• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Hear that, Queen's Blade is for kids! NOW LET'S CELEBRATE BY LETTING LITTLE KIDS WATCH APOCALYPSE ZERO!!!!

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, I've made it 1/3rd towards Demarco's 9,000 challenge after 446,300 "taps" or points

I might actually make it by the week's end, or at the very least, get a decent boost Saturday night since during Toonami, you score double points per tap.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still in shock that stuff like Queen's Blade and Mnemosyne were dubbed. Ballsy Funimation.

Funimation makes huge bank on borderline hentai. They've been doing more and more of it over the past five years when previously they stayed away from anything remotely risque.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Off model, worse than Xenoblade faces, repeated use of the same few frames of animation, and it was still one of the better looking shows of its era! Gundam SEED knew how to style and profile!

Gundam Seed is a curious thing in that it's sort of reviled here in the US, but it's loved in Japan.

People frequently vote Kira Yamato as the best Gundam character in polls.

Off model, worse than Xenoblade faces, repeated use of the same few frames of animation, and it was still one of the better looking shows of its era! Gundam SEED knew how to style and profile!

The derpy looking one is actually the Remastered version of the scene. SEED was alright, Destiny was pretty terrible. Both were basically AU fanfics of MSG and Zeta.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was by far the biggest thing to happen to Gundam in 15 years. It has crazy crossover appeal, aimed broadly with its soap operatic instead of space operatic plot, and is wildly compelling in a way much better shows only wish they had.

It's a show that understands the power of cliffhangers, pop music openings and endings, good looking teenagers doing things good looking teenagers do, even if sometimes off model, the power of catering to as wide an audience as possible. The specifics of plot don't matter if ten episodes in you say "I can't wait to see what happens next week" or even worse, if you've got the entire series in front of you you'll just watch the whole sordid affair.

The sequel series is even more compelling in how far over the top it'll go. Can we make the most unlikeable protagonist in anime history? Yes, we can! Is he even really the protagonist? Nope, but people will think he is. Will he get his comeuppance? Probably not this week or the next, but tune in! How large will Athrun's harem get? Pretty large!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Athrun Zala might be the worst Gundam character ever.

Literally nothing is good about that character.

Athrun is just trying to do the right thing and needs to figure that shit out for himself. I feel for the dude actually, always have.

Gundam would probably be bigger over here if Bandai of America's original plan of airing Gundam X after Wing finished its run followed through but Bandai of Japan was like; 'No shut up, air the original MSG tho.'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gundam X is worse than MSG.

Either one being on the air in a kid's afternoon block on and after SEPTEMBER 11th, 2001 would have been a fatal blow.

SEED did okay on weekend TOONAMI. G Gundam did not do awful on weekday TOONAMI.

The only show that did fantastic was Wing. 08th MS and 0083 did well on nights.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gundam X is worse than MSG.

Either one being on the air in a kid's afternoon block on and after SEPTEMBER 11th, 2001 would have been a fatal blow.

SEED did okay on weekend TOONAMI. G Gundam did not do awful on weekday TOONAMI.

The only show that did fantastic was Wing. 08th MS and 0083 did well on nights.

G was god-like.

So Zonic, how do you do most of your tapping? Do you just like put the phone at your side and tap while doing something else? Or do you concentrate solely on tapping?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Zonic, how do you do most of your tapping? Do you just like put the phone at your side and tap while doing something else? Or do you concentrate solely on tapping?
A mix of both, but usually the former. Might type with one hand while tapping with the other, or just watch some TV or YouTube to help pass the time. Or I'll hold it in one hand to tap with my thumb while I do other things around the house. I also alternate between one thumb, both thumbs, or two fingers. 3 fingers at once is a bit hard due to my phone's screen size & the icon size.

Also, according to the Toonami App webpage, there are over 974,000 signal taps.....I am at over 580,000. So basically, I'm contributing about 59.5% of the total amount, I want to say?

Actually, by that logic, wouldn't that mean I'm in the lead since I'm contributing the highest percentage?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really, the only time I haven't been tapping is while sleeping, at work, or at class. Heck, assuming the roads aren't busy, I even tap while driving.

Though the weird thing is, if I'm in (I would assume) the lead, why is Mountain Time 1st for "TOP SIGNAL STRENGTH BY REGION" when I'm Eastern? Guess it's by how many people are doing it?

Either way, if my total tap amount makes up for almost 60% of the combined total signal taps of all the app users, then I guess that should be a sign I'm in the lead & the closest towards hitting 9,000 first.

Made it past 3,700, probably gonna have to stop soon since I have to head to work, maybe a few more levels while I drive.

Edit: closing in on 600,000 "taps", so yeah, I think as long as I contribute over 50% of the combined total of signal taps, that should be a sign I'm in the lead, considering right now, my taps make up almost 61% of the overall total.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Really, the only time I haven't been tapping is while sleeping, at work, or at class. Heck, assuming the roads aren't busy, I even tap while driving.

Though the weird thing is, if I'm in (I would assume) the lead, why is Mountain Time 1st for "TOP SIGNAL STRENGTH BY REGION" when I'm Eastern? Guess it's by how many people are doing it?

Either way, if my total tap amount makes up for almost 60% of the combined total signal taps of all the app users, then I guess that should be a sign I'm in the lead & the closest towards hitting 9,000 first.

Made it past 3,700, probably gonna have to stop soon since I have to head to work, maybe a few more levels while I drive.

NTkYHGe.gif

Mizerman

Edit: closing in on 600,000 "taps", so yeah, I think as long as I contribute over 50% of the combined total of signal taps, that should be a sign I'm in the lead, considering right now, my taps make up almost 61% of the overall total.

Damn.

That determination.

Top Bottom