• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
G-Gundam would work great as a 2 a.m. show, being "old" but still technically new at the same time, which is what Toonami usually does for older shows coming to the block.

But seriously, G-Gundam HD would make for an amazingly fun groupwatch & is perhaps the one Gundam series I'd be okay with hitting the block.

Chase17

How about a shirt that says "Games aren't a hobby, they're a lifestyle." in plain white text?
This is another good one lol
DCEFPECXgAQ4XZa.jpg:large

cntr

Banned
Gundam Wing is the only Gundam show I'd dare tag with popular. They ran it twice a night and then reran it twice in two different blocks. G Gundam got a run just as TOONAMI was starting to flag and it was the show that followed up the poor showing of Mobile Suit Gundam.

G Gundam has aged the best because it is the best. The only thing that even sniffs at it quality wise is War in the Pocket, and that's basically a Gundam Ghibli movie instead of a wacky ass show.
G's always been one of the two iconic Gundams in the West, though, even if it wasn't strictly as popular as Wing. I doubt they really have a hard preference.

it is the best, though.

This is another good one lol
this gave my eyes sockets friction burns from how hard they rotated

I'm pretty sure they never explain the copying conditions in the manga itself, just in a guidebook. And that guidebook explanation didn't make sense, from what I recall.
oh, really? huh.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I gotta say those shirts aren't instilling much hope that MS is going to be creating a message that appeals to me. If they have some great games I'll be cool but yeah I hope they aren't going to go overboard about how awesome the Scorpio is. Those shirts seem like some weird over compensating reaction to the messaging around the Pro when it launched but taken to an absurd degree. Yeesh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
cool, you made a more powerful system

now make me some damn games worth playing on it, I'm not spending $500 when I already have a PS4 & Switch

Atari was all "THE JAGUAR IS THE FIRST 64 BIT SYSTEM, UNLIKE THOSE LAME 16 BIT SYSTEMS, OURS IS THE BEST", and look how that turned out

Morlas

I also remember when I got a vhs advertising the rumble pack for star fox 64
that was cheesy as he'll but at least it kinda got that

Raxus

TFW you realized you missed the EA press conference only to realize later it was a whole bunch of nothing like it is every year.

Also the Scorpio will never not remind me of this.

If I ever did pick one up I would just paste that image on the console.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I will rebuy it if it is ported. I nearly rebought it just to get the deluxe edition but it sold out just as I was trying to order it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah the game ends really strong even if you don't like the idol stuff, which I normally don't. It wormed its way into my heart though.

TMS is easily the biggest positive surprise I've ever had with a game. I bought it literally because I had almost exactly 60 bucks left in Nintendo money from a good eshop credit sale after buying Monster Hunter Generations and Zero Time Dilemma. It's the game I figured I'd buy, try out and then abandon like a lot of Wii U games that don't have gamepad only mode, promising to come back to and yet never doing so. Instead out of those three games it is by far my favorite and one of the few RPGS I played through and beat recently that I'd gladly pick up again and play it through.

Jarate

Banned
I have a hard time playing Persona games on non-mobile platforms, TMS was no exception.

I really would really like a Persona 5 switch port.

Moaradin

Someone mentioned that HxH is contractually obligated to air no later than 1:30? But whether that's actually true or whether someone at Toonami just likes HxH, it's probably going to stick around in the 1:30 slot 'til it's done. (Moving it up and then back down would be kind of messy, too.)

It kinda makes sense why HxH shouldn't get pushed down too late. It's practically the most premiere dub on the block right now. AoT is newer, but the latest dub episodes are available on Funimation the next day. The latest dubbed HxH episode available outside of Toonami is episode 26 lol.

cntr

Banned
It kinda makes sense why HxH shouldn't get pushed down too late. It's practically the most premiere dub on the block right now. AoT is newer, but the latest dub episodes are available on Funimation the next day. The latest dubbed HxH episode available outside of Toonami is episode 26 lol.
yeah, makes sense.

wonder if SDC'll end up the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom