• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
qxxGyLh.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
......well crap, there went all my interest in that game. & it was one of the very few that looked appealing to me...

Morlas

Well that's unfortunate....and what exactly is "modern" feminism anyway. Its pretty much assholes way of dismissing all feminists carte Blanche right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
.........Microsoft just gave me Rare Replay for using Mixer to watch the E3 conference.

Neat!

Anyways, overall thoughts on the MS conference?

My goal in life is to get as much free stuff as possible from MS without buying a 360 or Bone.

My list so far...

Season one of Fairy Tail...twice
Season one of DBZ
Steins;Gate
Hamatora
Devil is a Part Timer
Season one of FMA:B

Lost Odyssey
Rare Replay
...a couple of other games, would have to figure out how to look it up from PC.

I've also got something like 50k Reward points.

Tenumi

Banned
I thought it looked bad myself. Maybe I could sense the hate.

You know, I felt something off during the game trailer, to be honest. It wasn't clicking with me at all. Glad I'm not alone.

The Dev stuff is just the sewage on the already suspect-smelling cake. I wish I could say I was surprised.

cntr

Banned
I don't recall either of the anime explaining them
Hm. Well, here it is, then:

In order for Chrollo to steal a nen power using Skill Hunter, he must 1. see the power be used, 2. have the target explain at least one aspect of their power in response to a question he asks, 3. get the target to touch the handprint on the Bandit's Secret book, and 4. do all of the preceding within an hour.

So he saw Neon use her power, got her to answer his questions on how it worked, and (off-screen) touched her hand to the book after he knocked her unconscious.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This Bethesda presentation is...weird.

I think they're trying to do one of those fun Nintendo Direct things, only they have no idea what fun is.

Paid mods again, are they serious?

In order for Chrollo to steal a nen power using Skill Hunter, he must 1. see the power be used, 2. have the target explain at least one aspect of their power in response to a question he asks, 3. get the target to touch the handprint on the Bandit's Secret book, and 4. do all of the preceding within an hour.

So he saw Neon use her power, got her to answer his questions on how it worked, and (off-screen) touched her hand to the book after he knocked her unconscious.

Either the anime cut it from the manga or this is next episode info. I legit can't remember.

caliph95

Also he can't kill the target

Chrollo stealing an ability actually links them in a way. The convolutedness of the conditions pretty much means Chrollo isn't getting any of Zeno's abilities cause Zeno is far too smart to allow Chrollo to meet all of them.

caliph95

Chrollo stealing an ability actually links them in a way. The convolutedness of the conditions pretty much means Chrollo isn't getting any of Zeno's abilities cause Zeno is far too smart to allow Chrollo to meet all of them.
Which is it makes it hard to do in a fight against competent enemies it would be hard to force them to the book or explain their abilities

it would be easy in a more typical shonen like bleach though Chrollo would be god in a week

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's never explained in the anime or manga, IIRC. This information is only in a guidebook.

Actually I looked it up and the cover page of chapter 123 explains it.

Which is it makes it hard to do in a fight against competent enemies it would be hard to force them to the book or explain their abilities

it would be easy in a more typical shonen like bleach though Chrollo would be god in a week

Yea, anyone experienced with Nen isn't going to let their powers be stolen very easily.

I just realized how Bleach is absolutely horrible at this concept, give Naruto some credit I do remember some characters not talking about their powers to the enemy but when it comes to Bleach they always have the need to spout their abilities

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so what happens if he holds the book in his left hand, it doesn't work because it HAS to be his right hand?

caliph95

so what happens if he holds the book in his left hand, it doesn't work because it HAS to be his right hand?
Yeah you can't break your nen conditions
A side-effect of how arbitrarily specific Bleach powers got sometimes.
You don't need the characters to explain their abilities they were times where characters got screwed because they explained their abilities and was countered as a result

Yep, right hand with the book open to the page with the Nen on it. So if he happens to steal a Nen that requires both hands to activate, he couldn't use it. While his power has an extreme amount of flexibility due to having countless types of Hatsu; he is unable to fight in closer quarters to his full extent with his right hand being occupied if he wants to keep the nen active.

Xe4

Banned
Yeah you can't break your nen conditions.

What happens if you break your conditions. I know in Kurapika's case it would kill him, but in the case of Chrollo (for instance), what would happen? Would the nen just not work, or would it do something worse?

caliph95

What happens if you break your conditions. I know in Kurapika's case it would kill him, but in the case of Chrollo (for instance), what would happen? Would the nen just not work, or would it do something worse?
Depends on the punishment you set for yourself, for Chrollo likely it just mean it won't work
Kurapika could have picked his that his hair changes colour if he breaks or be more masculine or whatever it would just be weaker because it's not a serious consequence

Depends on the punishment you set for yourself, for Chrollo likely it just mean it won't work
Kurapika could have picked his that his hair changes colour if he breaks or be more masculine or whatever it would just be weaker because it's not a serious consequence

Well the stronger the consequences are, the stronger the nen is so it makes since for Kurapika's consequence to be as dire as death if he wants to go toe to toe with the Spiders

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Well the stronger the consequences are, the stronger the nen is so it makes since for Kurapika's consequence to be as dire as death if he wants to go toe to toe with the Spiders

There's also the sheer number of conditions to consider. Chrollo has four steps to clear before he can steal an ability, then another two before he can use it. The number of hurdles he has to clear is what allows his nen to be so crazy without it being too dangerous to him (not that it isn't already).

Kurapika probably could have gotten away without the death promise if he had set multiple conditions--it likely would have allowed him to use his power against non-spiders too--but his nen would have become too unwieldy to use in combat as a result.

Basically the more restrictions on your nen the more powerful it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom