• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Regiruler

Well, if we're going by hinting, then Adventure Time had lesbians well before Steven Universe. Recent episodes don't explicitly make two characters (
Marceline and Bubblegum
) lesbians, but they strongly hint it, retroactively making the earlier weaker hints stronger.

As for other cartoons, there was, of course, Korra, and My Little Pony had two characters who were considered a couple by fans basically go, "Yup, we sure are just best friends," while lovingly staring into each others eyes.

whyyy

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Briliant!"

kishi found out that a pipularity poll revealed that people preferred hinata over sakura believe it or not

Japan seems to prefer the shy girls over the loud abrasive ones.

Then again, most American fans seem to prefer Hinata, mostly because Kishi just dropped the ball on Sakura.

Naruto getting excited about being around Sakura???
giphy.gif

Raxus

Oh my god, that's horrible.

Worse. Basically it is a fanfiction with kid naruto and pals doing what if scenarios with shippuden characters mixed in. As an extra fuck you the past two openings have featured a character not introduced (I believe) yet and it is unlikely we will get to said character until next year. This WHOLE year we have had 8 canon episodes. That is 2 months of canon and 10 months of filler.

Let that sink in....

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
i missed this brilliant thing

All the One Piece bumps during Intruder II end with the Franky Family guy saying "BRILLIANT!". Usually in stark contrast to whatever ridiculous thing a One Piece character just said in the bump.

Moaradin

Then again, most American fans seem to prefer Hinata, mostly because Kishi just dropped the ball on Sakura.

Fans prefer the chick where her only defining trait is that she has a crush on the main character. How surprising.

Grexeno

Worse. Basically it is a fanfiction with kid naruto and pals doing what if scenarios with shippuden characters mixed in. As an extra fuck you the past two openings have featured a character not introduced (I believe) yet and it is unlikely we will get to said character until next year. This WHOLE year we have had 8 canon episodes. That is 2 months of canon and 10 months of filler.

Let that sink in....
0xzYD63.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Let that sink in....

Pierrot: THIS GRAVY TRAIN MUST ROLL! MORE FILLER! MOOOORE!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fans prefer the chick where her only defining trait is that she has a crush on the main character. How surprising.

Honestly, its probably more for her arc during the chunin exams.

Also, you could say exactly the same about Sakura. That's her to a T, only even worse.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD.

I JUST REALIZED. ALL THE TIMES WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO HEAR RAINBOW STAR DURING THE OP MARATHON.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Crocodile

"Briliant!"

Let's be real here. This isn't a case of "oh Japan and their shy waifus" so much as Sakura SSSSSSUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSS so Hinata wins by default by most reasonable metrics.

I hate you Rainbow Star.

I hate your dumb lyrics.

I hate your boring animation.

I hate how long I've had to listen to you.

I hate you Rainbow Star.

Moaradin

Honestly, its probably more for her arc during the chunin exams.

Also, you could say exactly the same about Sakura. That's her to a T, only even worse.

Let's be real here. This isn't a case of "oh Japan and their shy waifus" so much as Sakura SSSSSSUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSS so Hinata wins by default by most reasonable metrics.

Now imagine if Hinata was in Sakura's role. Her shtick would get pretty old.

Kishi just sucks at writing characters. Female characters are even worse.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD.

I JUST REALIZED HOW MANY TIMES WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS OPENING DIALOGUE DURING THE OP MARATHON.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Its more that Hinata has a character and has goals unlike Sakuras whos only defining trait is having a crush on the bad boy rival character and legit nothing else.
Hinatas got the whole Hyuga baggage with her.

Top Bottom