• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

last year jason downplayed announcements at momocon as "minor" four days beforehand. dbz kai and intruder 2 were the only real announcements

ten days to go this year and no such downplaying

???

profit

dont take this totally seriously

So I don't know if it got posted here yet but someone is still dubbing OPs

Yu Gi Oh Arc V's dubbed opening

It's uhhh not very good, I'm just glad to see someone is still dubbing OPs because I generally really like English OPs.

last year jason downplayed announcements at momocon as "minor" four days beforehand. dbz kai and intruder 2 were the only real announcements

???

profit

Says announcements will be minor

Announces the biggest/most popular anime of all time is coming back to the block

Yep minor announcement right there

Says announcements will be minor

Announces the biggest/most popular anime of all time is coming back to the block

Yep minor announcement right there

Hunter x Hunter is replacing SAO and Jojo is replacing Inuyasha. Also, 2 episodes of One Piece a week instead of Naruto and one episode.

Enjoy your ban :p

srsly though get well soon

So anyone still think they're gonna announce InuYasha FA's replacement before momocon or with the event being 10 days away it being announced there (along with maybe klk's replacement) is a done deal?

Being banned would be the icing on the shit cake for a lousy day. lol

On-topic, #MyLoveStory for Toonami.

BELIEVE.

bigkrev

Had a day off and spent a lot of time dusting, cleaning, and re-organizing. Decided to re-sort my bookshelf, and started with all my religious books in one section
CFeU0Y1VEAAxo_o.jpg

Had a day off and spent a lot of time dusting, cleaning, and re-organizing. Decided to re-sort my bookshelf, and started with all my religious books in one section

I was like huh? And then I LOL'd

Also I have to say if any of you sub to Funimation (or I guess Crunchy but it's sub only there) and haven't checked out Yona of the Dawn it's truly fantastic. The newest dubbed episode that went up (22) was by far one of the most satisfying episodes of anime I've seen in quiet awhile. The dub in particular is outstanding and I feel sad that this show has slipped though so many people's cracks.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

???

profit

At the very least we should get the replacement for The Final Act.

This is a show that's more about fun character interactions than plot. If you like these characters, you'll likely enjoy the rest of the series.

I think this is why Kill la Kill is doing nothing for me. Characters are always number one priority for me in works of fiction, and I just don't find any of the KlK cast to be endearing. They may be designed cool-ly (is this a word?), and be loud and in-your-face, but there's nothing there that gets at the old heartstrings.

So I don't know if it got posted here yet but someone is still dubbing OPs

Yu Gi Oh Arc V's dubbed opening

It's uhhh not very good, I'm just glad to see someone is still dubbing OPs because I generally really like English OPs.
Did I take a nap and wake up in the late 90's/early 2000s? 4Kids may be gone but their spirit will apparently remain forever. Not that Believe x Believe is any better, but Generic Rap Song is just so much worse. At least put some effort into it like 5D'S amazing opening.

Was that before or after you chilled with your penguin?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
4kids were great at themes. One part of their game I would never throw shade on. The original YGO theme is amazing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I will forever hate the Pirate Rap. I can't even find it "so bad it's good".
It was instrumental in murdering One Piece in the West.

???

profit

I dunno, DBZ and Intruder 2 were pretty fuckin big. New announcements will probably be SMC (even though I'm hoping they'll air the uncut version older series)

Jintor

i'm beginning to think i should unfollow demarco on the tweeters. anything interesting inevitably gets posted here anyway

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, WB. They're cramming about EIGHT episodes of Jojo onto one DVD. Hell, from the back cover, all of Part 1 is on a single DVD.

Granted, probably no special features & such, but to have 8 or 9 episodes, both sub & dub on a single DVD makes me fear the actual quality is gonna look rather 480p-ish...

bigkrev

Holy crap, WB. They're cramming about EIGHT episodes of Jojo onto one DVD. Hell, from the back cover, all of Part 1 is on a single DVD.

Granted, probably no special features & such, but to have 8 or 9 episodes, both sub & dub on a single DVD makes me fear the actual quality is gonna look rather 480p-ish...

Its a DVD in 2015. If the customer cared about quality, they sure as hell wouldn't be buying a DVD over a Blu-ray or a digital copy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, I noticed that it's suppose to be a Dual-Layer DVD, so instead of the normal 4.7GB, it can hold about 8.5GB.

Still, I wanna know what's taking the Blu-Ray so long. Maybe we'll finally get an official announcement at Momocon or whatever is coming up. We still don't even know who the hell is voicing the characters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
in what world are the 7 episodes we watched (before last week) worth $90
Release Date: 6/30/2015
Japanese & English
16:9 widescreen
English and Spanish
Episodes 1-7
2 Blu-ray discs
175 min.
13 UP

Bonus Contents
★ Audio Commentary by
Creators and Japanese Cast
★ Special Animation
”Sword Art Offline II”
★ Original Web Previews
★ Textless Opening
Bonus Materials & Special Package
★ Original Soundtrack CD Vol.1
★ Exclusive Weiss Schwarz Collectible PR Card
★ 24-page Deluxe Booklet
★ Postcard Set
★ Package illustrated by abec (Original Character Design)
★ Clear BD Cases with 2-sided Wraps
*Bonus Contents & Materials Subject to Change
Cast (Japanese/English)
Kirito: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka / Bryce Papenbrook

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& yet for almost A THIRD of the price, you can get ALL 26 EPISODES/SEASON 1 OF JOJO on DVD.

"But all those bonus stuff!"

I don't want a damn postcard set or a "card", & I doubt I'd listen to the CD.

"But one's DVD & the other's Blu-Ray"

One has 26 episodes, the other has SEVEN, i.e almost 1/4th the amount.

Edit: Part of the damn problem with Aniplex & their LEs are the fact that the stuff you get isn't worth it, nor really all that interesting. & this is coming from someone who has gotten a decent amount of LEs or First-Print Editions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Release Date: 6/30/2015
Japanese & English
16:9 widescreen
English and Spanish
Episodes 1-7
2 Blu-ray discs
175 min.
13 UP

Bonus Contents
★ Audio Commentary by
Creators and Japanese Cast
★ Special Animation
”Sword Art Offline II”
★ Original Web Previews
★ Textless Opening
Bonus Materials & Special Package
★ Original Soundtrack CD Vol.1
★ Exclusive Weiss Schwarz Collectible PR Card
★ 24-page Deluxe Booklet
★ Postcard Set
★ Package illustrated by abec (Original Character Design)
★ Clear BD Cases with 2-sided Wraps
*Bonus Contents & Materials Subject to Change
Cast (Japanese/English)
Kirito: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka / Bryce Papenbrook

None of that is worth the cost and this is coming from someone that got the LOTREE special BluRay set.

bigkrev

Whats even worse about this shit Aniplex has been doing for years is that Atlus is now doing it with their 3DS games (include some useless junk and charge 10 dollars more for the game).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whats even worse about this shit Aniplex has been doing for years is that Atlus is now doing it with their 3DS games (include some useless junk and charge 10 dollars more for the game).
They'll also put their digital titles aggressively on sale six months or so later, usually bottoming out at 15 bucks or so.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They'll also put their digital titles aggressively on sale six months or so later, usually bottoming out at 15 bucks or so.
& they do it sooooooo many times. I've lost count how many times they've had a sale on PSN or the eShop. Feels like every other month, their games are discounted to the point you don't know why they don't just make them price drops & keep them there.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
None of that is worth the cost and this is coming from someone that got the LOTREE special BluRay set.

The LOTR EEs are maybe the best special editions out there.

The high price of these SAO discs is less offensive than the idea that someone would actually pay any money for the series in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom