• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Seda

I can imagine DeMarco coming to Toonami gaf once, and then leaving in disgust.

Jason was once asked on his ask.fm if he was aware of this thread, to which he said 'yes but I don't have time to read it' (paraphrased), which is believable.

During this year's Momocon panel, one of the Adult Swim audio engineers tweeted about commentary in this thread, specifically to Grexeno criticizing the poor stream audio, and he included a screencap and everything.

So, in short, that staff are aware of us and will read us from time to time.

Pretty sure it's been said he reads our reactions?

Jason was once asked on his ask.fm if he was aware of this thread, to which he said 'yes but I don't have time to read it' (paraphrased), which is believable.

During this year's Momocon panel, one of the Adult Swim audio engineers tweeted about commentary in this thread, specifically to Grexeno criticizing the poor stream audio, and he included a screencap and everything.

So, in short, that staff are aware of us and will read us from time to time.

Do....do we want to be known?

Oh yeah, Brent!

76725.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Goku starts charging up his Imperial Arms-err-Spirit Bomb to take down Frieza in one last ditch attack, Night Raid sets up a new hideout and Tatsumi gets acquainted with the new recruits, Shinichi continues to be targeted by parasites all over the place including the place he would least expect it, Michiko and Hatchin come across another old associate of Hiroshi as they continue on their journey, Shikamaru wraps things up with Hidan while Naruto attempts to take down Kakuzu with his newly mastered Rasen Shuriken, Luffy has the man he wants as his new shipwright by the balls, and Tsumugu has just two things to say to Ryuko Matoi.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 46 - The Final Trump Card! Goku's Ultimate Spirit Bomb!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 12 - Kill the New Recruits
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 5 - The Stranger
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 18 - The Fool's Ballistic Samba
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 88 - Wind Style: Rasen Shuriken!
2:30 - One Piece - 322 - Goodbye My Dear Underlings! Franky Departs!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 5 - Trigger

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AW YEAH, A MAQUETTE.

.............*googles maquette*.....

"A maquette (French word for scale model, sometimes referred to by the Italian names plastico or modello) is a small scale model or rough draft of an unfinished sculpture. An equivalent term is bozzetto, from the Italian word that means "sketch"."

........AW YEAH, A SMALL SCALE MODEL OF TOM.

Also, DeMarco said I'll be only one of 4 or 5 people to own this thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All my love has come back in trophy maquette form.

DeMarco said it would take a while, but the staff would reach out to me to keep me updated on the process.

Also wow, that Akame ga Kill episode title must've been named by Toei.

MORE LIKE FRANKY DEPANTS....ED.....

Edit: That was nice of DeMarco. The guy who was trailing behind me on Twitter was SOOOO close, that he's gonna give him a prize for reaching 9,000 as well. Kind of felt bad he was so close considering that was what I was fearing would happen to me, so nice to see he didn't leave from this content empty handed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
RIP GAF homepage
Oh god, yeah, I saw that & my eyes were hurting so much.

Also, holy crap, I was told Dr. Stylish was voiced by Jay Hickman, who also did Mechazawa in Cromartie High (WUT), Watanabe in Excel Saga, & Tetsu "Papa" Asahina in Abenobashi.

Man, Sentai, do you just....not understand the talent you guys are able to hire?

:O Nice job, Zonic!
Haha, I was tempted to avatar quote you there.

Grats Zonic. What will you do now?
NOT TOUCH MY PHONE FOR A FEW DAYS. I held that thing for so long, & it was starting to get rather hot (like, 140*F according to my app). I think it needed more rest than me, as it was starting to slow down trying to accept all my tapping. I also got my Superbeat Xonic LE yesterday, so I'm finally playing that.

Appreciate the congrats from everyone.

EDIT: Congrats Zonic! seems like the tapping was well worth a custom TOM 5 statue.

I cannot find both Akame Ga Kill and Parasyte's episodes that are airing tonight anywhere in english, hell even pirate channels don't have them. damn guess I'm missing out on Sentai hour tonight unless Sentai uploads them online in a few hours.

Fuck I miss watching normal toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure this is the premiere of the dubs. Heck, I don't even think the DVDs/BDs are out.

Also lol I forgot Sentai did High School of the Dead. Now THAT would've made for a Halloween marathon.

Pretty sure this is the premiere of the dubs. Heck, I don't even think the DVDs/BDs are out.

Also lol I forgot Sentai did High School of the Dead. Now THAT would've made for a Halloween marathon.

Then how come I found the first 4 episodes of Parasyte and first 11 episodes of AGK so easily? unless they were in some kind of preview stream that Sentai had.

Well this sucks, guess I'll have to wait on those until tomorrow when they are officially uploaded somewhere.

Seda

Then how come I found the first 4 episodes of Parasyte and first 11 episodes of AGK so easily? unless they were in some kind of preview stream that Sentai had.

Well this sucks, guess I'll have to wait on those until tomorrow when they are officially uploaded somewhere.

If you are talking about pirate sites, most of the time, somebody uploads the episodes from the retail releases, which as Zonic said haven't released yet.

I'd assume some sites are uploading the Adult Swim broadcasts as they air for these.

If you are talking about pirate sites, most of the time, somebody uploads the episodes from the retail releases, which as Zonic said haven't released yet.

I'd assume some sites are uploading the Adult Swim broadcasts as they air for these.

Yeah so unless Sentai gets around to uploading it themselves I'm sunk. oh well. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll actually own a rare piece of Toonami memorabilia.

What do YOU guys have to show your Toonami love?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was actually expecting some kind of prize package of a shirt & some other random goodies. I wonder if the statue will be done post-Intruder 2 for the new TOM look (assuming we get TOM 6.0) or will be that one that was posted earlier (i.e current TOM 5.0), but with a bit more detail.

I was actually expecting some kind of prize package of a shirt & some other random goodies. I wonder if the statue will be done post-Intruder 2 for the new TOM look (assuming we get TOM 6.0) or will be that one that was posted earlier (i.e current TOM 5.0), but with a bit more detail.

why does everyone expect TOM 5 to die? was it stated somewhere this will be the last we see of him?!

Yeah I'm hoping they throw in a shirt too, I won 1 of their shirts once and I keep it sealed in a dry cleaner's bag...hey it is a collectors item after all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looking at the wiki, the longest TOM has lasted was 3.0 for about 4 years. TOM 2.0 lasted 3 years.

....also I guess the reason why some people think this is the end of 5.0 (granted, I don't, it's only been about 2 years & the look is perfectly fine) is because it's what happened to TOM 1.0 when the first Intruder happened. I would assume they figured to take precautions in case something like that happened again.

Edit: Also not getting my hopes up, but would be sweet if Intruder 2 dropped some teases over some shows we could be seeing in the future, i.e. what'll be replacing M&H.

I'm curious what Intruder 2 does for the bumps and whatnot - it wouldn't make sense for TOM to just keep chillin' on the bridge throwing to break if he's dealing with a problem.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seems like Capcom might have removed R Mika's butt slap in SFV...

...Truly a sad day for freedom and wrestling everywhere.
Oh great, probably some people complaining "EW, A GIRL'S BUTT, WHO WANTS TO SEE THAT?!?" or something. I swear, this month has been nothing but censoring in games (although I will totally side with Nintendo on Xenoblade X), which just leads to the same tiresome type of arguing which results in childish insults with each side going to extremes.

....though why was the other move changed? Clipping issues, based on the image in the OP?

Edit: Or the very unlikely fact the ESRB was like "no, get rid of that or we'll up the rating/add in more descriptors". Also, why remove the slap, but keep Cammy's outfit?

Oh great, probably some people complaining "EW, A GIRL'S BUTT, WHO WANTS TO SEE THAT?!?" or something. I swear, this month has been nothing but censoring in games (although I will totally side with Nintendo on Xenoblade X), which just leads to the same tiresome type of arguing which results in childish insults with each side going to extremes.

....though why was the other move changed? Clipping issues, based on the image in the OP?

Who knows.

Hopefully, Mika will look less bored in the final product.

Rip Booty Smack.

You'll live on in our hearts.

Seda

I've been asked to intervene in Street Fighter threads a few times ... I can barely follow the flow of discussion.

Fighting games are basically a foreign language to me.

Top Bottom