• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least it is gas-powered. The mower we have is electric and it lacks a drive system. It takes maybe 30mins to cut our smallish yard and you have to work around an extension cord. At this point it probably needs either a new blade or that blade needs sharpening.
I've been mowing for about an hour or so & STILL not done because of how big our yard is (back yard is just about done, but the other side of the front yard is unfinished). Doesn't help the mower my dad bought doesn't have the drive system nor starts via key but the annoying pull cord.

Though again, considering how much I have to walk while pushing, I consider it a good way to get some exercise.

ckohler

Push mowers!? Hank Hill is not impressed by you scrubs.

yayVSOD.jpg

daveo42

Banned
I've been mowing for about an hour or so & STILL not done because of how big our yard is (back yard is just about done, but the other side of the front yard is unfinished). Doesn't help the mower my dad bought doesn't have the drive system nor starts via key but the annoying pull cord.

Though again, considering how much I have to walk while pushing, I consider it a good way to get some exercise.

Our house sits on a tenth of an acre. Push mowers are good for the exercise though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It took nearly four hours but my N3DS XL finally has undergone its final transformation with a 128 GB Micro SD card. Not a moment too soon as I was around the 1 GB mark on my 64. Now I have over 500k blocks free and will probably hit the limit of questions before I need a 256!

Now I can spend time on making gifs!

BBboy20

Best selling console game
Apparently the PC version is shit.

The Witcher 3 ad, neat.
Witcher 3 will save next-gen.
I like that Witcher 3 ad. Time for the CEO.
I still have yet to beat 1 and I POed the 150 dollar version..

Well, they kept that in, I am stunned.
The censors must be bipolar or something.

:V

At least capcom called them out on twitter for their "biggest fighter" line lol
LOL they are?

She totally riffed Gendo's office, sans all the crosses
The KLK thread never pointed this out somehow.

YOU KNEW! YOU KNEW ALL ALONG! BAH GOD!
So, now that's gonna' be a meme?

You thought it was Renton, but it was I Ellwrecker, all along.
Yep, the accumulation of their years voicing together.

I just got a commercial for My Little Pony on Discovery Family (lolwut DISCOVERY?!?).

Well alright.
Discovery bought Hub.

I think thats moreso my issue with it. It's not so bad that I can sit through this season laughing my way through the entire thing.

Then again, I don't hate SAO. It just exists. It's like the COD of anime to me >.>
COD produces better stories then this.

I loved copying him in the WreslteMania 2000 game.

I love that theme.
One of my favs as well.

this reminds me of the Other M scene where Samus is freaked out by Ridley for some reason
Now I'm getting PTSD.

Oh come no, you were defending yourself FFS. THAT'S NOT MURDER
I wonder if Japanese people who killed out of defense also feel like leapers themselves.

why is he freaking out?

You can't have your protag be a god and then have him freak out like a bitch..

fuuuuck
Because this show thinks it can have it's cake and eat it.

HE WAS OUTNUMBERED WHY DIDN'T THE OTHER GUYS DO ANYTHING
IKR!?

Sinon Booty Shot Count: 9
Do any of those back shots count though? There didn't seem to be this episode.

So from what I understand, SAO is popular BECAUSE Kirito is an overpowered Sue, and is basically a wish fulfillment character for game playing Otaku that want to be like him.

This makes me ill.
Now what about those who is find enjoyment out of the show not because of the pandering? That's the real puzzling question. =S

That was honestly some of the worst anime I've ever seen

I could have read a book
All of this is based on books........

Pitch Perfect 2?!

I'm SO EXCITED

This is my EXCITED FACE

tqzgqegy6uo3.gif
LOL that gif sure has been going places recently.

1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

I'm back and I'm ready for this.

CP9 KO'd list so far:
Blueno (From the bar)
Fukuro (CHAPAPA)
Kumadori (YO YOI)
Kalifa (Dat's Haraasment)
Jabra (Hunted)
Wow, I never realized CP9 is almost finished.

SUPA!

Zoro getting serious now.
OMG somebody on the internet had that as an avy for years! Now I know who, where, and when it's from.

Well he still has to push it, just like you'd push pasta through a PASTA MACHINE!!!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo... I was just reading SAO's TVTropes page.
We are not ready for the second half.

Yeah second half when it comes to SAO II could mean like 3 different things. Second half of GGO arc, or second half of the show but there are two mini arcs during that portion and you could potentially reference either of them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah second half when it comes to SAO II could mean like 3 different things. Second half of GGO arc, or second half of the show but there are two mini arcs during that portion and you could potentially reference either of them.

What I read from TVTropes
Something called the Mother's Rosario arc. It deals with subject matter this series is nowhere near equipped to handle.

Moaradin

Something called the Mother's Rosario arc. It deals with subject matter this series is nowhere near equipped to handle.

That is actually the best SAO's ever been. Don't expect anything amazing but it's actually pretty decent, unlike the rest of the show. That arc does a few things well like (minor spoilers)
Asuna focus with very little Kirito, pretty decent action, and a pretty focused story with a good emotional core.
. Like I said, don't expect a masterpiece or something but for SAO standards, it's pretty good.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
wait

hold the FUCK on

you assholes are trying to tell me that SAO 2 gets worse than the extreme fuckery that was the end of the first season?

Im-fucking-possible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe we'll get an episode where it's Chapter 16.5 & episode 24 COMBINED.

With AAAALLLLL the girls!

Seda

wait

hold the FUCK on

you assholes are trying to tell me that SAO 2 gets worse than the extreme fuckery that was the end of the first season?

Im-fucking-possible.

famous last words

(note: not teasing, I'm in the dark as well)

Moaradin

wait

hold the FUCK on

Im-fucking-possible.

In terms of sheer amount of stupid shit that happens in the first season, this season has nothing on that. However, it's a lot more boring which is arguably worse in some cases.

If I did my math right, on the week after the KLK marathon, we're getting THAT episode of Kill la Kill and one of the worst episodes in SAO II BACK-TO-BACK.

bRa891K.jpg

Wait ckohler, i just remembered you posted a picture of the KlK bluray earlier in the thread. You actually bought an Aniplex release? Which one did you get? And how much was it?

ckohler

Wait ckohler, i just remembered you posted a picture of the KlK bluray earlier in the thread. You actually bought an Aniplex release? Which one did you get? And how much was it?

I got the special edition volume 1 and the regular editions for volumes 2-5. Each regular volume costs $40. Very pricy but I don't mind supporting this show. I've heard the entire dub now and got see the OAV episode. I'd seen the series subtitled a year before it aired on Toonami, so I wasn't really spoiling myself aside from the dub.

Dropped SAO II around the halfway point, and up until then, there was nothing as bad as the back half of season 1.

That being said, I wouldn't have dropped it if there was. The worst thing something can be isn't mind-numblingly awful, but boring.

I got the special edition volume 1 and the regular editions for volumes 2-5. Each regular volume costs $40. Very pricy but I don't mind supporting this show. I've heard the entire dub now and got see the OAV episode. I'd seen the series subtitled a year before it aired on Toonami, so I wasn't really spoiling myself aside from the dub.

Christ on a cracker more than 200 bucks for 25 episodes. You certainly are very dedicated.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 102

Picking up exactly where we left off from last week, we see Sailor Moon still in a great deal of peril but not for too long before the back up arrives and forces Kaolinte into retreat with a captured Tuxedo Mask and the sailor brooch in tow. It is time for another showdown at Tokyo Tower; seems to be a popular place for Sailor Moon villains to have their last stand. Anyway, in spite of the urgency and because this is a car ride Usagi and The Outers have another philosophy discussion on their wildly differing methodologies. While Hakura professes to still adhere to the principles of her mission at any cost we can see that the iron resolve is breaking somewhat and these two are actually acting like real heroes or at least being forced to by circumstances. At any rate, after a bit of comedy that actually works and is actually funny; this is stunning to me by the way and a true sign that this season is a cut above the rest, we the true battle between the guardians and Kaolinte and it is damn refreshing to have a battle that isn't relying on formula. The day is saved thank to or favorite battle couple actually growing as characters, well, mainly Hakura. Thus ends the first arc of Sailor Moon S as the Death Busters are getting to anoint a new field lieutenant and truly dark events are around the corner. Anyway, highest recommendation to watch and one of the best episodes of the season. .

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 102

Picking up exactly where we left off from last week, we see Sailor Moon still in a great deal of peril but not for too long before the back up arrives and forces Kaolinte into retreat with a captured Tuxedo Mask and the sailor brooch in tow. It is time for another showdown at Tokyo Tower; seems to be a popular place for Sailor Moon villains to have their last stand. Anyway, in spite of the urgency and because this is a car ride Usagi and The Outers have another philosophy discussion on their wildly differing methodologies. While Hakura professes to still adhere to the principles of her mission at any cost we can see that the iron resolve is breaking somewhat and these two are actually acting like real heroes or at least being forced to by circumstances. At any rate, after a bit of comedy that actually works and is actually funny; this is stunning to me by the way and a true sign that this season is a cut above the rest, we the true battle between the guardians and Kaolinte and it is damn refreshing to have a battle that isn't relying on formula. The day is saved thank to or favorite battle couple actually growing as characters, well, mainly Hakura. Thus ends the first arc of Sailor Moon S as the Death Busters are getting to anoint a new field lieutenant and truly dark events are around the corner. Anyway, highest recommendation to watch and one of the best episodes of the season. .

The worst thing about that arc is its attached to all the previous bs from the sao story line. If they were to summer wars it or if you saw it in a vacuum it'd be really good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So it's suppose to be a tribute of how they're a horrible person, are completely incompetent, abusive towards females who did nothing wrong, & flat-out unlikable?

UUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, okay then......

Or maybe it's his face, I don't know.

Jarate

Banned
Alright guys, I think I'm gonna start writing out a few comic ideas I've been mulling around and try to get a good artist to draw them

What would you be interested in more since I have 3 ideas

1. A comic loosely based around the album "Painkiller" by Judas Priest. This comic will be about a resistance group in a post apocalyptic america going up against a new oppressive government that has set up shop in Philadelphia. The story follows two "main" characters, the pain killer, a genetically modified super soldier who struggles with his incredible powers and how to use them, and the Leather Rebel, the leader of a resistance group and bastard son of the former oppressive king.

2. A comic about a group of bikers who must go to San Fransisco to go get some medicine. Also tales place in a pseudo post apocalypse, but anything east of the Mississippi river was unhit by radiation, but anything west of it was hit hard. The only city to survive was San Fransisco and the bikers generally want to go there for different reasons. One of the main characters who ends up joining the biker gang to lead him to San Fran hopes that they developed a cure for the radiation and that's why he wants to go. The Bikers will consist of 3 main fighters, a man with Popeye esque proportions whos body hair is stronger then steel, a fat man who can freely move his fat to any part of his body, and a biker with no as who has psychic abilities. The adventure will be a mixture of comedy and action in a similar vein to One Piece, but it will be a lot less "arc" based

3. A comic that's a retelling of The Epic of Gilgamesh. I've always felt like this story was the original shonen, but I haven't really seen a good adaption of it even though its so legendary. This comic will try to be faithful to the original, but will hopefully done in a very cartoony style.

4. A comic where a group of robots successfully create the first humans and have the humans take over. This will deal mostly with the idea of self worth, existence, and life as a genius robot scientist is one of the last of the original creations, and thus is immortal and one of the few robots left who don't have to live within the rules of the mother computer, a giant computer that acts as the world government.

5. A horror movie with a TWEEST ending, I can't really get into this one too much because it would deal heavily with cinematography and such, but basically follows a man who is seemingly going insane and talks to his psychologist about it while experiencing awful things in the real world.

6. A comic called battle of the bands that takes place in america of the future. Basically America gets bored of it's American Idol esque shows, and so they add in a twist, they will have a band music competition, and then to satiate the masses, they'll fight afterwards and whoever wins in a mixture of both will move on.

7. A comedy comic called "Gabe and the Gang" in which Gabe Newell, Bobby Kotick, Hideo Kojima, and Miyamoto will all share an apartment together in a parody of tv sitcoms.

SO GUYS I NEED GUIDANCE, WHAT SHOULD I START WORKING ON!

Raxus

Well axe 7 since that is all and all a terrible idea. The rest have something going for them. 5 seems kind of bare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom