• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a conference...while what they showed was good it was almost like SONY didn't want to be there. hmm, its how to word but overall it was pretty weak compared to last year's SONY conference.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think Sony didn't like the common criticism that they announce games that are still years off, so this year they kept it within a shorter time span.

But yeah you can tell it was middling from the audience. Maybe Sony will feel more comfortable following Nintendo and Bethesda's example?

That might be the first good Spiderman game since....what, Ultimate Spiderman?

Ultimate_Spider-Man_boxart.jpg

Granted, this game was around 4 hours long.

Also, why Capcom?

DCKm_AS2_Ws_AAt_ZJq.jpg

Why?

Congrats on the job Hellwarden.

Thanks man. Granted, it looks like it'll only be seasonal work, but it's work I suppose.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I am kind of surprised Dreams wasn't shown at all. I kind of wonder what the deal is with that game. I know they do updates all the time but I feel like Sony has given them an incredibly long leash in terms of producing actual money making content.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Microsoft had one, only no one liked their surprise.

At least MS got to show Dragon Ball. Even though I'm just going to play that on PS4.

I'm not mad at this conference, just very disappointed. Mad would be something like the Kinect showcases or Nintendo 2010.

Not really feeling this E3 this year.

So far Dragon Ball is the only thing to really excite me and knowing Nintendo is probably only gonna show it's 2017 titles kinda kills the mood.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sony's Conference was okay. I think people set their expectations too high for some type of megaton, like them bringing Hideo Kojima on stage last year. I like the fact that they only announced games that actually are on the horizon, and not just starting development.

Soild E3 across the board, nothing amazing, but good shows and nothing really terrible.

Yeah, that's also my sentiments on this year.

Not really feeling this E3 this year.

So far Dragon Ball is the only thing to really excite me and knowing Nintendo is probably only gonna show it's 2017 titles kinda kills the mood.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

They won't be able to show much since it is only 30 minutes tomorrow

HStallion

I think Monster Hunter looks awesome myself. Seeing the fact monsters can seemingly chase you to the ends of the Earth through all manner of areas and spaces was really cool to see. Looked like Monster Hunter meets Dragons Dogma and that sounds like a great combination to me. I'll wait to see more and hear others takes but it was honestly the coolest looking game shown at the Sony conference to me.

Don't care for the DBZ game, then again I'm not a huge fan of DBZ so I'm not seeing why people are freaking out about it.

A lot of people are DBZ fans, and Arc System is an AAA fighting game developer who is finally handling the franchise after a long stretch of casual to mediocre DBZ games.

I think the general lack of excitement from this E3 is the lack of fresh new IPs. I'm looking forward to a lot the sequels shown, but I was looking forward to a lot of them before the show.

Also, Days Gone straight up didn't look very good to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Monster Hunter looks awesome myself. Seeing the fact monsters can seemingly chase you to the ends of the Earth through all manner of areas and spaces was really cool to see. Looked like Monster Hunter meets Dragons Dogma and that sounds like a great combination to me. I'll wait to see more and hear others takes but it was honestly the coolest looking game shown at the Sony conference to me.

Who actually runs away from monsters though? I mean, outside of the egg delivery quests.

Sony's conference was eh to me. The big surprises like MHW and SotC Remaster/Remake were leaked out through trademarks along with other announcements so they weren't as shocking to me. Didn't blow me out of the water, but wasn't completely bad. Good thing it was fast paced with trailers and stuff.

Just Nintendo left tomorrow.

HStallion

Who actually runs away from monsters though? I mean, outside of the egg delivery quests.

Well it seems far more dynamic than past Monster Hunter games which interests me a lot. While I enjoyed the MH games I felt they were often a little too stuck in the past and this seems like a nice change of pace while still retaining a lot of the original spirit.

Seda

The last good arcadey DBZ game is still Budokai 3 (or maybe Infinite World since it's basically the same thing right?), and while some liked Xenoverse, this is a totally different style of game.

Raxus

I think the general lack of excitement from this E3 is the lack of fresh new IPs. I'm looking forward to a lot the sequels shown, but I was looking forward to a lot of them before the show.

Also, Days Gone straight up didn't look very good to me.

I think Sony made a mistake announcing EVERYTHING in the past 2-3 E3's. Now all they have is upcoming stuff and things that won't be out until 2019. To add insult to injury the games that DID show gameplay looked baaaaad on stage. Spiderman was a lackluster showing and Days Gone was a snoozefest up until zombear. It is pretty bad when your biggest announcement is a remaster of a decade old game.

Grexeno

Days Gone looks like it was greenlit back in 2009 when "has zombies" was all you needed to get a bunch of money thrown at you and it hasn't changed at all since.

Raxus

Basically. It literally has nothing going for it outside zombear. Ooodles of zombies? Dead Rising did it...4 times. Running zombies (plus an interesting plot)? The Last of Us. Last Light and other games could fit the mold too. I feel bad for the developer because it is obviously too far along to cancel but I legit forgot it even existed until today. The Last of Us 2 wiped it from my conciousness.

Morlas

At least MS got to show Dragon Ball. Even though I'm just going to play that on PS4.

I'm not mad at this conference, just very disappointed. Mad would be something like the Kinect showcases or Nintendo 2010.
What? Nintendo 2010 was awesome are you sure you're not thinking of another one?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last good arcadey DBZ game is still Budokai 3 (or maybe Infinite World since it's basically the same thing right?), and while some liked Xenoverse, this is a totally different style of game.

Super DBZ was like a budget version of this new game and was okay.

Chase17

I don't know why a DBZ fighting game and a Mario/Rabbids crossover are the two games I'm most interested lol.

Nintendo spotlight should be solid just for New Donk City hype, but I hope we get a new Pikmin revealed or something.
I am kind of surprised Dreams wasn't shown at all. I kind of wonder what the deal is with that game. I know they do updates all the time but I feel like Sony has given them an incredibly long leash in terms of producing actual money making content.

Yeah that game has to be in some sort of trouble. I think there was supposed to be beta late last year.

Edit: Didn't even realize Ni No Kuni 2 got a release date. I'm looking forward to that.

I don't know why a DBZ fighting game and a Mario/Rabbids crossover are the two games I'm most interested in but this is where we are.

Nintendo spotlight should be solid just for New Donk City hype, but I hope we get a new Pikmin revealed or something.

Yeah that game has to be in some sort of trouble. I think there was supposed to be beta late last year.

Edit: Didn't even realize Ni No Kuni 2 got a release date. I'm looking forward to that.

Ni No Kuni was in the pre-show along with Undertale PS4 and Vita reveals. The pre-show might have caused the hype for Sony's and one reason why it failed since there was stuff like those games mentioned above, Supermassive's first game, and Crash stuff. Doesn't help Sony's past conferences have been great. Microsoft having some stuff that could have been in Sony's doesn't help like Dragon Ball FighterZ, Metro and Anthem.

I agree that Mario + Rabbids looks surprisingly good. I was more accepting of it than others, but they did a good reveal of it at Ubi's Conference.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh sorry, those were mistakenly tweeted out as this week ratings, not a Tuesday which is why I found it odd that they were already available.

So back to me sucking off Hunter Hunter but I really like how the Phantom Troupe don't really look like anatagonist from a design standpoint(well at least some of them do) they more or less come off like a quirky group of people a la Fairy Tail

latest

Xe4

Banned
So back to me sucking off Hunter Hunter but I really like how the Phantom Troupe don't really look like anatagonist from a design standpoint(well at least some of them do) they more or less come off like a quirky group of people a la Fairy Tail
latest
VVjd1LkF7Ws.jpg

I agree though. When I initially jumped in the middle of the Phantom Troupe Arc, I didn't even realize they were antagonists, initially.

Also, I think that's an updated (or old) picture of the Troupe. It looks pretty different than the current makeup.

caliph95

I agree though. When I initially jumped in the middle of the Phantom Troupe Arc, I didn't even realize they were antagonists, initially.

Also, I think that's an updated (or old) picture of the Troupe. It looks pretty different than the current makeup.
It's from the movie

I can see why people love that Devolver E3 show

VVjd1LkF7Ws.jpg

Better resolution:

Also that grey-haired man in the bg is an anime-movie-only character.

Peeps have said that Togashi had involvement with the film, but I think it was only as far as the couple special chapters he whipped up

Moaradin

Didn't know Kurapica joined the phantom troupe so i guess the ChrolloxKura is true

Also how is the movie

Don't watch the HxH movies.

You can watch the first couple minutes of the Phantom Troupe one since that portion is kinda canon, but outside of that it's not worth it.

Didn't know Kurapica joined the phantom troupe so i guess the ChrolloxKura is true

Also how is the movie

First minutes were alright, but overall not so good imo. I slightly preferred the musicals from 2000-2004 more than it. (They were all written in a similar fanservicey way)

latest
I think the only straight up villain looking dudes are Chrollo, Feitan and Uvo. The rest are just normal looking people for the most part. Chrollo is so over designed that you just look at his line art and go, "yup...that guys evil" he is also Jojo as fuck. Where the fuck is Shizuku? Fuck that movie. At least they kind of fixed Pakunosa.
Don't watch the HxH movies.

You can watch the first couple minutes of the Phantom Troupe one since that portion is kinda canon, but outside of that it's not worth it.
I liked the intro with Killua and found that puppet girl cute, the rest is shit.

Uvogin is the life of the party. I do find it odd how pretty much him, Franklin, Shizuku and Pakunoda are the one easier to reason with...Nobunaga as well. Gon and Killua wouldn't have been able to make nice with Feitan for example. Feitan and Finks are so loyal to the Spiders they were like "Fuck Chrollo" when he got captured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom