• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why am I so hyped for a dragon ball game with 2 screenshots lol.

I've been watching both sub and dub for DB super. I like both sets of voices. Though I'm not watching this arc of the dub since I barely made it through the first time.

I somehow saw rumors of a TMS switch port today. Man God has been busy.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions...is getting a reincarnation?!?

cntr

Banned
From what I've heard Sean lacks a lot of nuance for one of the later characters.
If you're talking about what I think you are, that's based on the video games. Sean (and the other VAs) are given a list of lines to record all at once out of context, and anyone'll sound like crap when you do it like that; Champa and Vados had the same issue of sounding bad in the games, but not in the movies and series.

The actual voice in the anime'll sound fine.

If you're talking about what I think you are, that's based on the video games. Sean (and the other VAs) are given a list of lines to record all at once out of context, and anyone'll sound like crap when you do it like that; Champa and Vados had the same issue of sounding bad in the games, but fine in the movies and series.

The actual voice in the anime'll sound fine.
Ok, granted I am aware of that. Haven't seen a single Super ep in English since I've been watching it since before it even got announced for Toonami. Though I've seen the movies or at least one of them in English, kind of a blur to me.

cntr

Banned
Funimation's Dragonball dub is one of the few anime translations that's actually done like how a translation should be, actually rewriting dialogue and adding stuff to make them funny to an English audience. It's like a video game translation instead of a typical anime translation. It's great!

Anyway, the slice of life and early Beerus episodes were pretty good, and I've liked the Frieza arc episodes so far.

I think the only real reason why I haven't rewatched any is because I'm not as into Dragonball as I used to be and time. Now Hunter x Hunter I've seen both dubbed and subbed, I always just tend to outrun the dub and have to start watching the sub at some point.

cntr

Banned
Super's one of the few shows I don't know that much about on Toonami and it's fun to group watch a show for the first time. And the dub's great anyway.

Ray Down

Banned
grabit.gif

Berserk is almost amazingly bad looking at times.

I almost don't understand how a property as popular as Berserk could be mishandled so much.

But then I remember Batman vs Superman, and it seems a bit more normal.

Raxus

At this point ANN is probably correct in that Berserk is in the middle of a production collapse. Hell someone even pointed out in that infamous image last week the characters in the background were slowly sliding to the right.
68baauN.gif

Remember the infamous Brian Mills Jumps a Fence?

Behold!

nBEoW5t.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess you could say the Berserk "anime" is driving the fans.......

*puts on sunglasses*

.....mad that a series such as this isn't getting the same amount of effort put into it compared to other franchises & makes them wish for a more competent company like Bones would give it the treatment it deserves.

...which makes them go berserk YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

What happened to Regiruler?
This is the only post I can find that might be related to this banning.

At this point ANN is probably correct in that Berserk is in the middle of a production collapse. Hell someone even pointed out in that infamous image last week the characters in the background were slowly sliding to the right.

Remember the infamous Brian Mills Jumps a Fence?

Behold!

No, you see there's a hidden genius to this. Obviously the animators want us to experience the same true level of suffering that Guts has to live with.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I guess I see so many posts about the GAF hivemind that those above seem pretty tame and inoffensive all things considered.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The internet has taught me over the years to just stay out of certain threads, let alone posting in them. I value my account too much to take any risks. Sometimes, I'll type something out, look at it, think "is this something that's really worth posting?", then delete it just to be on the safe side & not cause any arguments/possible fuel to the fire/get on someone's bad side.

....best example was my early days on here & those "game has been censored for the US release" threads like Bravely Default, Monster Monpiece, & Fatal Frame on Wii U.

But to be back on topic, thank god, only one more week until Lupin. Next week's gonna be fun in general with E3 & then ending with Lupin's premiere.

Morlas

Berserk is almost amazingly bad looking at times.

I almost don't understand how a property as popular as Berserk could be mishandled so much.

But then I remember Batman vs Superman, and it seems a bit more normal.
I actually like Batman v superman....yes even the theatrical cut

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oof, yeah I've also learned to stay out of certain threads. I have read reactions to GAF on other forums and can kind of see why they think that. But only seeing small parts of a bigger picture doesn't help. Like 4chan, sure /b/ and /v/ are the worst, but /m/ and /x/ are pretty cool.

No, you see there's a hidden genius to this. Obviously the animators want us to experience the same true level of suffering that Guts has to live with.

It's almost like someone found the Behelit, entered ultimate despair, and activated it. But instead of summoning demons to eat us all, it summoned an abysmal adaptation and now we all have to suffer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Neat, another ToonamiGAF member who won something from the 20th anniversary giveaway.

Still waiting on my "limited-edition custom prize" that was sent last week, hoping it arrives tomorrow or early next week.

As painful as School Days became it at least had an animation budget. Berserk is just a fucking shit show with occasionally good music. WHY THE FUCK DO I WATCH THIS ON A WEEKLY BASIS?!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom