• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassforever, you just gotta understand that Ping Pong the Animation is the best show we can imagine and that your poor taste blinds you from that

Let me know when they redo it with an art style that doesn't look like it was done by someone suffering from the shakes and I'll check it out. Heck I'd take a Toei version if they kept the story the same and made the animation mostly reaction shots and recycled animation.

Seda

I know my buddy has cable if Seda/Levyne can't host I can ask if he'd be willing to let a few people hang at his place. He doesn't have a car so that may actually be ideal, I just dunno if he has to do anything early Sunday. I'll talk to him when I see him tonight/tomorrow

Also my flight from Hartford is leaving on time, but my flight out of Bradley is delayed 45 minutes :'[ won't get to Atlanta till 11:05 now

My apartment is an option and we both have cars too. If we want to we can hang at my place on Saturday night.

Slight SAO II spoilers.
I learned that there's a number of upcoming scenes of Klein hanging out with Asuna and the rest of Kirito's "harem" in ALO. I looked up Klein's age. He's 25. He's a 25 year old man hanging out with a bunch of teenage girls. Am I the only one that finds this creepy?

Its not really a spoiler as its shown blatantly in the full opening.

Also I hope you realize the irony of this as you post on a board with people who range from 18-30s :p

My apartment is an option and we both have cars too. If we want to we can hang at my place on Saturday night.

Sweet! I'm down for sure!

Seda

I agree, I was kinda dissapointed with how fast Lust was sacked off in the manga.

I disagree. Enough of the antagonists already survive until the endgame and get knocked off one by one in a kinda boring fashion. Having an early exit for one mixes things up, even if just a little bit.

MikeMyers

It's not the fact that they killed someone off early, but the fact they killed my fav villain.

Did give us that hilarious GIF though.

I had no attachment to Lust over any other Homonculi when first reading the manga. When I got around to watching fma 03 I appreciated her extended role in the story and characterization she's easily the best part of fma 03. I can see how people who saw fma 03 first would be disappointed by her shorter, canon role in brotherhood/the manga but the vast amount of superior manga/brotherhood characters far outweight Lust in 03.

Zubz

Banned
Everyone immediately stop what you are doing and watch Kung Fury.

tumblr_miyygki3EJ1qgnsnbo1_250.gif

I'm planning on watching it with a group tomorrow night.

Safely in Atlanta, now if I can figure out this train/bus system called Marta. Missed the 11:20 train by 2 minutes because Atlanta airport is too big T_T

Ah, got it.
Yeah Marta bus isn't really any good.
Worried as in safety? The airport area is fairly safe AFAIK.
Unless you mean on his side? What part of town is he in?

I had to get off at the limbergh stop, take the bus for a few minutes, then make an unofficial stop and walk like 10 minutes. He live in an apartment in Arbor Grove.

The actual bus ride was fine (outside of not pulling the rope quickly and having to walk further -.-). The train ride was where I feared for my life, past midnight it seemed like all the crazies came on board.

You guys are only making this worse by discussing your plans. How much are last minute tickets to Atlanta? :<

Next year we gotta get more people to go! I'm not sure if my buddy will be living in Atlanta next year (he could be moved anywhere from LA to NY for his job) so next year I'd be looking for someone to join me to split a hotel.

I want more FMA. Send help.

I know that feel bro :(

There are the 4 ovas for brotherhood you can watch, and reading the manga for the bonus chapters and extra content is also worth your time. There were also 2 ps2 games localized with original stories.

Jarate

Banned
Seda, you need to force Bassforever to watch Ping Pong the Animation so he can get past his unnecessary hatred for Neogaf Anime of the Year Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom