• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSun

I kinda sorta want to get into Hunter X Hunter, but the amount of episodes and constant hiatus talk is making me second guess that.

Sounds like good shit tho.

Moaradin

I kinda sorta want to get into Hunter X Hunter, but the amount of episodes and constant hiatus talk is making me second guess that.

Sounds like good shit tho.

You can just watch the anime and not worry about it. It has a somewhat conclusive and satisfying ending.

Seda

The hiatuses are giving you (and Toonami) time to catch up~

Getting into something like One Piece seems substantially more daunting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Look at it this way. HxH would need 50 more episodes to equal the number of episodes TOONAMI skipped starting One Piece.

TheFlow

Banned

One piece is one of those things you are better off reading the manga till you catch up then watch the anime.

Toonami should get rid of Gundam/ghost in the shell for something else.

is My hero academia coming to adult swim?

mob psycho would be cool too

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MHA feels like something that'd suit the block, but I feel like at the moment, they'll wait for S2 to finish so they can air them together. Though it doesn't seem to make the top 5 requested whenever DeMarco mentions what gets demanded the most.

MP100 is one of the most requested shows, so it feels like a matter of time at this point.

GitS still has a while, especially if they show 2nd Gig after the first season since there's not much else they've got for the rerun slot for the time being.

Believe me, we all want Gundam's replacement to hurry up & be announced.

The bonus to waiting on MHA is we won't have to deal with any dimming in season 2.

We're sadly gonna have to deal with some dimming in upcoming AOT episodes.

Moaradin

The AoT dimming hasn't really been that noticeable for me. It's definitely a lot more noticeable in MHA though, since that show is a lot more flashy and colorful.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only time I noticed it during AoT was last week when there was some cannons firing, but that's it, & that was something I think most of us caught since it seemed that others caught it as well.

But yeah, MHA, the colors are much more bright & stand out more, so it's easier to catch those moments where they need to ensure nobody gets a seizure or whatever.

Mizerman

guess you say it was a.........

.....dim-witted decision.

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm trying to think of a time where something was dimmed for censorship reasons. Not a beam of light or blacked out, actual dimness.

I know in one version of End of Eva, they cranked the contrast level to 12 to make it insanely hard to see Asuka's chest & Shinji's aftermath of doing....THAT, but I don't think that's "dimming" the scene.

Moaradin

I'm trying to think of a time where something was dimmed for censorship reasons. Not a beam of light or blacked out, actual dimness.

I know in one version of End of Eva, they cranked the contrast level to 12 to make it insanely hard to see Asuka's chest & Shinji's aftermath of doing....THAT, but I don't think that's "dimming" the scene.

So many people post that "I'm so fucked up" picture and don't even realize that there's a visible nipple in it lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So many people post that "I'm so fucked up" picture and don't even realize that there's a visible nipple in it lol
...*looks up pic*

.....holy crap, there is. But could be because it's out of focus/blurry & it's not the first thing you'll likely see.

...........man, I know it won't happen, but having End of Eva on Toonami would make for an amazing group watch.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
...........man, I know it won't happen, but having End of Eva on Toonami would make for an amazing group watch.

qQg9vz.gif

Edit: They could just show the original NGE and then the movies. Those last two episodes would be an interesting group watch.

I think it's worth mentioning that the 8pm airing of Super usually gets 800/900,000 thousand viewers. This week 8pm airing got 879,000.

Makes me wonder what the ratings would look like if people didn't have two choices of when they watch Super.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, that's how I saw the series.

I recall a loonnngggg time ago, they showed the first episode or two on Toonami as part of some "Giant Robot Week", but they were rather edited down.

i know, right? didn't toonami learn its lesson the last time it decided to lead the block with a rerun???

At least Jack is doing consistently well.

I dunno why they would cut into their own ratings like that in the first place.

Toei wouldn't have it any other way, unfortunately.
I really hope they can rework the deal somehow so that 8pm is a rerun slot and 11:30 is the premiere slot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They aired NGE for giant robot week. The first two episodes on TOONAMI.

Then they aired NGE on Adult Swim like a decade after it came out. Still did pretty damn well!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yup, that's how I saw the series.

I recall a loonnngggg time ago, they showed the first episode or two on Toonami as part of some "Giant Robot Week", but they were rather edited down.

Yeah I remember this haha. I had already seen the series and was like,"THEY CUT OUT HIM BREAKING THE ANGELS FOREARMS!" and so many other parts that were just cut out totally.

Then they aired NGE on Adult Swim like a decade after it came out. Still did pretty damn well!

They could probably air it again at this point its been so long. Could even show the new movie versions... well except the last one lol

NGE is probably legend tier at this point. Shit spawned the original fucking waifu war, Rei for life fuck Asuka.

Funny you say that since Rei was made specifically go to against Waifu culture lol
Oh I know. Fission Mailed. If I was an S tier geek I'd have a Rei body pillow.
I don't believe Gainax for a second.

If that was their honest intent they failed miserably.

Also Frau versus Sayla beat them by about twenty years.
Sayla's the only option. Frau had kids and got chunky. Now Mirai? Mirai aged gracefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom