• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
4ZsmBKU.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, like Sword Art Online & Fairy Tail.

....also something called "Ore no Imōto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai"???? lol what a long name

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Better quality version of last night's sketch dump. Would be nice if Miiverse posted Pixel-perfect by default... but glad it lets me save to an SD card at least.

BTW Line_HTX, I know you've been talkin' about Tekken 7 since last year, is it everything you wanted? I've had fun playing A Certain Narcoleptic Vampire...

cntr

Banned
ARMS kind of reminds me of Overwatch, in terms of cast. Except even sillier in that Nintendo way.

If the game's good and they play their cards right, definitely gonna be a big thing.

I kinda wanna get a Switch just so I can play ARMS.

I hear it's not a very complicated fighting game, and that's rad.

It is pretty rad. :p I've been enjoying the Testpunch sessions and it has made me want to get the game. It's one of those games that simple to play and get into, but there's enough depth and strategy involved to allow people to be competitive and be more focused on the overall meta.

I'm usually not into the competitive scene for most games, but I still enjoy playing competitively and for fun at times. It's how I played Smash for Wii U a lot of time: mostly for fun, but competitive matches were always something I played every once in a while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd probably be up for a HxH marathon.

......actually, I just realized, HxH got the 4th of July weekend marathon last year as well.

cntr

Banned
HxH meta-spoilers:
I just realized not only are we going to get SAO and Yu-Gi-Oh jokes next arc, but we're also going to get a good IBO joke.

So it just came over the wire that Hunter x Hunter is getting the July 4 marathon.
Nice!

Poor Genny.
FE_Echoes_Genny.png

I killed her only Support in the game...

It's like I killed her only friend.

Makes me wish more characters had more supports in general since most of them are done well, even if they're done in the old style and are most of them are the typical "How are you doing on the battlefield today?" kind of thing.

Raxus

It's really easy to watch AoT online, while the HxH dub is only available on Toonami.

Plus, it promotes the series and lets people catch up if they missed any of Yorknew.

Either would have good picks since they both cover major events in their respective arcs.

I am glad we got HxH though. I expect AoT to be the next marathon (if it makes it in time)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of hope the next marathon we get is Lupin, considering enough episodes will have aired before Labor Day weekend.

I kind of hope the next marathon we get is Lupin, considering enough episodes will have aired before Labor Day weekend.

Watch it be Tokyo Ghoul instead. :p

I can see it being

Labor Day --> Tokyo Ghoul
Halloween --> Lupin III
Christmas --> AOT's Replacement (Mob Psycho?)
New Years -> Dragon Ball Super

So in Fire Emblem Echoes, my band of handsome dudes and sexy ladies keep referring to this dark god worshiping group as a cult. Here's the thing tho. That group worships an actual god, who exists, and said god grants them magical powers for their worship...

That's not a cult. That's an actual religion right there. Especially since I can actually touch said physical god, and said god could probably grant me force lightning.

Makes me wish more characters had more supports in general since most of them are done well, even if they're done in the old style and are most of them are the typical "How are you doing on the battlefield today?" kind of thing.

The writing in the support conversations is pretty snappy and enjoyable. Standouts so far are Python and Clair.

Chase17

So in Fire Emblem Echoes, my band of handsome dudes and sexy ladies keep referring to this dark god worshiping group as a cult. Here's the thing tho. That group worships an actual god, who exists, and said god grants them magical powers for their worship...

That's not a cult. That's an actual religion right there. Especially since I can actually touch said physical god, and said god could probably grant me force lightning.

The writing in the support conversations is pretty snappy and enjoyable. Standouts so far are Python and Clair.
I think the cultists are people who just worship a little too hard. Like the people who sell their soul for power. Darn Duma enthusiasts.

They are also apparently responsible for food and all that being able to grow.

Vague end game spoilers
The game ends on a downer note out of nowhere, it's pretty funny.

I feel like the season kind of peaks around here. Not that the episodes after are bad, but the pacing swings slower.
Yeah it slows down for an episode or two. I think the latest was one of my favorite episodes of the season though.

So the ending of Sonic Generations has talky future Sonic telling silent past Sonic his future is gonna be great.

Why would future Sonic do past Sonic dirty like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom