• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Mizerman

Guys, I got utterly fucked. One of the power lines near my house actually goddamn exploded and ive been without power for almost 3 and a half hours. They barely came back right now 5 minutes before the KLK episode ended. lol Oh well. I'll catch up on Toonami later. See ya next week, ToonamiGAF.

Damn.

Well, at least there are no injuries.

We're getting two marathons next month, even if its of pretty good shows.

At the very least, I will have acquired a PS4 around that time.

Jarate

Banned
Man I sure do love sitting in a parking lot for an hournand a half because the truck that's in the wave before mine is an hour and a half late

I could've been watching shitty cartoons with everyone instead of this shit :/

I'm gonna be going for my cdl soon, so when I start to go to school for it I can watch Asian cartoons with everyone again

Line_HTX

Before I tell you the second way, let me hug you with my breasts.

No appreciation about the arts.

Hunting clan specializing in killing Danger Beasts.

Listen to my backstory.

Young Esdeath is silly. Natural hunter.

Eat or be eaten.

Tough, cold world. The weak become prey.

Village in fire. Chief got overwhelmed.

Never become the prey.

Her Imperial Arms is the Toonami tattoo on her chest.

Drink and obtain the ice skill.

No reason not to chug all of it.

I WILL ALWAYS BE ON TOP, NO MATTER WHAT GETS IN MY WAY.

She enjoys torturing you, Tatsumi. Take it, boy. She's the Boss of this Gym.

Huh? Scuse me, bitch?

LMAO I'M LAUGHING SO HARD AT SYURA. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT...

Those few seconds to get invisible.

Fate will bring him back to me.

Next time we meet, it'll be as enemies.

Line_HTX

Guys, I got utterly fucked. One of the power lines near my house actually goddamn exploded and ive been without power for almost 3 and a half hours. They barely came back right now 5 minutes before the KLK episode ended. lol Oh well. I'll catch up on Toonami later. See ya next week, ToonamiGAF.
Yeah it was actually kinda scary hahah. Shit was super near my room and it lit up the sky for a bit.

Wow, that's scary as fuck. Glad to hear you're alright. Was it like a flashbang outside?

Hopefully you got everything in tact now and you're safe. Puts things in perspective, as I feel lucky to only have my laptop die and not worry about safety issues outside. I don't feel as bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People...don't like Naruto filler?

kzPn0CO.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, only one thing to do at 4 o clock in the morning.

........get on my exercise bike & catch up with some anime like One Punch Man.

Concerning Luffy's mother, I'm expecting it to be like in Naruto and Negima, where she is never brought up until a flashback where it's revealed that she was super important and it makes zero sense that she was never brought up before.

Nah. Oda's too good of a writer to introduce Luffy's mom in a way like that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. One of the rare nights where I wasn't bored. Well, "bored" in that I wanted to fall asleep.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
"I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" Funimation knew that moment was so awesome they actually had Goku use his full name.
Here's the scene with Yamamoto's music. The original DBZ music is good, but Toei did a poor job mixing it with the right scenes. Hence we tend to hear the same songs over and over.

Intruder II:
Props to Toonami for getting Sonny Strait to reprise TOM 1.0.
Yeah, it was an obvious twist, but it's still hype as hell.

Akame ga Kill:
DID WE MENTION ESDEATH HAS TITS? LOOK, WE EVEN PUT HER IMPERIAL ARM ON HER CHEST SO YOU CAN ALWAYS NOTICE!
This chapter was stupid in the manga, and it's stupid here.
"Excuse me bitch?" was hilarious though. I hope there's a YouTube clip of that.
Manga spoiler:
Syura there is also a serial rapist, and is in charge of the team of serial rapists that have been mentioned before. Thankfully, they don't show up in the anime

Parasyte:
Seems Shinichi isn't alone in dealing with his type of parasyte. I like Uda and his jaw friend.
I noticed Shinichi's voice acting isn't so horrible now. The director probably tried to make him "awkward and nerdy" but fucked it up. Now that he's Spider-Man, he doesn't sound as bad.

Michiko & Hatchin:
That was actually really cool. No wonder Satoshi has survived so much, he's a ruthless motherfucker.
Impressive that Hatchin can handle her own too, and she's finally seeing that Hiroshi isn't worth it.

Naruto: Shippuden:
While there were still canon elements, the filler is starting to show its face. I'm not liking it.

One Piece:
Thousand Sunny! With a cola-powered rocket! Sunny the best!
We also get worldwide reactions. So many characters we haven't seen in ages.

Line_HTX

I just noticed the title change. Man, I was laughing so hard for a good 10 minutes.

That was straight out of Boondocks territory. Pimp smack and everything. Didn't hear the rest of his dialogue because too busy laughing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So there's only one more One Piece canon episode (in two weeks) before some filler right?

Yep and oh boy does shit go down.

Yikes, that sounds crazy.

Finally caught up on everything from last night

DBZ Kai

What more can be said about SSJ Goku vs Freeza? Decades later this fight is still fantastic and is the golden standard that all fights in anime/manga compare to. It's a shame we lost the plagiarized music as Toei's quick solution doesn't have the same impact as it should. Say what you will about the old Falconer score his music never shut up but for the scenes it needed to get it got very well.

Akame Ga Kill

EsDeath's back story does a good job justifying why she's legit crazy even if it is a bit too simplistic and generic. Then again it's not like AgK's writing is ever that complex and compared to some of the other back stories in the series EsDeath's is one of the better ones imo. Syura's dub VA is by far the biggest miscast I've seen in a dubbed anime in a long time, though his "scuse me bitch" was hilarious, thankfully his role in the anime is pretty minimized so we won't have to deal with him much.

Parasyte

This is when the series really starts, Sinichi becomes a complete bad ass and is now a legitimate threat to other parasyte. Hard to comment much without giving away latter plot points so I'll comment on Sentai's twitter account instead. Sentai clearly gets their audience and it isn't us, it's the anime fans who legitimately think SAO is one of the "smartest anime in years". Say what you will about the quality of their dubs or the shows they license having a partner like them is only good for Toonami. No other dub company goes that far to advertise their shows on social media and having the interactive things like the twilight team voting thing while silly/dumb is effective to get people invested and talking about the show.

Michiko & Hatchin

It's a shame things are finally starting to get interesting so close to the finale as for me it's almost too little too late. I did like Hatchin seeing some of Michiko in Satoshi in the way they talk about Hiroshi and the way they talk about him. The action scene at the end was exciting and you feel something genuine when Satoshi says he believes his old friend can hold his breath for 10 minutes and is a bit sad when he dies.

Naruto Shippuden

It's amazing how you can almost check mark a Naruto filler arc at this point, the only positive being that it focuses on Hinata and her team who are all infinitely more interesting then Naruto and his team. Some of the comedy was amusing with Konohamaru and the ramen eating scene though I feel their was a dub flub there. Naruto says it's hard to eat with his left hand cause his right hand is in a cast, later Sakura tells Kakashi "it's hard for Naruto to eat with his right hand". I dunno if I missed the "without" in her statement or if it was just a muck up on Viz's part.

One Piece

The Thousand Sunny is an amazing ship and seeing all the old characters along with teases of new characters and their reactions to what the Straw Hats did does a great job of making the One Piece world feel alive. Franky and Sunny are great additions to the cast and I'm really excited to see how the dub handles some of the scenes in the upcoming canon arc.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So there's only one more One Piece canon episode (in two weeks) before some filler right?

Like others said, just to be clear, the next episode of One Piece finally marks the ultimate end of the CP9 Saga and is the official first episode of the next MASSIVE saga.

One that will run for at least the next 4 years on Toonami, assuming the series isn't dropped before then. :D

To put that in perspective, the entire CP9 Saga began on Toonami in October 2013. So this next saga is more than TWICE as long as what we just went through.

Seda

Like others said, just to be clear, the next episode of One Piece finally marks the ultimate end of the CP9 Saga and is the official first episode of the next MASSIVE saga.

One that will run for at least the next 4 years on Toonami, assuming the series isn't dropped before then. :D

cool

Who knows if Toonami will still exist in 4 years

To put that in perspective, the entire CP9 Saga began on Toonami in October 2013. So this next saga is more than TWICE as long as what we just went through.

Man OP really needs a kai edit

Even if it does get one, it would still be like 400 episodes

Which is fine considering how much content this show covers. It'd really improve the pacing among other things the show really suffers from.

Ennies Lobby is the point where you really start to notice that the pacing gets considerably worse and things really start to drag.

Grexeno

There are some absolutely insane, legendary moments and arcs in those 4 years.

Oh man, Zoro fights
Pica for what feels like 40 episodes before it ends in the anime.

So yeah, One Piece could probably use a kai edit.

Grexeno

Oh man, Zoro fights
Pica for what feels like 40 episodes before it ends in the anime.

So yeah, One Piece could probably use a kai edit.
That's because it happens essentially in the background for quite a while. It isn't actually focused on until the last 2 episodes.

Regiruler

I haven't watched one piece since it's been moved to the back of the (non-rerun) block, can someone summarize what has happened since then.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I haven't watched one piece since it's been moved to the back of the (non-rerun) block, can someone summarize what has happened since then.
They didn't find one piece.

Robin left, but came back.

Usopp left, but came back.

The boat left, but Franky came back with a new one.

They left Water 7 & won't come back

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I had to check when exactly that schedule change happened. Turns out it was February 7. That's basically the entire second half of Enies Lobby, plus the entire Water 7 Reprise.

C'mon now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

This is incorrect, the next saga is not the same as the one you are thinking of.

Top Bottom