• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, right. I figured he was at some convention or whatever. Was starting to hope we'd hear about the next replacement (Final Act is ending next, right?).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here we go:

Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 13th
Kill La Kill: August 1st
Sword Art Online II: September 12th
Attack On Titan: September 19th
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So yeah, 4 more episodes of Final Act if you count this upcoming Saturday.

Edit: Oh wait, Memorial Day. Think it's fixed now to commodate for the Kill la Kill marathon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I just remembered & fixed it. So still 4 episodes, but 5 weeks. Think we won't hear anything this month, I guess, unless it's a huge announcement like Sailor Moon.

Jarate

Banned
bg7lbzF.gif

We all know what should replace Final Act...

Having not see/read the finale of InuYasha/FA I'm going to make a wild assumption that the reason she didn't do the "sit boy" thing was that it wouldn't enable the set up for demon inuyasha to snap out of it to save the girl he loves.

snowmint

So One Piece will air that "war" arc on Toonami now that the DB franchise has been confirmed to go over 4+ years on Toonmai Adult Swim as well?

Zubz

Banned
The one true answer is Inferno Cop

If Gucci hadn't miraculously reminded me how perfect JoJo'd be for Toonami, I'd be all for Inferno Cop, unironically. Maybe it'd be a good "Fall Back Hour" show? Better than King Star King, at least. I didn't have to be here to know that didn't go well.

Squishy3

CBzcDDr.gif

iSi8cRy6Is9KE.gif

Trigger animation at its greatest.

If Gucci hadn't miraculously reminded me how perfect JoJo'd be for Toonami, I'd be all for Inferno Cop, unironically. Maybe it'd be a good "Fall Back Hour" show? Better than King Star King, at least. I didn't have to be here to know that didn't go well.
It'd be done quickly, at the very least.

Yeah, Jojo's would be a good fit, but I don't know how good ratings would be. I just hope to God that test dub was for evaluating the entirety of the series and not just Part 3 though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Inferno Cop really isn't that different from Aqua Teen Hunger Force or any of their other cheap 11 minute cartoons.
Same surreal animation and humor.

Raxus

One of the best things about Inferno Cop is how they utilize its cheapness to enhance the humour.

I am pretty sure the whole series is voiced by one or two voice actors too.

Ninja Slayer is shaking up to be pretty good as well. I love the gif of the cops us making the rounds.

Crocodile

One of the best things about Inferno Cop is how they utilize its cheapness to enhance the humour.

I am pretty sure the whole series is voiced by one or two voice actors too.

Ninja Slayer is shaking up to be pretty good as well. I love the gif of the cops us making the rounds.

I would have liked Ninja Slayer more if it was a "real" show so to speak. I feel like its been forever since we've had some sweet, legit Ninja action and not the silliness that Naruto often passes for.

Puruzi

Banned
I would have liked Ninja Slayer more if it was a "real" show so to speak. I feel like its been forever since we've had some sweet, legit Ninja action and not the silliness that Naruto often passes for.
A real series is coming out in 2016 iirc, actual animation, 26 min episodes

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They made an anime based on that summon from Final Fantasy?

Also DIGIMON TRI. TRAILER WITH SUBTITLES.

Edit: Wow, I was unaware of the original Japanese names, but they did a rather good job back then translating them or being close to the original names (Izumi = Izzy). For early 2000s, that's kind of surprising.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
is digimon good
I enjoyed the first two seasons as a kid. Season 3 was a bit more serious at times, and I think that's when I was starting to lose interest, but I'd say it was still alright. I barely recall season 4 (like, I think it was just 4 kids, but that's all I remember) and stopped following since then.

...though growing up, anyone I know that was a fan only watched the show, but didn't play the games. Probably because they were on PS1 and they had Nintendo or Sega.

daveo42

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom