• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

I think this is why Kill la Kill is doing nothing for me. Characters are always number one priority for me in works of fiction, and I just don't find any of the KlK cast to be endearing. They may be designed cool-ly (is this a word?), and be loud and in-your-face, but there's nothing there that gets at the old heartstrings.

Right? The only half way decent character is Mako and she can't carry a dull protag like Ryoko on her own and no one else is helping her.

Jarate

Banned
Right? The only half way decent character is Mako and she can't carry a dull protag like Ryoko on her own and no one else is helping her.

Mako, Satsuki, Nonon, Gamagori, and Makos family are all characters that I think are "good"

The issue with KLK is Ryuko and Senketsu are an awful pairing, and when the show focuses on them it starts to falter.

KLK reminds me of Naruto in that same way, where the main characters are the worse characters in the show

This Ninja Slayer dub. Amazin'.

I watched the first 2 epsiodes last night, and the show is awesome when it "takes itself seriously" and also when it goes full on Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I wouldve liked them to be seperated though, but it does make me long for a good battle show that doesnt take itself too seriously and doesnt try to fit in slice of life, the "serious" parts made me super nostalgaic for 90s action cartoons and anime.

I don't know, I really don't care for any particular character in KLK. The great VA's certainly help some of them stand out more than others, but there's no characters I'd call more than role players. They all fit their roles well, but no one is necessarily great. If I was watching this show for anything other than the fun action and the sawano soundtrack, I'd have dropped it by now.

Raxus

Man, fuck current Shippuden. The filler arc just finished and it just...ends. This is why everyone has grown to hate non-canon. They waste interesting premises and show how much they are padding out the story as time goes on.

Man-God! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAINING TO DO! Why do the non-canon gods forsake us?
I don't know, I really don't care for any particular character in KLK. The great VA's certainly help some of them stand out more than others, but there's no characters I'd call more than role players. They all fit their roles well, but no one is necessarily great. If I was watching this show for anything other than the fun action and the sawano soundtrack, I'd have dropped it by now.

I have grown to really like Satsuki and Mako. They really nail their performances and in some cases even surpass the OG VAs. I disagree that noone is necessarily great. They do great line reads and more or less excel at the content they are given thanks to good direction and script. Hell the new Takahata voice made the Road Trip arc 50% less painful than when it was subbed.

Moaradin

Man, fuck current Shippuden. The filler arc just finished and it just...ends. This is why everyone has grown to hate non-canon. They waste interesting premises and show how much they are padding out the story as time goes on.

Are you kidding me? They wasted all that time in the desert and they don't even finish the exams properly? I guess this filler really was for them to focus on the movies. Hopefully they make up for it when it goes back to canon. From what I understand there's a few big fights coming up.

Man, fuck current Shippuden. The filler arc just finished and it just...ends. This is why everyone has grown to hate non-canon. They waste interesting premises and show how much they are padding out the story as time goes on

Honestly would you rather them continue to have dragged that shit out? Or would you rather them bail out early to get back to canon?

I have grown to really like Satsuki and Mako. They really nail their performances and in some cases even surpass the OG VAs. I disagree that noone is necessarily great. They do great line reads and more or less excel at the content they are given thanks to good direction and script. Hell the new Takahata voice made the Road Trip arc 50% less painful than when it was subbed.

Besides Mako, I generally like all the characters as well. There's just no one that really steals the show for me, even if Satsuki's speeches are super hype. Maybe the second half might change it for me, since at this point in Gurren I didn't really think any of the characters were great until we got to the second half of that.

Takahata was pretty great though. That voice acting was incredible lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've never been that impressed with Satsuki but Ryuko is pretty neat. Especially with the her dub Pacman voice.

Also I am ashamed of this Shippuden Non-Canon™ arc currently airing, going by reports. It is the most fertile story area possible, given the most amount of time of any filler arc, and it is terrible and it can't even end properly.

I generally like all the characters in KLK, I feel they all do a good job of playing their role in the story and work well together to make a lot of great comedy scenes.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kekkai Sensen episode 5
Dont know how, but this is the best episode by far, loved everything about it really,
Its straight up the most hilarious so far aswell, and we got some romance blossoming(I think?) With another character or rather characters with a unique ability introduced.
And the ED continues to be just baller ass shit.

Edit: shit meant to post this in animegaf

foxuzamaki

Ive never heard anyone say the road trip arc was painful, Ive heard people say it was unnecessary, but people really enjoyed this arc.

ckohler

Ryuko is fine. She is a bit like Naruto, though. She flies off the handle too much and tends to yell everything. She basically has no filter. Unlike Naruto however, she has a brain.

I enjoy the rest of the cast. Even Senketsu has his moments.

Moaradin

Kekkai Sensen episode 5
Dont know how, but this is the best episode by far, loved everything about it really,
Its straight up the most hilarious so far aswell, and we got some romance blossoming(I think?) With another character or rather characters with a unique ability introduced.
And the ED continues to be just baller ass shit.

Edit: shit meant to post this in animegaf

Yeah that was a great episode. That show really surprises me how good the anime original content is and how much it adds to the show, considering it's Bones we're talking about here.

Moaradin

Ninja Slayer dub is great. I can tell Funimation has fun with that one. And is it me, or did they mention Infernal Cop? Don't remember that being in the sub.

foxuzamaki

I actually saw that Kekkai Sensen is already getting dubbed, and now im worried about the quality. Ive never seen a turn around for dubbing this fast, unless it was a simudub

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The latest naruto chapter.
omg
omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

F2s3ML7.gif

I actually saw that Kekkai Sensen is already getting dubbed, and now im worried about the quality. Ive never seen a turn around for dubbing this fast, unless it was a simudub

Maybe you should read the thread more, funimation has gone all in on simuldubs they're simuldubbing EVERY* show they licensed this season. Also all these simuldubs will get touched up for the blu ray/home release. Also Blood Blockade Battlefront has an excellent dub so far

*except rainy cocoa but who cares about that

Raxus

Yeah, the Blood Blockade Battlefront dub is pretty good. I'm still deciding on whether I should watch it subbed or dubbed.

Dubbed, you'll thank me later.

To watch it subbed means you will have to watch some episodes several times and not in the good way. There is so much info tossed on the screen that it gets to be subtitle overload.

Moaradin

The dub is great. I love the sub as well. I mean, half the voices are Gintama voice actors. The dub has the advantage of being able to fully appreciate the visuals though.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Episode 44

jTpBR9k.gif

I shouldn't be crying like this on my birthday. Why, Araki, why? :___:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Episode 45 Preview

35jksuw.gif

WRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY! IT'S TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom