• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ves28yf.gif

So I just got home from Creed.

So damn good. Great action, soundtrack, acting, directing. Everything about this movie is damn amazing.

Go see it, y'all.

Luke from Tales of the Abyss is a terrible human being.
latest

You know how it's common for some JRPG protagonist to be a guy who is gruff, but still saves everyone because he's a good person deep down?

Well Luke is kinda the opposite of that.

Luke
eventually is put on a quest to save minors who are being poisoned.

And he acts all gung ho about saving people, not because he really wants to, but because he thinks it'll earn him respect. Enough respect that people won't be able to tell him no, and he can do whatever he wants.

But then he gets to the mine, and just want to get it over with. He doesn't want to help anyone. He looks at the dying miners like a bored teen looks at his phone. He acts like touching a sick miner would get him sick, and avoids doing any heavy lifting FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DYING! DYING HARD!

He's terrible! He's genuinely a bad person!

Seda

Luke is probably one of the most dynamic Tales main protags (in that I mean his demeanor, personality, values change from the game's onset to credits).

It's not necessarily handled well, but there's.... more to see.

I like Daredevil more honestly. I really appreciate what Jessica Jones is trying to do, but I don't think it's nearly as successful.

Both are high quality, but for me, I think JJ edges out slightly for being more psychologically fascinating with some of the cast.
Also David Tennant steals every scene he's in.

Luke is probably one of the most dynamic Tales main protags (in that I mean his demeanor, personality, values change from the game's onset to credits).

That's how I feel. His character development is drastic, but its not really well done in spots.

Yep, Luke's probably my favorite Tales protagonist in terms of his story arc being far more interesting then any other Tales lead. Can't really judge him until you finish the game. Yuri's the best lead though but he doesn't have much of an arc by comparison.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
He's terrible! He's genuinely a bad person!
This is a very intentional and founding thematic of Abyss' story. You're supposed to hate him!

Yep, Luke's probably my favorite Tales protagonist in terms of his story arc being far more interesting then any other Tales lead. Can't really judge him until you finish the game. Yuri's the best lead though but he doesn't have much of an arc by comparison.

Yuri is the type of hero who's character arc occurred before the game story began and is only briefly touched upon via Flynn's references. Thus we get the hero who is already the hero, which is one of the reasons he's so well liked and works so well in the story (and really now, the usual "Tales of" attempts at character arcs/hero building are never the most sure-fire thing, so skipping it is almost a blessing in disguise).

This is a very intentional and founding thematic of Abyss' story. You're supposed to hate him!

Yuri is the type of hero who's character arc occurred before the game story began and is only briefly touched upon via Flynn's references. Thus we get the hero who is already the hero, which is one of the reasons he's so well liked and works so well in the story (and really now, the usual "Tales of" attempts at character arcs/hero building are never the most sure-fire thing, so skipping it is almost a blessing in disguise).

Right, Yuri's role in the plot is to help the other party members grow around him
and to violently murder people the law can't touch

Soulflarz

Banned
Yuri Lowell is amazing in every way and is by a mile the best tales of protagonist.

However, Namco had the opportunity to make an easy joke with making Yuri Lownethal his VA, but instead they went with the ever so excellent Troy Baker, so it all washes out I guess.

Slightly related: Guys, you can choose Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as the voice for your female avatar in XBX. I usually never make female avatars but you guys, the Major kicking alien butt on a different planet. So tempting. I dunno what to do.

Line_HTX

Slightly related: Guys, you can choose Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as the voice for your female avatar in XBX. I usually never make female avatars but you guys, the Major kicking alien butt on a different planet. So tempting. I dunno what to do.

Do it. Do it.

If she kicks ass, then you do it.

You know what to do friend.

tumblr_n7744xGrW31tzixowo1_500.gif

So are you guys going to jump into the next "Let's Watch" with us for Mirrai Nikki? It's got a pretty good dub, and it's right up your alley.... Yandere girls rock..

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_(TV)?q=future

Im gonna put this in the nicest way possible in that i lost a part of myself when i watched this show and i don't think i can survive a repeat viewing.

That girl right there, Kurumi, is the best part about Date A Live.

The fact that she doesn't appear enough, not that she doesn't appear, but that she isn't in the second season enough is why people don't like it too much.

Date A Live is a fairly generic harem show however. It has some decent action I suppose at times.

It's not bad, it's just not great either.

That girl right there, Kurumi, is the best part about Date A Live.

The fact that she doesn't appear enough, not that she doesn't appear, but that she isn't in the second season enough is why people don't like it too much.

Date A Live is a fairly generic harem show however. It has some decent action I suppose at times.

It's not bad, it's just not great either.

Oh its DAL? Nvm that show was zzz

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Spike from Cowboy Bebop has heterochromia.

Also Kakashi from Naruto.

& Maki from Darker than Black.

Oh and Urumi Kanzaki from Great Teacher Onizuka.

Lelouch from Code Geass.

Not an anime, but Yuna from Final Fantasy X as well.

Top Bottom