• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Seda

Line is a mean person and a huge bully with shit taste in fighting game characters, anime, and sports teams.

o2OJH6U.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I stand behind line, like I stand behind all of you. The will of non-canon™ burns through as all, until returning to the status quo just before canon restarts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I am trying to figure out how insane the thinking should be. Is the line something like Madoka Magicka coming to Toonami or even more insane like a Toonami revival of Black Dynamite?

Something absolutely brand new would be impossible to guess, ala Space Dandy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, the thing is IBO on Toonami isn't unexpected, nor is DBS, Jojo, Dimension W or even My Hero Academia. Some are unlikely due to circumstance but I don't think that is what Demarco is going for here. It seems to be more total curveball that you just will not think about.

Yea, the thing is IBO on Toonami isn't unexpected, nor is DBS, Jojo, Dimension W or even My Hero Academia. Some are unlikely due to circumstance but I don't think that is what Demarco is going for here. It seems to be more total curveball that you just will not think about.

subbed anime finally coming to toonami

Realistically it's either something that isn't currently announced yet that's completely original, or DeMarco is doing pr hype and its something someone has already guessed.

The other times he hyped something big they ended up being DBZ Kai, One Piece, the Sentai shows, and Space Dandy. He's got a fairly good reputation when it comes to hyping stuff.

Space Dandy is the only big thing on that list.

Followed by the Sentai shows because they're at least premiers of their dubs.

Most of Toonami is stuff that's old and available elsewhere for a while (even if you limit yourself to the dub versions of Naturo, Kai, OP).

A before Japan (by more than hours) release or original series is the only thing that could really be considered "big", if the block had multiple (or a majority) of those, it might elevate it out of the niche of a block where people rewatch stuff they've seen in Japanese (if they're in the niche of people who are willing to watch anime and also willing to watch it dubbed).

Line_HTX

Toonami needs to expand the block again and keep it that way. Damn TV executives refuse to see that the numbers will be there consistently.

well, so much for Toonami......

Hunter X Hunter starts streaming on Hulu on the 1st of December. It's not dubbed, but I'm sure this is the sign of an exclusive.

Moaradin

Dimension W is easily something I can see having another Space Dandy situation. Isn't Funimation actually producing it? It will probably get an English dub around the same time or before the Japanese dub.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Space Dandy is the only big thing on that list.

Followed by the Sentai shows because they're at least premiers of their dubs.

Most of Toonami is stuff that's old and available elsewhere for a while (even if you limit yourself to the dub versions of Naturo, Kai, OP).

A before Japan (by more than hours) release or original series is the only thing that could really be considered "big", if the block had multiple (or a majority) of those, it might elevate it out of the niche of a block where people rewatch stuff they've seen in Japanese (if they're in the niche of people who are willing to watch anime and also willing to watch it dubbed).

DBZ Kai is clearly the biggest thing to ever happen to TOONAMI. It's uncut (save the openings and endings) for the first time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still trying to figure out how Full Metal Panic never got a rn on television back in the boom period.

Very few ADV dubbed shows ever made the air for whatever reason. Maybe they had part of the tv rights that they wouldn't give up or something.

Top Bottom