• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Soulflarz

Banned
Im playing XBX right after I get back

well
playing nepnep rebirth 1
that will probably run me until im out of here on the 17th because finals and tons of projects
need to finish TNO when i get home
so prob 18/19th

Line_HTX

Both Miyuki and Big Brother Dearest are playable characters in that silly Dengeki fighting game, specifically in the update called Ignition.

Unlike Kirito, Big Brother Dearest has one auto-revive...

Cornbread78

For a new page:

OK, so we are doing it, and everyone that hasn't watched this trainwreck yet, has no choice but to join in:

Next Let’s Watch is up: Future Diary a.k.a. Mirai Nikki!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148250

Come join us friends!

PrbX379.jpg

Yandere chicks rock!

Eng. Dub available!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yuno was secretly the intruder all this time because she loved TOM more than any other Toonami fan & destroyed SARA so she'd be the only thing related to a female around TOM, so the only way to stop her was to air Future Dairy to remind her of Yuki.

If anyone has got an order for XBX on Amazon email customer service and tell them you want to use the promo code for preorders that only is today. They gave me an extra 15% off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got my LE pre-ordered via Best Buy with the GCU, so it's costing only $72ish instead of $90.

Though thanks to getting a PS4 & all the sales, my backlog has gotten rather huge.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can understand the dislike for him, but I feel like he's a more "realized" Shinji type of character. He actually has good excuses to act the way he does/more believable and he actually overcomes it (for the most part) where as Shinji.......kind of doesn't, unless you count those really weird final episodes of the TV version of Eva.

Basically, I feel more sorry/sympathy towards Yuki far more than I do Shinji.

Regiruler

If anyone has got an order for XBX on Amazon email customer service and tell them you want to use the promo code for preorders that only is today. They gave me an extra 15% off.

Does that include the deluxe edition as well?

EDIT: Do you mean the konami code thing? That's only for certain games, I don't see XCX on there.

I'm almost done with 999 I think. If I knew that you had to go in an extremely specific order and investigate something specific in order to get the true ending I would have read a guide to begin with. I'm doing the "Safe" ending right now which is apparently criteria for the true ending.

The game is just ok imo though. Good music, I like the character designs but I feel like I should just play Hotel Dusk or Apollo Justice. I hope this true ending and VLR are worth it.

I'm almost done with 999 I think. If I knew that you had to go in an extremely specific order and investigate something specific in order to get the true ending I would have read a guide to begin with. I'm doing the "Safe" ending right now which is apparently criteria for the true ending.

The game is just ok imo though. Good music, I like the character designs but I feel like I should just play Hotel Dusk or Apollo Justice. I hope this true ending and VLR are worth it.

:)

Edit: eww don't play Apollo Justice thats the worse Ace Attorney game

Regiruler

Yeah the 15% off thing is only for certain pre-orders and it doesn't work for XCX. I'm not going to use the goodwill of some random amazon rep for something like that.

It applies to Star Fox 0 though, so I might pre-order that.

Regiruler

I emailed even though it wasn't on there and they did it. So probably YMMV.

I tested it in checkout of a standard copy and it wouldn't work. My issue is less of whether or not it'll work, and moreso whether it's supposed to work. It most likely isn't, and amazon has done me quite a bit. I know they probably don't even care, but I can't feel right exploiting a system like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Asked my little sister what she wanted for Xmas, said she couldn't think of much, but pointed out her friend gave her the first two volumes of the Tokyo Ghoul manga.

...........first Fairy Tail, now this.....the transformation is slowing happening....

Regiruler

Asked my little sister what she wanted for Xmas, said she couldn't think of much, but pointed out her friend gave her the first two volumes of the Tokyo Ghoul manga.

...........first Fairy Tail, now this.....the transformation is slowing happening....

How old is she.

You may still be able to stop this. Give her video games instead.

Alternatively, counter with the first three volumes of One Punch Man. If she's going to read, make sure it's quality.

Line_HTX

Soon she'll be the biggest Fairy Tail fan and cosplay as one of the characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How old is she.

You may still be able to stop this. Give her video games instead.

Alternatively, counter with the first three volumes of One Punch Man. If she's going to read, make sure it's quality.
She'll be 14 in a few months. I'm about 10.5 years older than her.

She did sometimes watch me play video games. She'd want me to play as some of the females in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. & like all kids, she likes Minecraft, especially if it's with friends.

Also wuuutttt TMNT by Platinum, what reality am I in?!

Line_HTX

Thanks!

I've heard great things about Lain, but i didn't know until like last friday that Paprika was made by Satoshi Kon. Then it went on sale the same night so i figure I'd get it

Where did you buy all of them from? It totally slipped my mind that I could've bought anime on Black Friday, but oh well, I took care of my immediate priority of my new laptop and that was it.

That gap between #1 and everything else.

The King. The gap used to be FAR larger, too. In 2011 the list was -

5. Torioko 4.6m
4. Fairy Tail 4.7m
3. Blue Exorcist 5.2m
2. Naruto 6.8m
1. One Piece 37,996,373

In case you are wondering, yes One Piece outsold 3-10 combined. Although this 2015 list may just be for one volume?

Where did you buy all of them from? It totally slipped my mind that I could've bought anime on Black Friday, but oh well, I took care of my immediate priority of my new laptop and that was it.

Amazon. Someone posted it in the OT Black Friday thread.

Paprika was like $6.25, Trigun complete was $13 and Lain was $24. I don't think Lain was on a BF sale, but it was still far cheaper than I remember it being when I looked a year ago.

5. Torioko 4.6m
4. Fairy Tail 4.7m
3. Blue Exorcist 5.2m
2. Naruto 6.8m
1. One Piece 37,996,373

In case you are wondering, yes One Piece outsold 3-10 combined.

Holy shit. That One Piece hype is unreal.

5. Torioko 4.6m
4. Fairy Tail 4.7m
3. Blue Exorcist 5.2m
2. Naruto 6.8m
1. One Piece 37,996,373

In case you are wondering, yes One Piece outsold 3-10 combined. Although this 2015 list may just be for one volume?

With how Blue Exorcist sells you'd think they'd try another anime adaptation to cover more then like 10 chapters

Crocodile

So you ever watch a show and you can feel your internal organ shut down in an attempt to get to STOP watching whatever the fuck you're watching? Mars of Destruction was one such show. Mahouka (or however its spelled) is another. That show is TRASH. I couldn't even make it like 10 minutes in before I hated myself and everything around me.

I can understand the dislike for him, but I feel like he's a more "realized" Shinji type of character. He actually has good excuses to act the way he does/more believable and he actually overcomes it (for the most part) where as Shinji.......kind of doesn't, unless you count those really weird final episodes of the TV version of Eva.

Basically, I feel more sorry/sympathy towards Yuki far more than I do Shinji.

Yeah no. I mean if you like the main character in FD more then whatever, you like what you like. But there is no doubt that Shinji is the better explored and written character who's actions and feelings make sense within the circumstances he finds himself in. At no point is Shinji supposed to be a well adjusted individual. Him being somewhat frustrating is a feature not a bug.

Mars of Destruction shouldn't even be allowed to be rated. Of course it's a 1/10, literally nothing about it makes any sense at all, there is zero flow to any of the scenes, its terrible in every way you could imagine. It's like Big Rigs. You would have to try to make something that bad.

It's not even able to be critiqued in a serious or fun way since it fails at everything in a way that isn't interesting to talk about. You could show it to anyone for a minute and they would come to the same conclusion as anyone else regardless.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah no. I mean if you like the main character in FD more then whatever, you like what you like. But there is no doubt that Shinji is the better explored and written character who's actions and feelings make sense within the circumstances he finds himself in. At no point is Shinji supposed to be a well adjusted individual. Him being somewhat frustrating is a feature not a bug.
Fair enough, & Eva was more about exploring the flaws of our characters, which FD doesn't really do & is more "LOOK HOW INSANE EVERYONE IS, DID WE MENTION THEIR SCREWED UP BACKSTORIES?!"

I guess I just feel more sorry for Yuki because some of the crap that happens to him feels more...I guess "relatable" is the word that comes to mind (though going into WHAT exactly is spoilers), and sometimes gets over it, where as Shinji has 3 girls wanting him & he gets to pilot a giant-ass robot to destroy monsters. Though his reaction after the battle with the other Eva with his friend inside (be the TV or 2.22 version) is perfectly reasonable, which goes with your "better explored & written character."

You still make a very valid point, though, & I totally can see why someone would prefer Shinji, since his character was MEANT to be analyzed due to the structure of the anime. I'd say I fully agree with you about Shinji being better written, which again goes with the fact Eva was meant to be analyzed. My preference was just more "who would be less whiny/depressing to hang around?"

Top Bottom