• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
evangelion sux
rvqYkzn.gif

I'm gonna re-watch these Titan episodes so I can better understand what's happening. I was too busy making Wall Worshiper and Beast Titan jokes to pay attention.

The opinion on the opening's song hasn't changed much but the visuals are great.

That ending somehow keeps getting creepier though. I listened to it so much yesterday and had trouble getting to sleep thinking about those images and that distorted sounding singing. I really like it.

I've always seen Eva girls as the ultimate indictment of anime fans. The most messed up girls in existence but because they're total baes people still fawn over them. Not that I actually care.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Everybody just passing up Fuyutski like Shinji's mom.

Technically a lot of people went far out of their way for fucking Shinji's shitty father. I think the amazing part is that seemingly one his biggest driving factors for doing everything was seemingly trying to meet his wife once more.

Technically a lot of people went far out of their way for fucking Shinji's shitty father. I think the amazing part is that seemingly one his biggest driving factors for doing everything was seemingly trying to meet his wife once more.
He loved his wife and cloned wife, just a shitty ass dad that didn't realize shit till he was in a pool of blood missing a hand.
I've always seen Eva girls as the ultimate indictment of anime fans. The most messed up girls in existence but because they're total baes people still fawn over them. Not that I actually care.
Men also fawn over crazy ass women in real life.
If you're in Evangelion, you are either fucked up or plain.
No kidding. Even Ritsuko and Maya were a bit messed up.

Wait, when did that happen again? The End of Eva movie, right?

Yes, right before
Misato got killed from an explosion

Moment I mentioned actually happened in the series itself.
It was after Kaji had died and when Shinji was going through one of his emotional episodes, Misato tried to come on to him. I think it was that episode where they find out about all the Rei clones.

Moment I mentioned actually happened in the series itself.
It was after Kaji had died and when Shinji was going through one of his emotional episodes, Misato tried to come on to him. I think it was that episode where they find out about all the Rei clones.
That last part of one of my favorite reveals. Luckily I don't think he ever really found out what Rei really is.

HStallion

I think people forget that Eva was supposed to be a total deconstruction in all senses of the mecha genre. Shinji was how a kid would react to being asked by his cold abusive absentee father to save what's left of the human race from the most insane monsters imaginable while piloting a giant living killing machine that might be possessed by the spirit of his mother.

cntr

Banned
I don't normally like baseless shipping but Gon and Killua has enough basis to it that they definitely would be a couple if they were older.

evangelion sux
this is true
Do you think that super also being on at 8:00 hurts its toonami ratings any? although i'd say getting 1 mil and 800k views for the same episode twice in a night is still pretty good.

edit: except Pacific Rim that is
Even Pacific Rim failed in the US market. It was a success only because of the international market.

Still want them to make that Pacific Rim prequel series and air it on Toonami.

HStallion

I'd be interested to see how Togashi would write a set of gay shonen protagonists or even better how Japan would react to such a thing. His handling of what I would assume is his take on a
trans character
was sensitive and sweet enough.

Manga is superior to both adaptations, but Ultimate is really goddamn close (the dub even more than the Japanese due to Crispin Freeman da gawd.)

Why must he be a union-only actor ; ;

I'd choose him to be in
JoJo Part 4 as you-know-who - those of you who've watched it/read it

zulux21

I liked the first half of Hellsing Ultimate. And when it was kinda obvious Alucard was super OP, it was also nice when he was absent for two episodes (although for pretty silly reasons) and let other characters shine a bit.

But the ending, Schrodinger stuff, and all that really fell flat to me.

ultimate is my go to show to talk about all flash and no substance.

the second half should have been cool, but everything felt so meaningless.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia has a plausible gay pairing, and the author would be willing to write it and write it well.
It already has a transgender character.

But it's not likely to happen.

cntr

Banned
It's cheap philosophy. I still meet people who say mecha isn't a legitimate genre after Evangelion "deconstructed" it.

(I then, of course, deconstruct them.)

cntr

Banned
I think people forget that Eva was supposed to be a total deconstruction in all senses of the mecha genre. Shinji was how a kid would react to being asked by his cold abusive absentee father to save what's left of the human race from the most insane monsters imaginable while piloting a giant living killing machine that might be possessed by the spirit of his mother.
It doesn't actually make sense as a deconstruction except in the cheapest sense. A deconstruction analyzes the message and world of a genre, and then proceeds to prove it silly.

Evangelion doesn't do that. The EVA protagonists are fucked up not because of mecha, but because the Evangelion world is designed that way. It has absolutely no relevance to the mecha genre other than that it has mecha in it; it doesn't even have the underlying features of what makes a mecha series a mecha series. Even Gurren Lagann's a better example of an analysis and deconstruction (and reconstruction), because it's actually about mecha.

Evangelion exists because Anno was depressed and wanted to make a depressing series. The deconstruction excuse and the philosophy was all rubbish made up later; it doesn't actually make sense. (Because why would the bullshit a depressed pretentious guy writes make sense in the first place?)

Good heavens! How on Earth did it take me until now to watch this?? Been subbed to them and everything. Whew

Anyway, damn it! They didn't talk about the thing I've wanted more HxH trivia videos to talk about...although you couldn't really share it here if that was the case.

It's cheap philosophy. I still meet people who say mecha isn't a legitimate genre after Evangelion "deconstructed" it.

(I then, of course, deconstruct them.)
I myself couldn't even manage to finish the anime. Made it pretty far tho

(You deconstruct the peeps making that claim?)

Might be? That question gets resolved when you find out about Asuka's mother. The only question mark is who is in Eva Unit 0.

I assume a Rei clone.
No, because it has to be a soul, Rei from what I understand does not have a soul and if she does it's probably a fragment of Yui's or something. I have seen theories that say it's Ritsuko's mother inside that thing. The dummy plug system barely seemed to work and Unit 0 went berserk far too often for it to be a competent test bed for the system.

Speaking of Eva has anyone here seen Bokurano, I think its a great series and a better version of Eva

......Please tell me you read it and not watched it. The director hated the story of the manga so he decided to change various important things and sorta completely fucked up the point of the series. But if nothing else the director (Morita) wrote this prior to the show airing "The director of the animated version of Bokurano dislikes the original manga. From here on out, you can't expect the animated version to expand on what you might find appealing in the original. So, fans of the original, please do not watch the animated version from now on" He's right, the animated version did not have what I adored about the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom