• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
It only goes up at certain times. Next time is tomorrow at 7-8AM EST, and 3-4PM EST.

That...that sounds really dumb. Are they only really doing stress testing on their servers and is the reason why the up time is only during certain hours? I haven't been following any of the Splatoon news closely and only found out about the demo on Thursday, so I might be a little out of the loop.

That...that sounds really dumb. Are they only really doing stress testing on their servers and is the reason why the up time is only during certain hours? I haven't been following any of the Splatoon news closely and only found out about the demo on Thursday, so I might be a little out of the loop.
This whole thing is a stress test man

Jarate

Banned
gotta stress test a game
that will probably sell like shit

does the game seem like it will have legs to its multiplayer?

Good thing I don't have finals on Monday. I got Texas Showdown this weekend to go to for dat Tekken 7. Going to try out that sassy Katarina and that Quincy Claudio.

Buff Lili

Can't wait till im done with finals. Gonna drink right then and not stop until my grades show up on my transcript.

Or I might just save it for next Saturday/Sunday during Toonami/Wrestling PPV

Regiruler

gotta stress test a game

It'll have legs regardless given that some of the stuff that was unfinished for launch is going to be free DLC later.

gotta stress test a game

The question is what are nintendo's expectations for a new ip on wiiu. Nintendo games generally have amazing legs even if they aren't in the top 10 every month on npd. I imagine if Splatoon sells 1 million world wide Nintendo will consider that a huge success.

bigkrev

The question is what are nintendo's expectations for a new ip on wiiu. Nintendo games generally have amazing legs even if they aren't in the top 10 every month on npd. I imagine if Splatoon sells 1 million world wide Nintendo will consider that a huge success.

They should be fucking ecstatic if it sells half of that number.

Weird, neither One Piece nor DBZ Kai was listed as a returning series on Adult Swim's Upfront.

Yet......Dandy was.

Are these errors?

(Not to mention, I don't see an episode for Kai or One Piece on 5/30, including the one at 8PM)

#Speculation

Grexeno

Weird, neither One Piece nor DBZ Kai was listed as a returning series on Adult Swim's Upfront.

Yet......Dandy was.

Are these errors?

(Not to mention, I don't see an episode for Kai or One Piece on 5/30, including the one at 8PM)

#Speculation
They've just thrown random stuff on there like usual.

Okay, I must be an idiot looking at the site, can someone give me a link to where it livestreams tonight? I have my account info from my cable provider

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2FKZOGk.png

LOL IT'S DVD AND SUB-ONLY. NO BLU-RAY OR DUB.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Well people didn't like the test dub so NO DUBS, SUB ONLY.

................also we spent all the money on getting the names correct in the subtitles and keeping Roundabout so NO BLU-RAY EITHER."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But I wanted to hear *insert English VA here* do impressions of *insert other English VAs here* when they do the "Your next line will be..." quotes!

it's maybe possible they're required to release these two so they just farted out this release so they could jump to the one they know people care about

JoJo is doomed

If they really are just going to dub Part III
and not make that sub-only too
, I hope they add "Part III" to the title to further confuse new viewers.

daveo42

Banned
Note that this is only Parts 1 & 2, not Part 3.

Wondering how well it'll do if we start at Part 3 on Toonami though. I mean, I guess One Piece did it by starting in the middle of the show and is doing okay, but I'm not sure it'll work the same with JoJo.

Edit: Yes, I get that each arc is self-contained, but it Parts 1 & 2 do tie in quite a bit with Part 3.

Grexeno

Wondering how well it'll do if we start at Part 3 on Toonami though. I mean, I guess One Piece did it by starting in the middle of the show and is doing okay, but I'm not sure it'll work the same with JoJo.
Part 3 basically tells you all you need to know about Parts 1 and 2 to know what's happening in Part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom