• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I thought it was alright. E3s are usually silly and almost never live up to the hype.

Devolver's conference and Mario Rabbids turning out to be good will probably be what I'll remember best from this year. Oh, and those stupid Microsoft shirts.

Ray Down

Banned
KIRBY HAS THE ABILITY MIXING FROM KIRBY 64, BEST KIRBY GAME CONFIRMED

Also omg that Yoshi game looks soooo good, I love that they keep using the "crafts" aesthetics.

Can't believe Xenoblade 2 is still this year.

DAT ODYSSEY TRAILER & IT'S OUT IN OCT.

hot damn, Metroid Prime 4 exists, Metroid continues to live.

As opposed to a CGI trailer that shows no gameplay?

Also, tell that to the Shenmue 3 people. It was a kickstarter. With no gameplay, just saying "hey, Shenmue 3 CAN exist, but you gotta donate money to make it happen"

And that was 10 times better than Metroid, it's way more hyped and treated as a major thing.

I will take CGI over what Nintendo did with both Pokémon and Metroid any day of the week.

cntr

Banned
The thread's already pissed off for no reason, jeez. Glad that we're getting more 2D Metroid.

Bets on how many times people'll have to explain how trademarks and copyright work and why C&Ds have to exist.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The thread's already pissed off for no reason, jeez. Glad that we're getting more 2D Metroid.

Bets on how many times people'll have to explain how trademarks and copyright work and why C&Ds have to exist.

The people WHO OWN THE GAME were making their own remake using their own assets. The only people who don't accept this are those with very fluid property ownership rights.

Line_HTX

It's not just that... I don't think I like the levels, and the horrific pair of eyes on the cap that would otherwise be so cool throwing it as a boomerang weapon.

cntr

Banned
I really like Odyssey too. Not likely to be able to play it anytime soon, but still.

The people WHO OWN THE GAME were making their own remake using their own assets. The only people who don't accept this are those with very fluid property ownership rights.
"But why can't they just leave the fan remake alone and make their own thing?"

It happens every time.

Gamers before Nintendo's spotlight "you know, maybe e3 really isn't needed anymore in an era where we can get info all year round, no way anyone can blow you away with an hour long presser when so much is announced or leaked ahead of time"

Nintendo "hold my beer I only need 25 minutes"

Morlas

i'm a really big fan of that vocal track from Odyssey, also the second half of the year is so stacked for switch
at least on the nintendo side of things.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
While I'm excited for a new 2D Metroid, the art style for Samus Returns is kind of ugly. Not full on terrible but it doesn't really seem to do much for the game.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If there's one thing I've taken from this E3, it's that I'm absolutely sick of Skyrim.

I can't blame them for milking the game because people just keep fucking buying it in all its forms. I'm still waiting for the Skyrim card game or the Skyrim dating simulator.

Nintendo E3 Spotlight was meh.

Don't care for Metroid. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks nice, but it's going full anime with the sword girl lol.
Super Mario Odyssey is bonkers in all the right ways. You can possess a Goomba, a Bullet, and fucking Dinosaur!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2015 was a very mediocre year for 3DS. It was dying down and while I still bought a lot of games for it wasn't anywhere near 2014 or the ridiculous 2013, a year where I'm still playing games from my backlog.

2016 was surprisingly great and just behind 2013 in terms of quality. I expected it to be the last hurrah. 2017 though is making a damn fine show of it though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I almost never visit the gaming side, so the idea that the 3DS is supposed to be dying is news to me lol

3DS sticking around into the future kills the whole point of the Switch. It was always going to be winding down after Switch hit so all of Nintendo's teams could move to supporting the same platform.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everything new announced lately has been a same engine sequel or port by an outside company. The Nintendo you know and love has been making all these Switch games.

cntr

Banned
3DS sticking around into the future kills the whole point of the Switch. It was always going to be winding down after Switch hit so all of Nintendo's teams could move to supporting the same platform.
That doesn't make much sense to me. A Switch isn't as portable as 3DS on a Japanese subway, and that's a market Nintendo won't casually abandon.

Plus, you know, all the bad press from ditching a system. Don't think they'll do that until next gen.

Edit: And what Man God said too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That doesn't make much sense to me. A Switch isn't as portable as 3DS on a Japanese subway, and that's a market Nintendo won't casually abandon.

Plus, you know, all the bad press from ditching a system. Don't think they'll do that until next gen.

Edit: And what Man God said too.

Pokemon wouldn't be moving over to Switch if they weren't in the midst of winding down the 3DS. What ManGod said goes more to my point than yours though, Nintendo would be making games for it themselves if they were going to keep it around for more than just the next year or so.

Also, this is the next gen.

Everything new announced lately has been a same engine sequel or port by an outside company. The Nintendo you know and love has been making all these Switch games.

This

Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga + Bowser Minions is using the same engine of the 3ds m&l games

Metroid Samus Returns is being developed by a 3rd party company

Pokemon ultra sun/moon is using the same engine of sun/moon

Fire emblem echoes used the awakening/fates engine

Lady Layton used the layton 5/6 engine

Only ever oasis is a ground up game made by a 2nd party company, and grezzo has only worked on 3ds zelda ports

None of the major nintendo developers have a main team working on a 3ds title

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DCOysVLUAAIHXxR.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eeehhhhhh, I honestly might skip it, depends on if I have anything I want to focus on, like my NG+ P5 playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom