• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Tune in to adultswim.com/preflight tomorrow at 6:30pm est to watch the Toonami Momocon panel LIVE. Don’t miss our exciting announcements!
t1433025000z1.png

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/toonami-pre-flight/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naraku does a ton of his best trolling off camera, like his bloodline curse of Miroku's family and the slaughter/corruption of any and all persons of great spiritual power that he comes across, mainly just because.

He also does it back when he was actually fairly weak, which is notable. He's got A LOT OF GAS LEFT IN THE TANK though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I'm almost done with Project X Zone.

What a frustratingly fun game. It's too long. It's too bloated. There's seemingly little consequences for anyone in the game; just make sure one or two of your teams who are special to the map don't get got and you'll win everytime. Just about every map follows the pattern of fight a bunch of dudes, then more dude show up and the witty chapter title shows up. The combat is addictive but also mindless.

The conversations though. Some real thought was put into this part of the game. Every possible combination has something good to say, and the pre, in media res, and post map conversations are also pleasant, if a bit wordy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I'm almost done with Project X Zone.

What a frustratingly fun game. It's too long. It's too bloated. There's seemingly little consequences for anyone in the game; just make sure one or two of your teams who are special to the map don't get got and you'll win everytime. Just about every map follows the pattern of fight a bunch of dudes, then more dude show up and the witty chapter title shows up. The combat is addictive but also mindless.

The conversations though. Some real thought was put into this part of the game. Every possible combination has something good to say, and the pre, in media res, and post map conversations are also pleasant, if a bit wordy.
I think I have to agree. As much as I enjoyed the game & are looking to the sequel, I can fully understand the complaints against it. It's a type of game that BEGS to be played in short bursts, i.e just do one chapter, then put it down, perhaps for a day, then come back. Considering Namco said the game much better than they expected here in the US & sold more than in Japan, I'm hoping they take the complaints to heart & pace the game better.

Also yeah, the pre & post battle conversations are great, especially when you mix & match certain characters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I have to agree. As much as I enjoyed the game & are looking to the sequel, I can fully understand the complaints against it. It's a type of game that BEGS to be played in short bursts, i.e just do one chapter, then put it down, perhaps for a day, then come back. Considering Namco said the game much better than they expected here in the US & sold more than in Japan, I'm hoping they take the complaints to heart & pace the game better.

Also yeah, the pre & post battle conversations are great, especially when you mix & match certain characters.

All the games using that gameplay engine are long winded and repetitive NxC, SRT OG EF, and PxZ all suffer the same problems

The hilarious thing is that people bring up the pacing each and every time they make a new game, and besides the transition from NxC to EF it has actually gotten worse each time. I don't believe their lies...but am going to play the sequel...when I can buy it for 10 bucks or so. PxZ has been aggressively price dropped over time. It took me 40 days to get this far though so I'm sure I'll get my value out of the sequel.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It traps you in with its insidious nature and you do want to see all of the specials/who they introduce next/what the next chapter name is.
Yeah, it does motivate you to keep going because you wanna see who else is in the game and what their attacks/specials are like. But then the game reaches a point where you've got everyone & you have already faced against 90% of the villains.

Probably one of the only games where I'd agree they could've cut some of the levels out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fight a villain, beat the crap out them. They walk away. See you in 3-5 chapters. You know you are near the end when some of the minor villains start EXPLODING instead of walking away.

The opening of the game is, however, thread relevant. (The song isn't good though.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep. I bought it for 10 dollars (because at 10 dollars, it's like its free!), and I hated the demo. Just wanted a game I was never going to play.

This is like half my "Retail" Vita library. My threshold is around 5...and tons of games come out at that price...or lower.

Raxus

We are mere hours away from Cross Ange coming to Toonami!

I'd pay to watch this and Future Diary with you guys just to see everyone's reactions

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, Future Diary would make for a great rewatch, especially dubbed (I've only seen sub & read the manga).

Also, now that people bring up the fact the 4th of July is on a Saturday, what are the chances we could see another marathon?

Oh god, Future Diary would make for a great rewatch, especially dubbed (I've only seen sub & read the manga).

Also, now that people bring up the fact the 4th of July is on a Saturday, what are the chances we could see another marathon?

That or a movie night for sure, probably dbz related. Maybe an SAO II marathon

Crocodile

If a Western animated show is announced tomorrow it'll be that or Wakfu

The Cannon Busters pilot is still in production. If LeSean Thomas had a deal in place to produce a full series already I feel we would have heard teasers and rumors about it. Plus I figure they wouldn't bother with the pilot and move into full production no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom