• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Work almost this entire weekend then finals on Monday and Tuesday

original.gif

Good thing I don't have finals on Monday. I got Texas Showdown this weekend to go to for dat Tekken 7. Going to try out that sassy Katarina and that Quincy Claudio.

Buff Lili

Zubz

Banned
On the topic of JoJo, Richard Epcar is going to be at Anime Central next week. Seems like a perfect time to officially announce the JoJo dub.

That'd be nice! Personally, he was perfect as Old Joseph in the test dub; I had no complaints with the voice actors they picked, with the only suggestion I could make being about DIO's lack of accent. Granted, if we're really starting from Part 1, none of that's gonna matter for awhile.

That'd be nice! Personally, he was perfect as Old Joseph in the Test Dub; other than DIO not sounding British enough, I really had no complaints with the voice actors they picked. Granted, if we're really starting from Part 1, none of that's gonna matter for awhile.

Sub only for part 1 and 2, dub of 3 happening

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That'd be nice! Personally, he was perfect as Old Joseph in the test dub; I had no complaints with the voice actors they picked, with the only suggestion I could make being about DIO's lack of accent. Granted, if we're really starting from Part 1, none of that's gonna matter for awhile.
Yeah, the voices themselves were fine (well Avdol's was a bit weird, but it wasn't bad, just a bit mismatched) and I dug how the guy who voiced Batsu from GitS and BO-BOBO was chosen for Old Joseph, so you know he'll have fun with the sillier moments in the series.

Also yes, despite having some great voices in Part 2's sub, I still wouldn't mind it getting a (hopefully good) dub. I'm sure it won't top the sub, but if the voices are right, I totally wouldn't mind watching S1 a third time.

Jarate

Banned
Season 1 (which includes part 2) was the listed product under the amazon leak

Part 2 is much more popular in America then it is in Japan, so I doubt you'd see them skip it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also noticed the publisher is Warner, which again handles the video releases of Viz's stuff.

& now that I think about it, I wonder if they'll use the names that the Crunchyroll subs had.

Part 1 is okay but it's only really good for setup, Dio memes, Speedwagon, and Zeppeli's hat.

Also worth noting that listings for sub-only have been changed in the past following a dub announcement.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Part 1 is easily one of the weaker parts of Jojo. Not BAD, mind you, it's more worth watching for the setup, but it's not as memorable compared to future parts. Part 2 (& some others) is when things truly get "bizarre".

wwm0nkey

Yeah, Part 1 is easily one of the weaker parts of Jojo. Not BAD, mind you, it's more worth watching for the setup, but it's not as memorable compared to future parts. Part 2 (& some others) is when things truly get "bizarre".

Part 4 is still my personal favorite. Part 7 is god like though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Parts 2 & 4 are probably my favorites because they feel like evolved, more realized forms of their previous parts (1 & 3), i.e the hamon and stands were introduced, then the following parts flesh them out so much more, living up to the "bizarre adventure" in the title. Edit: wwm0nkey's statement above as well.

I won't say anything else about Part 4 (aside from it's slightly longer than Part 3, so it'll probably get split into 2 seasons as well) since I'm sure it'll get animated in 2016 once Part 3 is finished.

wwm0nkey

Parts 2 & 4 are probably my favorites because they feel like evolved, more realized forms of their previous parts (1 & 3), i.e the hamon and stands were introduced, then the following parts flesh them out so much more, living up to the "bizarre adventure" in the title. Edit: wwm0nkey's statement above as well.

I won't say anything else about Part 4 (aside from it's slightly longer than Part 3, so it'll probably get split into 2 seasons as well) since I'm sure it'll get animated in 2016 once Part 3 is finished.

Would be cool to see it for the Fall 2015 season

Grexeno

If you're going to license JoJo for a physical release, there's really no logical reason NOT to do a dub. The only remote possibility is that they plan to dub Part 3 and not 1 & 2.

daveo42

Banned
Thus far part 2 has been my favorite because of Joseph Joestar and his endless shenanigans. Part 3 has had some really really good stuff with some stands and has some hilarious troll-worthy episodes.

Unlike part 3 I know next to nothing about part 4 so I look forward going into it blind.

I've known next to nothing about any of the parts, so I've been blind this entire time. I'm glad that I didn't have any real prior knowledge of the manga or show. It's been quite enjoyable, including some of the stuff even from part 1. Like
the whole vampire bit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So yeah, Splatoon is awesome.
A shame my internet is garbage and it died on me. Probably from too much of it... fuck Uverse.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I might try it tomorrow, but I'm not in the mood now & my internet was getting rather slow for some reason (I blame dad's gf's kids spending the night & using the internet).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to get up in seven hours and play more Splatoon. Considering I've got nothing else planned in the early morning I might as well deploy gifs as well.

daveo42

Banned
So yeah, Splatoon is awesome.
A shame my internet is garbage and it died on me. Probably from too much of it... fuck Uverse.

I was going to try it, but it seems like their test server is undergoing maintenance right now. I'll probably try again tomorrow afternoon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I was going to try it, but it seems like their test server is undergoing maintenance right now. I'll probably try again tomorrow afternoon.

It only goes up at certain times. Next time is tomorrow at 7-8AM EST, and 3-4PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom