• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Digimon news is pretty weird considering how early it was teased. I haven't kept up with it but wasn't it at one point going to be a series that aired during the spring season? Now it's not releasing until November and it's officially a 6 part OVA.
They did the same thing with Sailor Moon Crystal. Big hyping followed by delays, delays and more delays before resulting in a poorly animated streaming show that released every other week.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Viz has very rarely put out a sub-only release. Also wonder if anyone from the test dub will be changed.

CRISPIN FREEMAN AS DIO, MAKE IT HAPPEN

The test dub already cast Patrick Seitz. He'll probably stay that voice.

LOLDSFAN

did anyone do a dio joke with nui last week

Yes.

*edit*

Quick search brought up this.

90aY8QH.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I call dibs on the following joke:

"YOU THOUGHT SAILOR MOON WOULD BE REPLACING KILL LA KILL, BUT IT WAS ME, DIO!!"

so.

theoretically.

if a podcast had to come up with ideas for their memorial day episode since Toonami is airing a marathon, and they chose to review some garbage animated movies.

what would you suggest?

theoretically.

Seda

so.

theoretically.

if a podcast had to come up with ideas for their memorial day episode since Toonami is airing a marathon, and they chose to review some garbage animated movies.

what would you suggest?

theoretically.

review a pokemon movie

Are there actually people that unironically enjoy Fairy Tail? How?

I enjoy it as a dumb action shonen with fan service. Its basically lays potato chips or popcorn, doesn't really satisfy you but easy to get lost munching even if you get little out of it.

I still have to catch up in OP before I even think about starting another long shonen. And I also still have Gintama to watch.

And even then I hear Fairy Tail is not good.

Fairy Tale is too long for me to risk starting.

I'd just wait for it to air on Toonami in a few years

I still have to catch up in OP before I even think about starting another long shonen.

And even then I hear Fairy Tail is not good.

There is nothing bad about Fairy Tail as long as you're not averse to fan service. Really the biggest sin it commits is being too reliant on the same cliche shonen beats for every arc. There is nothing wrong with power of friendship in believing in your allies in a shonen fight series to power up a character to help them win a fight with or without a power up, Fairy Tail pulls this card for almost every fight in every arc.

In terms of my enjoyment I'd say it's more consistent then Bleach or Naruto which both have arcs that even hardcore fans think are bad. I can't really think of any arcs in Fairy Tail that I'd consider bad they're all decently good in the same bland vanilla way all FT arcs are.

There is nothing bad about Fairy Tail as long as you're not averse to fan service. Really the biggest sin it commits is being too reliant on the same cliche shonen beats for every arc. There is nothing wrong with power of friendship in believing in your allies in a shonen fight series to power up a character to help them win a fight with or without a power up, Fairy Tail pulls this card for almost every fight in every arc.

In terms of my enjoyment I'd say it's more consistent then Bleach or Naruto which both have arcs that even hardcore fans think are bad. I can't really think of any arcs in Fairy Tail that I'd consider bad they're all decently good in the same bland vanilla way all FT arcs are.

Admittedly, its probably something I would have enjoyed a few years back when I marathoned the shit out of Naruto and Bleach, but I kind of need more from my anime now. One Piece fills the shonen niche perfectly enough, but i might give FT a shot somewhere down the line.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still sort of disappointed that:

1. Naruto and especially Shippuden has a decent track record with non-canon episodes.
2. They chose the fertile story ground of how everyone else became Chunin

and yet it is apparently nearly unwatchable. It seems the easiest thing in the world to write.

Jintor

Yo you guys seen this mad ether?

You live your entire life as a criminal in a desert. The only companionship you have a talking cat. One day, desperate for something of worth in your dirt-ridden existence, you try to rob a teenage girl, a pig, and a small boy. The small boy kicks your teeth out after seeing a girl makes you bashful and embarrassed, and peeping a titty makes you pass out.

When confronted with the possibility of having any wish granted by a magical dragon, your wish would be "I don't want to drop spaghetti while looking at a lady"

You then spend days creeping on these folks, watching for a way to achieve this lofty goal, you are forced to hit a little girl (one of your few [only?] victories) and then hit on her.

Eventually you are captured and saved only when the little kid turns into a giant monkey. The pig does more than you to save the day.

But it's okay, right? You finally got a girlfriend. Well, kind of. You don't really see each other that often.

You decide to show the world your stuff and enter into the Tenkaichi Budokai, the greatest martial arts tournament of all time. You are immediately eliminated in the quarter finals by an old man nobody's heard of before. You embarrass and humiliate yourself by insisting that it's a different old man in disguise before being proven a fool.

The next time you hear from Goku, he's taking on terrorist Nazis or some crazy shit. So you gear up to raid the Hydra base and... you're not needed at all. You get a sinking feeling in your heart, like this won't be getting old soon.

You help Goku fight the fortune teller's fighters. An invisible man beats you up and you barely win when your girlfriend's boobs are gawked at by an old man. You are then beaten up by a mummy... (con't)

EmCeeGramr just killed Yamcha then revived him with the dragon balls then killed him again. I actually feel bad for a fictional character right now.

bigkrev

EmCee must have finally hit his boiling point with the Giant Bomb thread and had to spit hot fire on something

God DAMN he went hard

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He did leave out that he was a rich pro baseball player, but that probably got screwed up by getting blown the hell up.

Zubz

Banned
Also, thanks to JoJo, Toonami has been redeemed! I don't even know of what; getting a JoJo dub later this Summer is basically "Get out of a wall-bangingly bad decision FREE" card for me.

The only way for Toonami to make a real bad decision is to put something extremely boring in there. A bad show would still be funny to watch.

So when's Sword Art 3 supposed to come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom