• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
Maybe don't start the night with a rerun (or 2)? Seriously, it should be obvious. If you start your night low, it'll only go down from there.

Move Jack to the back, and scrap Super's earlier slot. That alone will get more people to start Toonami, at least.

But this is [AS], so I'm not surprised their scheduling is insane.

I can't believe a live action SAO tv series was announced before a live-action Bebop series.

Either way, do not want.

Speaking of live-action, the JoJo movie might not be shit.
They've been "announcing" Bebop live action stuff for many years now. This just happens to be the first TV series. Also, SAO started as a light novel, and light novels/manga receive live action adaptations more than animated stuff do.

Grexeno

Super probably has to have an airing at 8 to satisfy Toei, which probably wanted it showing during the day on a kid's network.

Sam Jack is probably trying to wring as much money out of it as possible.

I wish Super could air Saturday mornings if it has to air when kids are watching. Probably wouldn't take away from the Toonami block, and would get kids into Dragon Ball. Cartoon Network might think it's too violent tho...

Directs are meh and the reactions suck.

There has been plenty of good directs and bad directs. Some meh directs. Reactions depend on the person.

I prefer directs over live conferences since they get to the point a lot faster than live conferences do typically.

Plus, Nintendo haven't had a really good live conference in a long time.

So I'm gonna have to miss a lot of E3 because I start my new job on the 12th.

But on the other hand, it also means I'll miss gaming-gaf just breaking apart, because E3.

Also, been hearing that there might be an Animaniacs reboot with Spielberg, Amblin TV and WB. I would like them doing it only if they can get as much of the old staff as possible to do it. This is mainly because most reboots of cartoons coming out are making me weary like the Power Puff Girls one...

Sorry for the unintentional double post.

I wonder what "while Bill Clinton plays the sax" will be replaced with in the intro. I imagine they won't use Trump, not just because of the controversy, but the very real possibility that he won't be president by the time production is complete.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder what "while Bill Clinton plays the sax" will be replaced with in the intro. I imagine they won't use Trump, not just because of the controversy, but the very real possibility that he won't be president by the time production is complete.

"While Vlad Putin hacks the facts"?

ckohler

0TzspI1.jpg

Episode 59 "Easy Bake Oven Jutsu"
This week Grexeno, ckohler, B-Dubs, and Syon from the Toonami Showdown Podcast talk Momocon News, Jaco, reincarnation manga, promo spoilers, extreme shipping, Batman logic, G Gundam, and Ino GIFs.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode059.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:09 Momocon News
0:14:38 Dragonball Super
0:19:51 Dragonball Z Kai
0:26:31 Attack on Titan Season 2
0:34:06 Tokyo Ghoul
0:37:43 Hunter x Hunter
0:42:55 Gundam Unicorn
0:48:11 Naruto Shippuden
0:57:50 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

cntr

Banned
Coming up soon, E4: E3 EVO!

Can Reggie Fils-Aime beat Kaz Hirai at Street Fighter 5?! Find out soon at your local internet stream!

caliph95

Black Clover
Reading Black Clover for the first time, strange there seems to be a mistake it looks like i'm reading naruto i guess i picked the wrong manga.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Black Clover is basically Naruto 2.0. It never gets as bad as Naruto does, though; it's like a cheap pizza, serviceable but not great.

caliph95

I need my generic shonen garbage ala fairy tail anyway
Is there something similar that's actually good

Also fuck Naruto sorrry i mean Natsu sorry i mean Luffy, sorry Asta, i'm starting to hate the typical shonen protagonist they are so obnoxious

cntr

Banned
I dunno about Asta, but I don't mind most shounen protags. Like, Naruto's fine when he's doing stuff unrelated to Sasuke.

...that said, yeah, I hope in the future, shounen protagonists end up more like Deku or something.

edit: Whoa, you're shitting on Luffy? Boo.

caliph95

I dunno about Asta, but I don't mind most shounen protags. Like, Naruto's fine when he's doing stuff unrelated to Sasuke.

...that said, yeah, I hope in the future, shounen protagonists end up more like Deku or something.

edit: Whoa, you're shitting on Luffy? Boo.
Not shitting on him i can see how it can be seen that way was just making a joke about how generic asta is

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

While Hillary Clinton plays the Blues.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think at worse, the block will get reduced back to 3 or 3 and a half hours. Which, I mean, ditch Shippuden and the Rerun slot and nothing much changes.

Yeah, unfortunately. Though I wouldn't mind if it were something like:

Super
DBZ Kai
Attack on Titan
Tokyo Ghoul
Hunter x Hunter
Naruto

I mean I don't like most of those shows but if they squeezed all their moneymakers together into 3 hours they'd probably get good returns.

Line_HTX

I'm just tired and done with Frieza for good. Hearing that
he comes back again later in the current arc
just turns me off completely.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Super is creatively bankrupt. I expect Cell to return when they run out of other threats to fight. Maybe Nappa will get brought back and give an uber power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom