• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
The only way for Toonami to make a real bad decision is to put something extremely boring in there. A bad show would still be funny to watch.

So when's Sword Art 3 supposed to come out?

Again, I'm, like, 97% serious that Inferno Cop should play on Toonami. They just need 1-2 guys to dub it, just like the original. And, of course,
the final episode has to air uncut.

I'm not even sarcastic when I say it's the best Trigger show.

Lol, no argument there.........

Well uh, the new Broadcast Dubs from FUNimation will be Blood Blockade Battlefront & Seraph of the End.

Any of those shows good? (I know about BBB's ending song.) Blood Blockade kind of sounds like Baccano!

Moaradin

Well uh, the new Broadcast Dubs from FUNimation will be Blood Blockade Battlefront & Seraph of the End.

Any of those shows good? (I know about BBB's ending song.) Blood Blockade kind of sounds like Baccano!

BBB is fantastic. So glad they chose that show too. So much goes on visually that it's hard to catch everything with subtitles. Seraph of the End is straight up Attack on Titan with vampires.

Imagine Blue Exorcist mixed with Attack on Titan

It's the kind of dumb dumb dumb shonen shit that will be fun to watch on Toonami next year.

Also glad I put BBB on hold glad to see the dub is already coming

If that's true I really need to catch this dubbed. Baccano! was fantastic and that voice acting was god like.

Come to think of it Baccano! would be great for Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Baccano! bombed on Adult Swim
You're thinking of Durarara.

Also, uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

QMOAVCx.png

6TrZQpN.png

My only guess is it's being directly released by Warner, which would be....kind of odd. But then again, Viz was named "Master Merchandise Licensee" for MERCHANDISE of the anime, not the anime itself.

You're thinking of Durarara.

Also, uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

1) They're keeping coy about it/can't officially confirm it and soon they'll go from "we don't have it" to "we have it"

2) Someone not funi/viz/ani/sentai licensed it, is planning to sub only release

3) Funi/Ani/Sentai licensed it, can't officially announce it yet/waiting to announce it

Going to go with option 2 :\

Incoming sub-only Warner Brothers release.

Only hope is that SOMEONE did the test dub last year, and it's not like the pool of VA that Viz draws from is exclusive to them alone

Moaradin

At least JoJo seems to be getting released over here in one way or another. Meanwhile, Hunter is still in licensing limbo -_-

Seda

cn/[as] is a part of the warner conglomerate

cn studios or turner broadcasting are dubbing it directly, clearly

i don't know what I am talking about

Crocodile

Is Fairy Tail even worth watching?

I've seen a little bit of it and my impression was that it was thoroughly mediocre. Others impressions in here seems to support that. Toonami has enough thoroughly mediocre shows on it. The criteria for a new show shouldn't be "can I watch this without hating myself" but rather "is this show actually good".

The karaoke scene? That was fantastic.

Yeah that's what I mean

If you don't know what I'm talking about SigmasonicX then you probably haven't gotten to it yet. Also if you feel nothing once you get to that point, after getting to know the cast a bit, you might have to turn in your "humanity card".

Ping Pong has the best ending of any anime series I've seen other then Space Dandy

Watch the rest

I dunno if I'd rank it in my Top X Anime Endings of All Time but it IS very good and it goes in a direction you don't expect which makes it better.

Moaradin

Yeah that's what I mean

If you don't know what I'm talking about SigmasonicX then you probably haven't gotten to it yet. Also if you feel nothing once you get to that point, after getting to know the cast a bit, you might have to turn in your "humanity card".

I dunno if I'd rank it in my Top X Anime Endings of All Time but it IS very good and it goes in a direction you don't expect which makes it better.

Really interested to see how Funimation translates this series to English. One of the great things about Wenge is that he actually spoke authentic Chinese in the show. I really hope that doesn't get lost in the translation. It shouldn't be too hard getting American-Chinese voice actors over here.

Oh man guys, per the Bleach spoilers, they're bringing back one of the Toonami faithful favorites this issue:)

Is it Tsukishima? I love that guy! I remember when Tsukishima helped us establish ToonamiGAF. Yup, he was the one who first started the original April Fools thread. And remember the time he watched and reviewed every single episode of Naruto filler? Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom