• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I'm on a fairly tight budget, so I'll probably have a 3DS at most in terms of recent consoles. Maybe even a 2DS if the budget proves too tight, pfft.

I can't find anything on Europe's sales, but JoJo's Bizare Adventure: Eyes of Heaven debuted at number 16 on the Japanese sales chart with about 38,000 with both PS3 and PS4 version sales combined.

Compare that to the first Xenoverse's 78,911 sales in Japan.
I mean, sure, the Jojo games don't sell that well. It's not like most of them are that great.

But that's separate from whether they could sell well, and Jojo's a big enough cultural property that a hypothetical ArcSys game certainly could.

I'm on a fairly tight budget, so I'll probably have a 3DS at most in terms of recent consoles. Maybe even a 2DS if the budget proves too tight, pfft.

I mean, sure, the Jojo games don't sell that well. It's not like most of them are that great.

But that's separate from whether they could sell well, and Jojo's a big enough cultural property that a hypothetical ArcSys game certainly could.
I don't think it would be impossible for it to sell decent if the game was high quality enough.

Only that it would be would be an uphill battle in respect to other properties such as Z. That said it will be interesting to see how this latest DBZ game will sell in comparison to the more casual Z games like Xenoverse.

The last major competitive Z game Super DBZ didn't do so hot here, but that was before the 2D fighter revival in 2006.

Morlas

And so the bad naming scheme continues for the latest Xbox...honestly Xbox one Scorpio would be been a lame cheesy name but better than just adding an x to it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can't wait for the next iteration. Xbox One Battle Network

But yeah, Xbox still fails to wow me. Anything worth it is multiplatform or on PC.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Xbox 1 Xtreme

.......that's as bad as Wii U. Don't use a single letter to separate your system, especially when the letters sound similar.

where's my one piece or jojo's bizarre adventure ASW anime fighter?

Bandai Namco Executive: "Shouldn't we be cultivating and growing our other licensed anime properties just in case the Dragon Ball bubble pops?"

Bandai Namco CEO: "Nonsense. Start production on three more Dragon Ball games with CC2, Ubisoft, and Platinum Games."

cntr

Banned
I don't think it would be impossible for it to sell decent if the game was high quality enough.

Only that it would be would be an uphill battle in respect to other properties such as Z. That said it will be interesting to see how this latest DBZ game will sell in comparison to the more casual Z games like Xenoverse.

The last major competitive Z game Super DBZ didn't do so hot here, but that was before the 2D fighter revival in 2006.
Fair.

And so the bad naming scheme continues for the latest Xbox...honestly Xbox one Scorpio would be been a lame cheesy name but better than just adding an x to it
Scorpio's such a silly name. Like, together with those shirts, it feels so...what's the modern equivalent of 90s Xtreme? The "Call of Duty, sponsored by Mountain Dew" kind of stuff? Like that.

...not that "Xbox One X" is that much better of a name, though.

BatDan

Yeah the Dragon Ball game is hype. But maaaaan One Piece would be perfect for ASW. There's a severe lack of One Piece fighting games.
Maybe DBZ is easier because "everyone is lasers"?

On another note, walking through a store I saw these "Lego Brickheadz" and realized "Oh god, Lego is trying to chase the Funko Pop trend". The cancer spreads!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That being said I can actually see myself one day buying a XOX just for their commendable efforts on BC. I do love me some OXBOX games.

It would take a lot at current prices to get enough games to go over 500 bucks though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel kind of bad that I'm so hard on Microsoft considering competition is healthy & I liked my 360, but man, I just can't bring myself to ever care about most of what they show at their conferences.

But it might also be due to the fact I'm growing tired of games trying to aim for realism when I appreciate stylish games among the lines of Okami, Persona 5, Vanillaware's stuff, Rez, Cuphead, etc. where I look at it & go "yup, this is something I won't mistake for a different game"

My favorite part in the Microsoft Conference was actually seeing a console I own and will own... the Switch. :p

Dragon Ball Fighter looked cool, Anthem looked interesting, Metro looked awesome, Minecraft being cross-play between Switch and Microsoft platforms and mobile made me more interested in Minecraft: Switch Edition, some indies looked cool like Cuphead.

Not enough for me to get an Xbox, let along a Xbone X when I got a PS4. If I was going to drink every time they said exclusive in that conference, I would drink water. I probably would have drunk over a gallon or two of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
asw needs to make an anime fighter based on Keijo

I can already imagine the dynamic camera angles now

...oh hey, DB FighterZ is gonna have a closed beta "before the end of summer"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I want to become extremely rich so I can commission Arc System Works to make a One Piece or JoJo fighting game.
Imagine a Jojo game using inspiration of the presentation & use of camera angles of All-Star Battle combined with ASW's gameplay & graphic style of GG Xrd.

That is my dream Jojo game now.

BatDan

So I told a friend about Xbone X and the obscene price. She told me that consoles are going to die out in 10 years. I told her "PS4 and Switch show there is a market"
You guys think consoles will be around for a while?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I told a friend about Xbone X and the obscene price. She told me that consoles are going to die out in 10 years. I told her "PS4 and Switch show there is a market"

Yea. They aren't going anywhere, but if Microsoft doesn't get their shit together one of these days they will be.

.........Microsoft just gave me Rare Replay for using Mixer to watch the E3 conference.

Neat!

Anyways, overall thoughts on the MS conference?

BatDan

Yea. They aren't going anywhere, but if Microsoft doesn't get their shit together one of these days they will be.

That's how I see it at least. Sony & Nintendo will keep on kicking but if MS doesn't steer the ship back in position... we may see a two-prong market.
They're being too safe, where are the risks? *looks at Scalebound* Oh right...

Yeah I'll remind her about how Sony & Nintendo at least provide exclusive content that isn't on PC.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's how I see it at least. Sony & Nintendo will keep on kicking but if MS doesn't steer the ship back in position... we may see a two-prong market.
They're being too safe, where are the risks? *looks at Scalebound* Oh right...

Yeah I'll remind her about how Sony & Nintendo at least provide exclusive content that isn't on PC.

I mean, my major issue with Microsoft is that all of their offerings generally look the same. How many gritty, ultra-realistic, post-apocalyptic shooter-type games did they preview this year? There were like four or five of them!

They went on about the variety of devs and studios, but that didn't translate to a variety of game types. Having 12 studios making games for you is great, unless they all look the same. Then what's the point?

I've got a Switch and I'm waiting on a price drop to grab a PS4, but I have 0 interest in an XboxOne right now.

cntr

Banned
I'm pretty sure the Xbox isn't going to last. Unless a miracle happens, Microsoft's going to end up with Windows as their main gaming platform, and in a sense, it already is.

BatDan

I mean, my major issue with Microsoft is that all of their offerings generally look the same. How many gritty, ultra-realistic, post-apocalyptic shooter-type games did they preview this year? There were like four or five of them!

They went on about the variety of devs and studios, but that didn't translate to a variety of game types. Having 12 studios making games for you is great, unless they all look the same. Then what's the point?

I've got a Switch and I'm waiting on a price drop to grab a PS4, but I have 0 interest in an XboxOne right now.

Yeah that's also the issue. A lot of MS output is a very samey. On rare occasion something will pop out but it's never enough to buy the console. Especially if everything is going to be on PC anyway. Like Cuphead.

And stuff like AssCreed or Metro or Code Vein or DBFZ is on PS4 too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah that's also the issue. A lot of MS output is a very samey. On rare occasion something will pop out but it's never enough to buy the console. Especially if everything is going to be on PC anyway. Like Cuphead.

And stuff like AssCreed or Metro or Code Vein or DBFZ is on PS4 too.

I mean, a two-pronged market might not be such a bad thing. If Sony and Nintendo are the only ones there, they'll likely have to fight using games instead of pure tech. That'd be better for everyone (console makers, consumers, devs, publishers, studios) in the long run than the insane tech race we have going on between Microsoft and Sony right now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF, I can get Rare Replay via that Mixer site? Just signed up & linked my MS account, sure hope I can still get it.

Yes, because Sony managed to pick themselves up after the first year or so of the PS3's launch & have been doing great with PS4 & Nintendo has made good on the Wii U's gimmick of "play consoles games off the TV!" & seems to be putting more effort into 3rd party & more 1st party.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I mean I think consoles will be around as long as the console manufacturers can keep the interest up in them. People love playing videogames and even with stuff like the Slim and Pro, consoles are for the most part plug and play which the casual audience loves as we all know. If Sony drops the ball with the PS5 or 6 or whatever and no one else is there to pick it up in the process that could be the end for consoles. It won't take much but its also not as inevitable as some make it out to be.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean I think consoles will be around as long as the console manufacturers can keep the interest up in them. People love playing videogames and even with stuff like the Slim and Pro, consoles are for the most part plug and play which the casual audience loves as we all know. If Sony drops the ball with the PS5 or 6 or whatever and no one else is there to pick it up in the process that could be the end for consoles. It won't take much but its also not as inevitable as some make it out to be.

Unless all three console manufacturers drop the ball and shit their pants in the same gen, console gaming will survive just fine.

BBboy20

KmpDjSb.png

Did Microsoft not notice this dude's views?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom