• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.
ed9d7.png

71f49.png

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-r...-earns-adults-18-49-victory-nascar-star-race/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Joke's on you guys, I have no nostalgia for Sailor Moon!
Or DBZ for that matter.

It's pretty clear that Viz produces the worst dubs. Even Sentai has some personality.
Bring Girls Und Panzer to Toonami to prove this point.

Edit: Wow at that Final Act dip.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would like to think that even the regular audience is getting tired of this shit being drawn out in this fashion.

in terms of production of shows, this is the important parts of a good dub

1. Director - Most important by far
2. Dialogue could be shit
3. VA's

A good director can get a good performance out of a mediocre VA, and having good VA's work on shows with shit directors will produce shit VA performances

generally the localization can change some really bad dialogue, but there's honestly so much of a turd that you can polish

It's still kind of crazy how good Funimation's broadcast dubs have been so far. It tells a lot about how many talented directors and writers they have that can work under a tight schedule.

Grexeno

The Rangers are doing well so its a big thing in NYC. This is like the kid who can't spell somehow making it to the national spelling bee, so we're all pretty proud.
Well NYC alone can't explain those ratings.

Really it just looks like a random drop that we get a few times a year.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ouch, Inuyasha dropped hard.
Good thing this weekend is merely a marathon where the ratings won't matter.

daveo42

Banned
Actually surprised by that Inuyasha drop. I thought that was one show that still had a solid, dedicate fanbase. Ratings down across the board that weekend, so something else might be going on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Actually surprised by that Inuyasha drop. I thought that was one show that still had a solid, dedicate fanbase. Ratings down across the board that weekend, so something else might be going on.

The botched pacing might have finally soured the fan base.

Raxus

It also helps stuff is happening in Shippuden. The filler may be god awful but at least it wasn't putting me to sleep like it was previously.

LOLDSFAN

It's been dropping ever since the finale started on the 2nd.

ckohler

I feel like Kill la Kill was okay for a while, but it's starting to lose me.

The Raid Trip is probably the weakest part of the series. I consider there to be four parts to KLK:

Part 1: Honnouji Academy Clubs [1-7]
Part 2: Naturals Election [8-12]
Part 3: Raid Trip [13-18]
Part 4: (spoilers) [19-24]

From episode 17 on the show gets more interesting. However, don't expect a compelling narrative. This is a show that's more about fun character interactions than plot. If you like these characters, you'll likely enjoy the rest of the series.

We hit the peak a couple episodes ago and we are surely heading for a valley. The series has enough going on to keep you engaged but I just wanted to warn everyone that the next few weeks are going to make us lose our way pretty badly with one particular moment in the series that frustrates the hell out of me.

I assume you're referring to
edge lord Ryuko
?

Azure J

Currently watching the restream of the Toonami Pre-Flight on Adult Swim's website, they're going over the Soul Eater series. I didn't know the Toonami guys liked it as much as they did.

Hey guys, guess what I had for breakf-

*BANNED*

But seriously, those ratings aren't that bad. Did anything happen in the weekend? Maybe a game or a fight or something?

Line_HTX

I think a lot of people were out partying either for after graduation or for prom. I know last Saturday I went to a place with my friends and the restaurant was full of prom goers. That's more likely the reason for the ratings last Saturday.

Sucks that holiday weekends don't hold much better ratings.

I think a lot of people were out partying either for after graduation or for prom. I know last Saturday I went to a place with my friends and the restaurant was full of prom goers. That's more likely the reason for the ratings last Saturday.

Makes a lot of sense. Most of Toonami's audience has got to be college kids.

bigkrev

The schools in my area always do prom on a Thursday- because they know that everyone who goes is going to cut school on Friday anyways, and its a safer night than the weekend. I thought this was universal!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, I mean......

Did we ever get to see that scene air?
No, they cut the zoomed in part out. You even made a comparison video, as I recall.

As for Mako herself, I.....THINK so?

Edit: LOL NOPE it was removed from the episode. It was why people were confused as to why Mako had a nosebleed.

Well, today sucks. I'm sick as a dog and it's hotter than Lucifer's armpit outside.

How is everyone's day going?

Enjoy your ban :p

Hey guys.

The mod team as a whole, while not 'cracking down on it' is paying a little more mind to off topic chatter in community threads.

Some leniency towards game chatter is fine, but try to truncate extended conversations. Dubbed or shonen anime, English licensing, CN/AS, cartoons, and such are totally within the thread subject.

Talk about what one had for breakfast, how tough your finals are, etc, don't really belong. (Some comm. threads wish each other good morning / good night on a daily basis and we definitely aren't that far gone)

As I said before, this thread's post volume is mostly live reactions, but just a heads up.

srsly though get well soon

So anyone still think they're gonna announce InuYasha FA's replacement before momocon or with the event being 10 days away it being announced there (along with maybe klk's replacement) is a done deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom