• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in Fire Emblem Echoes, my band of handsome dudes and sexy ladies keep referring to this dark god worshiping group as a cult. Here's the thing tho. That group worships an actual god, who exists, and said god grants them magical powers for their worship...

That's not a cult. That's an actual religion right there. Especially since I can actually touch said physical god, and said god could probably grant me force lightning.

The writing in the support conversations is pretty snappy and enjoyable. Standouts so far are Python and Clair.

Yeah, the support conversations are really good still and enjoyable. I'll agree with that and it helps the cast is better than the past FEs (Fates trilogy and Awakening).

Regiruler

So in Fire Emblem Echoes, my band of handsome dudes and sexy ladies keep referring to this dark god worshiping group as a cult. Here's the thing tho. That group worships an actual god, who exists, and said god grants them magical powers for their worship...

That's not a cult. That's an actual religion right there. Especially since I can actually touch said physical god, and said god could probably grant me force lightning.
Cult is an appropriate definition for a religion centered on an evil deity.

cntr

Banned
The word cult is pretty subjective and complicated, but it's just a shorthand for "excessive worship" nowadays.

also it'd make sense for them to call it a cult either way, since it's been used as an insult against religions and sects people don't like for a long time

the FE guys happen to have a better reason than most

cntr

Banned
imagezgxrm.jpg

Regiruler

well, cult did used to mean worship in general

That is a fair enough point. Cult comes from Cultivation, so it's pretty easy to see the etymology. It probably got its connotations later, which always tends to happen with words with a ton of synonyms (there's a ton of different words to mean "religion" so it's inevitable that at least one of them became "evil religion").

Regiruler

I'm mad but for the complete opposite reasons. I don't care about mainline pokemon games or the worshipping of the Nintendo Switch.

It's a really weird feeling and honestly it's really distracting right now when I'm at work.

Ultra what?!

*Googles*

Oh the direct thing....this is stupid and a missed opportunity for the switch. but its probably the 3DS's last pokemon game so I'll tolerate it. also the title sounds like a SF2 meme addition to a title (SUPER ULTRA POKEMON SUN AND MOON TURBO HD REMIX & KNUCKLES!!).

Bet Sun and Moon buyers are cheesed.

Pokemon's always been a primarily handheld game, so I don't know what people were expecting. The Switch isn't really a handheld in the same way, and more people own a 3DS.

Isn't it a B2W2-style sequel, not a remake?

True but if so does that mean the 3DS is sticking around just to pump out pokemon titles? it has to switch (lol) to the Swtich eventually.

from what I read it just sounded like added DLC they decided to make a full on game with, is their a new story or new islands?

cntr

Banned
Nintendo'll probably merge their handhelds and consoles when their next device happens, not the 3DS/Switch.

Looking around, it's kind of ambiguous whether it's a sequel or update? I'd lean sequel, though.

Chase17

I haven't been able to watch the direct yet, but Decidueye getting announced for Pokken makes it all time great.

The new games being 3DS only shouldn't be that surprising but I guess that eurogamer leak threw things off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nintendo'll probably merge their handhelds and consoles when their next device happens, not the 3DS/Switch.

Looking around, it's kind of ambiguous whether it's a sequel or update? I'd lean sequel, though.

Nah, this is the same situation as Black/White2, GameFreak just doesn't want to release the sequels on a brand-new system.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They've been trying to make a live-action Bebop for years, I'll believe it's happening when they announce what channel is getting it.

They did. It's ITV.

EDIT: I take that back, I guess ITV Studios doing it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to air on ITV.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They did. It's ITV.

EDIT: I take that back, I guess ITV Studios doing it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to air on ITV.

That's the studio. ITV isn't in the US anyway. Besides, all they've done is announce the studios and writers involved. Plenty of stuff goes tits-up from here.

So early ratings show it might not be the best idea to lead the block with two repeats.

Super at 8pm-807
Kai at midnight-853
Titan-656
Tokyo Ghoul-553

Granted, the Stanley Cup was that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom