• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

From the SAO Lost Song thread

CE9BMG1UMAAsb5G.jpg:large

CE9BPnfUUAAggA9.jpg:large

NA release when?
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Jarate

Banned
Why isn't there a good Three Kingdoms anime.

Also, y'all should check out some of the Chinese shows based on the Three Kingdoms era. Some of them are really fucking good beyond the set design and the camera type. (Fuck digital cameras)

Soulflarz

Banned
I told Bass but I realized I should have just posted in here

So in chapel today at my Christian high school, two kids went up and talked about their song they composed called "Beautiful Angels Thesis" and played their duet on trombone+violin...

...you see, stealing NGEs opening and claiming you composed it doesn't work when an entire portion of the high school is weebs >_>

Jintor

So i had a weird dream involving ToonamiGAF. Most of it has faded but it was something like where we were all MST2King some kind of combination of Yamcha, Gohan and Chaotzu (he looked like Yamcha and Gohan but he was named Chaotzu?) who was just constantly getting the shit beaten out of him in the hopes of finding his dead mother.

I told Bass but I realized I should have just posted in here

So in chapel today at my Christian high school, two kids went up and talked about their song they composed called "Beautiful Angels Thesis" and played their duet on trombone+violin...

...you see, stealing NGEs opening and claiming you composed it doesn't work when an entire portion of the high school is weebs >_>

plz tell me you called them on that shit

Cruel Angel's Thesis is a common thing for Japanese brass bands to play for some reason

Jarate

Banned
So i had a weird dream involving ToonamiGAF. Most of it has faded but it was something like where we were all MST2King some kind of combination of Yamcha, Gohan and Chaotzu (he looked like Yamcha and Gohan but he was named Chaotzu?) who was just constantly getting the shit beaten out of him in the hopes of finding his dead mother.

Cruel Angel's Thesis is a common thing for Japanese brass bands to play for some reason

Was there anyone specifically in it?

Soulflarz

Banned

No, but I told those nearby me that they're completely stealing a song when they asked how I was able to hum the entire thing 2 seconds ahead. I mean, some of my friends (Who I wasn't sitting by, RIP) already knew the song.

So yeah, just not to their face.

I think it's stupid to say you composed it. Like it's one thing to cover a song and say it's a cover. It's obnoxious as hell to say you composed a song and then deliberately change the name by one word, probably if only because "Cruel" brings to light the fact that cruel angels thesis isn't exactly a chapel appropriate song name :V Doesn't make it right?

Also Jintor I was in your dream right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish MobileGAF took me directly to the newest post instead of the last page.

Or maybe I should get on my laptop...

Also turns out for some reason, my dad and sis are coming back tomorrow as well. Least I'll be back home in time for Toonami, but uugghhhh so many little kids....

Jarate

Banned
Menu Button --> Preferences --> Thread Arrows Go To [First Page, Last Page, *First Unread*]

Seda
the best pokemon

also, I much prefer the mobile version and found a way online to get the mobile version of gaf running on a non mobile device. would this be bad to do

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Menu Button --> Preferences --> Thread Arrows Go To [First Page, Last Page, *First Unread*]
Cool, thank you. I just got a smart phone (4.4.2 Android) about two weeks ago, so I'm still getting used to some features.

It's nice for checking on stuff, though not really for responding to stuff.

Jarate

Banned
Cool, thank you. I just got a smart phone (4.4.2 Android) about two weeks ago, so I'm still getting used to some features.

It's nice for checking on stuff, though not really for responding to stuff.

Mobile gaf is best gaf though

also, you'll learn to love it during commutes, and you'll end up posting sometimes too!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I do all of my TOONAMI posting on Mobile GAF. It's the best.

Weekdays too between about noon and 9pm, if I post, it's on mobile on my shitty podcast phone that doesn't even have a data plan.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I don't have 3G since I can only afford $20/month compared to $35 or more.

Sometimes I post, but it's just gonna take some time to get used to the phone's keyboard compared to the speed I can type on a laptop keyboard. It's not as bad if I hold the phone horizontally since it's more spread out.

now you can check gaf in the restroom

true freedom
But I could already do that with my laptop for years.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
S1 of Jojo on DVD is now $35 on Amazon to pre-order. Still holding out for a Blu-Ray version to really bring out those colors.

LOLDSFAN

Don't think my LG Tribute can get 5.0.

Edit: Or maybe it can & it's just not out yet? *shrugs*

Hm I've done some searching and it looks like there's no official support for it yet. One guy said it might be getting it later this year.

Also since it's a proprietary phone for Virgin, there's not a whole lot of community developer support. Doesn't even have a section in the XDA forum for it.

BUT there is a custom ROM that has 5.0 on it but I'm not sure how stable it is since it looks like there bits and pieces of information on how to get it from different places. Getting it rooted, installing a recovery, and putting the actual ROM on there looks complicated. So I guess the best bet is to wait it out.

Ah and Google I/O is in two weeks too so Lollipop might be outdated already lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, that would explain why I had no luck using the methods listed by others as to switch the default memory from internal to external/SD card. Sucks I can't make use of my 32GB Micro SD card, though least I got an app that helps install some of the memory of other apps onto the SD card.

I just got it because it was a decent value ($60) & to finally say I own a smart phone. Once I get more funds, maybe I'll upgrade to something better.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah $60 is great since you get to stay off contract and the phone is LTE.

Then when you have saved up you can get a Moto E or some other similarly priced low end phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom