• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
85c.jpg

He gon give it to ya anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
also Gundam Unicorn is appallingly bad
At least Tokyo Ghoul is bad for hilarious & "omg this is trying waaayyyy too hard" reasons.

Unicorn is flat-out the worst show we've gotten this year. Hell, maybe even top 5 on the block for me. It's still the only show I've ever dropped out of pure badness.

Making ACTUALLY DANGEROUS PREDATORS your metaphor for racially profiled minority groups really doesn't play well after a bit.

especially when like...all the things that are stereotypes are actually true because they're animals? and then the people who get profiled all being in positions of power also doesn't make any sense? i get what they're going for and like yeah it's a kids' movie but white people really need to stop making fiction where a whole separate species represents the minorities.

caliph95

Ignoring how one might feel about the minories and predators thing which is another discussion i don't care for or want to get into the shock collar thing while darker wouldn't have worked as well as the more "grounded" if thats the right in getting the message acros imo.

It's too extreme and out there for modern audience(by that i mean kids) when you are trying to relate it to real world discrimination

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Zootopia probably performs a purge style event every year to vent those savage animal instincts.

Zootopia was pretty good, but I never saw Moana. My favorite animated film of last year was Kubo and the Two Strings. I got that on Blu-Ray and love it, just like I do Laika's other films I've seen (ParaNorman, Coraline).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
what i'd give to see a Dragon Ball Film with the kind of animation from Akira....
in quality not in style

Took me a second to realize you meant the 1988 movie and not Akira Toriyama.

Maan I'd love an Akira Netflix series or something, one that's much more faithful to the manga.

Morlas

so did people react like that when black2/white2 were announced around here? i can understand being disappointed with it being on 3ds, but really i've got no problem with it, i'm gonna get it anyway.

so did people react like that when black2/white2 were announced around here? i can understand being disappointed with it being on 3ds, but really i've got no problem with it, i'm gonna get it anyway.

There were some that felt it should have been on 3DS, I think. I don't really care personally what platform the games are on as long as I have the platform if I want the game. It helps that I'm not the hugest fan of Pokemon and don't need every mainline entry. I personally need to see more about US/UM to even consider getting it, especially since it'll probably come out the same day as Super Mario Odyssey.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People were really weird about B2/W2 at first. Opinions about B/W were already divisive and a lot of people were figuring it would be a 3DS game, ignoring the other times this exact scenario happened. That and this was the first non third version third version.

After playing B2/W2 most people loved them. Sun and Moon started at a much more positive place than B/W did so I'm sure having another expanded sequel style game will go over well in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom