinding my gears because it's taking so long. Robin enjoys the finer things in life, like the taste of asphalt.

nwTuyM7.gif

One Piece. Zorro wins through the power of a girl's voice. This Luffy fight is really grinding my gears because it's taking so long. Robin enjoys the finer things in life, like the taste of asphalt.

The Luffy fight just started at the end of the last episode. Luffy and Lucci were just fooling around before because the last shonen fight wasn't allowed to start until the other shonen fights were done.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Honestly,
as someone that adores Luffy vs. Lucci, it did run a little long. Though that's probably because I read it as it was coming out in the manga, and as many have stated, One Piece is better in big marathons than waiting week after week. Fishman Island is a lot better on marathon mode

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly,
as someone that adores Luffy vs. Lucci, it did run a little long. Though that's probably because I read it as it was coming out in the manga, and as many have stated, One Piece is better in big marathons than waiting week after week. Fishman Island is a lot better on marathon mode

It's like that for almost everything though, except Gurren Lagaan. You need that week break after Kamina gives his life for his bros and becomes one with the spiral, that shit's just too heavy without a break.

Crocodile

It's nowhere near the most juvenile show run on the block and most of those did well ratings rise.

Yes, it would have ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT on afternoon TOONAMI fifteen years ago.

Too bad it's the present and Toonami airs starting at midnight. Plus we know quality has never been the most important criteria for choosing shows.

Someone needs to turn this into "Your favorite ______ is SHIT"

Things that drag on the marathon:
The Sea Train
One-on-one fights
Zoro and Usopp vs. Kaku and Jabra in particular
Luffy vs. Lucci
CRAZYCRAZYRAINBOWSTARTWINKLETWINKLERAINBOWSTAR

Things that drag week to week:
The Sea Train
Invasion of Enies Lobby
The weekly check-in on Spandam beating up Robin
Luffy vs. Lucci

The only parts that felt like they dragged were the comedy stuff with zoro and usopp chained together, and the constsnt cutting back to robin being dragged. I'm okay with Luffy vs Lucci being long it feels appropriate for their battle to be big and epic

And GBF is most likely never coming to Toonami even if dubbed

if the term "Igavania" goes into common usage, I will go insane.

"Metroidvania" was already bad enough without completely scrubbing the game that actually did all the heavy lifting.

if the term "Igavania" goes into common usage, I will go insane.

"Metroidvania" was already bad enough without completely scrubbing the game that actually did all the heavy lifting.

He used the term igavania because he couldn't use metroid-vania for various reasons. Metriodvania is a great name the only better name would be "metroid-like" the way we call games "rogue-like" but metroid-like doesn't roll off the tongue the way metroidvania does

He used the term igavania because he couldn't use metroid-vania for various reasons. Metriodvania is a great name the only better name would be "metroid-like" the way we call games "rogue-like" but metroid-like doesn't roll off the tongue the way metroidvania does

I understand why he can't use it, but that doesn't mean we should also be using it. And Metroidvania is an absurdly clunky name that gives partial credit to a series that only adopted these concepts over a decade after the fact.

Raxus

Man, I have really been enjoying the Naruto spin off manga.

Kishi should stick to small scale conflicts. He does those wonderfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom