• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_nwenb4jNgL1uw4h4no1_1280.gif

Making ACTUALLY DANGEROUS PREDATORS your metaphor for racially profiled minority groups really doesn't play well after a bit.
There's a new manga out called Beastars that handles the whole carnivore/herbivore animal world thing rather well, mostly by making it about personal drama rather than a metaphor for racism.

It's pretty good, I recommend it. Great artstyle, too.

So as it turns out Richard Epcar also did writing and directing on the new Lupin series.
Huh, didn't know the anime had non-Japanese people working on it.

...then again, didn't it air in Italy before it did in Japan, like an Italian Space Dandy?

tumblr_nwenb4jNgL1uw4h4no1_1280.gif

There's a new manga out called Beastars that handles the whole carnivore/herbivore animal world thing rather well, mostly by making it about personal drama rather than a metaphor for racism.

It's pretty good, I recommend it. Great artstyle, too.

Yeah I'm reading it. It is pretty good.

giphy.gif

Pretty good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So Gohan, until recently once again the strongest individual in the universe, is gonna job something fierce to someone who was just recently dead and who literally could not lay a finger on him at his height.

4>2>3>1

caliph95

Sorry Man God Frieza been training
Same reason both Tagoma and Shisami
went from being Zarbon level to being stronger than Saiyan Saga Frieza and Cell in four months

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sorry Man God Frieza been training
Same reason both Tagoma and Shisami went from being Zarbon level to being stronger than Saiyan Saga Frieza and Cell in four months

...but Gohan before the introduction of Beezsus and Wheezy was the strongest person in the Universe. Like...stronger than Goku strong. Stronger than most forms of Buu! The only people stronger than him were fusions of ridiculously strong people via magic! Literal technicalities. Now some gods are stronger than him. Freezer has been back what, four months?

He's gonna job hard too. I can feel it.

Vegeta will get his turn at being God, Goku said so. He'll also do the J-O-B.

caliph95

...but Gohan before the introduction of Beezsus and Wheezy was the strongest person in the Universe. Like...stronger than Goku strong. Stronger than most forms of Buu! The only people stronger than him were fusions of ridiculously strong people via magic! Literal technicalities. Now some gods are stronger than him.

pff training

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
...but Gohan before the introduction of Beezsus and Wheezy was the strongest person in the Universe. Like...stronger than Goku strong. Stronger than most forms of Buu! The only people stronger than him were fusions of ridiculously strong people via magic! Literal technicalities. Now some gods are stronger than him. Freezer has been back what, four months?

Gohan is massively out of shape at this point and can't even call on his full power.
He can barely call on ssj2 at this point
. He's been letting it all atrophy away since Buu as a result of not training. I mean, look at them skinny arms he's got.

Now, obviously there's a lot wrong with The Killing Joke animated film. (Whew, that's an understatement.)

But perhaps one of the oddest problems is how Batman straight up kills one of Joker's minions, and the film continues on like nothing happened. It's during the climax too. Batman just throws one of Joker's minions into a spiked pit, and Batman just continues on like nothing happened.

TheSun

I kinda wished they didn't do an exact copy of the comic, but rather do their own style.
Some things work better in comic format than animated.

I liked the rotoscope idea some folk had, but DC animation ain't never gonna do that.

The first half was utter cabbage, I agree.

caliph95

It would have made a great short film and just focus on the comic (though the comic is still better and the movie isn't good enough on it's own)

Even if they felt they had to try and rectify the only big criticism some had which is the treatment of batgirl
there was some many other ways to fix than what they did
latest

Seda

been seeing some tweets of adult swim staff at production ig places, maybe flcl2 stuff is in full swing

here's one

MMDZdj3.png

cntr

Banned
Speaking of, isn't there going to be a new Code Geass season next year? Since they'll probably get that, would they rerun the old seasons?

cntr

Banned
Valvrave was fucking awful.

The only reason I watched it was because the mecha designs were neat, but it wasn't worth it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I beat Final Fantasy III recently. Real decent game, first time going through the 3D version. The gauntlet at the end made me lose two hours because I slightly overestimated my health on the final boss, so I backed out and got a few levels as a Black Belt to really amp up HP and had no problem.

Now I'm onto FF IV and continuing the theme of playing versions I hadn't tried before I'm playing the FF IV Complete Collection. Always hated how this one looked...It's not quite as bad as V and VI mobile but it is a step in that direction with ugly tilesets and fake looking RPG maker flash style sprites and spell effects. Some of the enemy sprites look good though and it runs fast so it's not all bad. Going to beat Interlude and the After Years as well for the complete experience.

There is no way in hell I'm playing FF V on PS1 or Mobile, so maybe I'll do the SFC version. Likely I'll just play it on the GB Micro as I always do.

Morlas

So I beat Final Fantasy III recently. Real decent game, first time going through the 3D version. The gauntlet at the end made me lose two hours because I slightly overestimated my health on the final boss, so I backed out and got a few levels as a Black Belt to really amp up HP and had no problem.

Now I'm onto FF IV and continuing the theme of playing versions I hadn't tried before I'm playing the FF IV Complete Collection. Always hated how this one looked...It's not quite as bad as V and VI mobile but it is a step in that direction with ugly tilesets and fake looking RPG maker flash style sprites and spell effects. Some of the enemy sprites look good though and it runs fast so it's not all bad. Going to beat Interlude and the After Years as well for the complete experience.

There is no way in hell I'm playing FF V on PS1 or Mobile, so maybe I'll do the SFC version. Likely I'll just play it on the GB Micro as I always do.

The GBA versions of the Final Fantasy Games are amazing

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The GBA versions of the Final Fantasy Games are amazing

IV has the ATB glitch in the US version (So does V actually, but the way they fixed it a lot of people don't notice it) which makes the game fun in places where you get a million turns and the enemy can't do shit or vice versa. I do love the localization and extra content in that one.

V...is just a fantastic version of the game. The best. I play it roughly five times a year for the fiesta. Looks better than the SFC version with improved tilesets, has good extra content in the new jobs and dungeon.

VI is great. I even like the music. The new Espers are pretty good and I really like the extra dungeon in this one, especially the new final boss.

So my plan is as follows considering I wasted a bunch of extra time on FF III.

FF IV
Interlude
After Years

FF V Job Fiesta x2

Steins;Gate (get the few endings I missed)
Steins;Gate 0

FF VI (Platform to be determined)

For purely portable games. I also intend to finally finish Xenoblade Chronicles X and play a shit ton of ARMS and Splatoon 2 next month. I've also got some work to do in Pokémon Sun, the extra content in DQ VIII (might have to skip this one) and I wanted to beat Twilight Princess HD one of these days.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, I'm gonna need a volunteer to handle the schedule stuff this weekend. I'll be out in LA and probably paying no attention to Toonami (and probably won't have access to the east coast feed anyway).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This week on TOONAMI Jack meets the daughters of Aku, Gohan Jobs and then Jobs again, Eren faces off with two dicks who ruined his life, FLESH FLESH FLESH, Crap Puka deals with the fact that his sought after revenge will never happen...or will it? Unicron ends with a Banagher, more people die in Naruto as Pain looks for the Nine Tails and the major does something on GITS:SAC...I actually can't remember what the next episode is without looking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom