• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

I don't know about you guys but i found gurren lagann very boring i just didn't dig it at all, it just felt like it was circling the drain...
i love gurren lagann

Morlas

why did the skeleton stay home from work...because he had a femur

Why did i know? because he was looking pretty grave.
after all he wasn't the only one with a bone to pick with me.
i'll just say this though i think he's a very humerus guy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
why did the skeleton stay home from work...because he had a femur

Why did i know? because he was looking pretty grave.
after all he wasn't the only one with a bone to pick with me.
i'll just say this though i think he's a very humerus guy.

*Brook quietly writes these all down*

caliph95

giphy.gif
4a314f0b7b622efdbd05927d8193b0bb.gif
tumblr_inline_npl5a0o6mQ1ry6176_500.gif

I was thinking on Prey recently. No not the recent one, the original 2006 game.

250px-Prey_%28Xbox_360%29.jpg

Prey's developers must have been an odd bunch with them deciding to respectfully include Native American culture with an Native American lead no less, yet at the same time, not realizing they maybe should have pulled back slightly on having orphans being brutally murdered on screen by ghosts.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Steven universe is a real gem of a show and such a hidden gem, some consider it a diamond in the rough though due to fillers

Steven Universe doesn't have fillers. Even the random townspeople episodes usually set up some character stuff for later down the road.

People have too much of a shonen anime mindset when watching that show.

Raxus

Steven Universe doesn't have fillers. Even the random townspeople episodes usually set up some character stuff for later down the road.

People have too much of a shonen anime mindset when watching that show.

I always knew in my gut the townies would matter in the long run. Lo and behold along comes wanted and Lars' Head.

Bringing things back to Toonami a little.

DBZ references!

Xe4

Banned
I was thinking on Prey recently. No not the recent one, the original 2006 game.

250px-Prey_%28Xbox_360%29.jpg

Prey's developers must have been an odd bunch with them deciding to respectfully include Native American culture with an Native American lead no less, yet at the same time, not realizing they maybe should have pulled back slightly on having orphans being brutally murdered on screen by ghosts.

That bus scene was crazy fucked up, if I recall correctly. The whole game seemed to go out of its way to be disturbing. Another example was what happened to your girlfriend.

Shit's fucked yo.

Was a surprisingly good and underrated game though. Both Prey's were, in fact.

cntr

Banned
That is the best song on the G Gundam soundtrack.

Bonus points for being the only Cantonese song I've ever heard in an anime, too!

Raxus

While the Venture Bros. still exists there is no other better cartoon on Cartoon Network.

Venture Bros. breaks are so long it is a legit question whether it is does exist :p

I love it but man it REALLY has some of the worst hiatuses in any medium and I am including stuff like Berserk and HxH.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Venture Bros. breaks are so long it is a legit question whether it is does exist :p

I love it but man it REALLY has some of the worst hiatuses in any medium and I am including stuff like Berserk and HxH.

I'd rather they take their time as each season is incredibly strong and also consistent. I don't think I've seen writers who know their own lore as well as the creators of the Venture Bros and its as expansive as fuck. A random one off gag name character we don't even see in an early season becomes a main character later on and its all natural. That show amazes me sometimes.

While the Venture Bros. still exists there is no other better cartoon on Cartoon Network.
I need to restart this. I have most of it on DVD, but I haven't seen the last season or remember the season before that. It will be like watching the show for the first time since I barely remember a lot of it. One of my favorite cartoons though, it started as a mere Johnny Quest spoof and ended up being something bigger with even drugged out Johnny himself appearing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd call the Venture Bros. one of the best shows on TV overall. I like it better than the good majority of serious lauded dramas out there, its that damn clever. Also its one of the funniest things out there. The episode with the IGNORE ME! guy was incredible had me rolling and every time Brock Samson freaked out and murdered a small army.

I'd call the Venture Bros. one of the best shows on TV overall. I like it better than the good majority of serious lauded dramas out there, its that damn clever. Also its one of the funniest things out there. The episode with the IGNORE ME! guy was incredible had me rolling and every time Brock Samson freaked out and murdered a small army.
Brock smashing through a bathroom window nude covered in blood and then ambushing 21 while he's trying to take a shit is hilarious. Not mention Brock at some point killing a guy with a lawnmower is great. I need to rewatch this show.

Chase17

Why am I so hyped for a dragon ball game with 2 screenshots lol.

I've been watching both sub and dub for DB super. I like both sets of voices. Though I'm not watching this arc of the dub since I barely made it through the first time.

I somehow saw rumors of a TMS switch port today. Man God has been busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom