• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
fsjdtsN.gif

ckohler

Here are my (late) reviews!

Intruder II - I like that they saved this week's installment for the commercial break. It helps further build up excitement. How funny would it be if the Intruder turns out to be TOM 4.0 turned evil just so DeMarco has an excuse to blow him up. Heh. Rating: Signal received

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - Maybe Freeza should have dodged that house sized attack? I dunno. I also seriously question if Goku just sticking his hands into the air can somewhow suck a bit of life force from 99% of the universe. Who am I kidding... this show is silly when it comes to abilities. I honestly forgot that Krillin got blown up. It was worth it to see Goku's epic reaction. I love seeing him get pissed off. Now Goku, wipe the dirt with that smug ass Freeza, please. A really amazing episode. Rating: Drastic Landscaping

Akame ga Kill - Okay, the Gimp outfit guy is a fun character even if they are pounding his "he's really a nice guy" shtick into the ground. They keep mentioning dangerbeasts... like... 400 times. This show's biggest issue may be that it constantly undercuts it's own dramatic tension with terrible attempts at humor. One nice thing I don't mind seeing more of is Esdeath. She is pretty hot. Too bad her character is ruined by making her fall for that bore Tatsumi. Rating: Ding Dong

Parasyte - It was a little frustrating that Shinichi didn't just tell his dad about Migi at this point but I suppose it could be more dangerous for him to know. So... Shinichi has super powers now. Meh. I guess Migi altering his body chemistry or something makes as much sense as anything else. The new girl is a real cutie, btw. Overall, this continues to be my favorite show on the block. It's really enjoyable. Rating: ♪ Watch out! Here comes the Spider-Man ♪

Michiko & Hatchin - I noticed that the animation in this episode was very different looking. It looked good, and very fluid, but the characters appeared kinda off model. I'm guessing they had a guest animation director come in for this one. As for the story, I'm still not feeling it. It's not bad or anything. It's just not my tastes. That dude who kidnapped Hatchin better not hurt her. That guy (and most of the characters) are real scum however, I do like the afro police woman. She seems mostly sane. And Hatchin of course. Rating: Sort of a Train Wreck

Naruto: Shippuden - This "winding down" episode was slooow. It felt like an hour long. Lots of boring exposition. The Shogi game was nice, though. I liked the payoff from the previous scenes. Why does Sakura always have to be such a bitch? Naruto wasn't even being dumb or annoying this time and she was still giving him shit. Not a great episode. Is this upcoming filler the "better than canon" type or the "who wrote this fan-fic" type? Rating: That Woman™

One Piece - I didn't mind the new ship being CG. It looked good. I love how colorful it is. How exactly is Garp such a badass, btw. I don't get any indication that he's a devil fruit user. The overabundance of flashbacks was a bit tiresome but that Usopp redemption scene was worth it... even with those nightmare faces they made. Rating: The World According to Garp

KLL la KILL - Sanageyama is a fun character. He could have really easily been the typical annoying "bully jock" trope but he actually has a pretty decent little character arc. I also like how Ryuko is still getting her ass handed to her in these early episodes. Next week is one of my favorites. Rating: MEN! DOU! KOTE!

Naruto: Shippuden - This "winding down" episode was slooow. It felt like an hour long. Lots of boring exposition. The Shogi game was nice, though. I liked the payoff from the previous scenes. Why does Sakura always have to be such a bitch? Naruto wasn't even being dumb or annoying this time and she was still giving him shit. Not a great episode. Is this upcoming filler the "better than canon" type or the "who wrote this fan-fic" type? Rating: That Woman™

It's "could have been decent if it was half as long" filler. You'll learn to hate the phrase "a place to go back to". Or however they translate that.

Seda

"A place to go back to"
"A place to return to"
"Wherever somebody is thinking of you, that place is your home"

Multiplied by ... a lot

It's bad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece - I didn't mind the new ship being CG. It looked good. I love how colorful it is. How exactly is Garp such a badass, btw. I don't get any indication that he's a devil fruit user. The overabundance of flashbacks was a bit tiresome but that Usopp redemption scene was worth it... even with those nightmare faces they made. Rating: The World According to Garp

You don't need a devil fruit to be a total badass. We saw one way to be super strong with CP9's physical abilities and there's another we get introduced to much later on (it's already been hinted at in the series) that explains how a normal dude can be crazy strong. Remember that Hawkeye is just a dude with a sword and he cut an entire ship in half.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need a devil fruit to be a total badass. We saw one way to be super strong with CP9's physical abilities and there's another we get introduced to much later on (it's already been hinted at in the series) that explains how a normal dude can be crazy strong. Remember that Hawkeye is just a dude with a sword and he cut an entire ship in half.

Yeah, there are a bunch of No DF badasses.

Garp
Mihawk
Shanks (maybe)
Zoro
Sanji
Usopp :D

Looks like great numbers all around.

DBZ didn't break 2 mil, but I really wasn't expecting it to. Though the fight between Goku and Frieza will make sure people hang around.

Line_HTX

Damn, close to millions all around.

That Michiko episode was so good. It harkens me back to the old eps of Bebop or Wolf's Rain of that nature where you feel the emotions just from the insert song.

Kind of wish they made it clearer the relationship between Atsuko and Michiko like many have said.

CTnua_9UcAEgFnM.jpg:large

How you like these pentamillion ratings.

Esdeath's tattoo definitely looks like the Toonami logo, LOLOLOL

Puruzi

Banned
Why so?

All I know about is it was in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax & I think one of the assists was a girl from that....who was 10(?!) years old.

The main girl is like, 10 and she's madly in love with the main guy. He's older.

There's occasional loli fanservice. Some of the fights were cool though

Why so?

All I know about is it was in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax & I think one of the assists was a girl from that....who was 10(?!) years old.

Isn't Black Bullet the show where the MC has a harem of little girls?

Basically in the world of black bullet giant bug/monster things have wiped out most of humanity and survivors live behind giant black obelisk in the few remaining cities including new tokyo where the story takes place. After the apocalypse happen many girls were born with some of the monsters powers making them super strong, they are partnered with skilled soldiers to protect the cities from the smaller monsters that get into the city. If the little girls use too much of their monster power they turn into monsters themselves which is why they're paired with normal humans usually male as men can't have this monster power.

The mc in the show has 3/4 primary girls in his harem, two of which are loli's the other two are more appropriately aged. Though to be fair the mc never shows any interest towards the loli girls its more a one sided crush. The series hints him more having feelings towards his boss the big boobed chick you see in the artwork
till she goes crazy psycho in the finale teasing future plot developments we'll likely never see

ckohler

What are the chances of One Punch Man coming to Toonami? I haven't watched an episode yet but from what I've seen it looks like a good fit of high action and comedy.

Grexeno

What are the chances of One Punch Man coming to Toonami? I haven't watched an episode yet but from what I've seen it looks like a good fit of high action and comedy.
Not as good a shot as you might think. Viz is dubbing so it'll probably be a Hulu-exclusive dub

Line_HTX

CT-Z8jqUAAA88y3.jpg:large

Aww shiet... Lost Song is finally out today! I hope Cornbread doubledipped and got bonuses for both the booklet and the free download of Re: Hollow Fragment, hahaha

Top Bottom