• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
3UOxf4z.jpg

Arthur Read is Kamen Rider OOO

So is it true that in the AGK manga
Tatsumi died recently? like isn't coming back no shonen bullshit asspulls dead?

Because if so, that was ballsy of the author to do.

Mizerman

So is it true that in the AGK manga
Tatsumi died recently? like dead dead, isn't coming back dead?

Because if so, that was ballsy of the author to do.

Tatsumi's still alive in the manga. However, he has a deadline in which Incursio is going to consume him after he reached his limit in transforming. He did die in the anime version, though.

Jarate

Banned
You're a bad person. At least watch the Yorknew City Arc. If you don't like it by then there is truly no hope for you.

I just wasnt that big of a fan of the MC

in the first few episodes, everyone bent over backwards to appease him even though he really didnt do anything

I liked the other 2 characters and the jury is still out on the Sasuke of the show

Tatsumi's still alive in the manga. However, he has a deadline in which Incursio is going to consume him after he reached his limit in transforming. He did die in the anime version, though.

Ah okay my mistake then.

But
how come Bulat never had that deadline with his version of incursio though?

Mizerman

Ah okay my mistake then.

But
how come Bulat never had that deadline with his version of incursio though?

Apparently, Bulat was either simply skilled enough to withstand the effects, or was strong enough to not rely on pushing Incursio to those limits.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I just wasnt that big of a fan of the MC

in the first few episodes, everyone bent over backwards to appease him even though he really didnt do anything

I liked the other 2 characters and the jury is still out on the Sasuke of the show

Gon's the weakest thing about HXH, at least early on. Early Gon is about as "generic shounen protagonist" as you can possibly get in a major series like that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck does it sell that much

That was during the
Marineford
arc.

And that's why Naruto and Bleach did
big wars as well
Obviously not to the same effect.

And it was during the hype for Strong World. The success of the movie led to other high-profile manga authors contributing to movie projects afterwards.

Actually, more to the point, 2011 was really
the time skip
. What you guys are referring to was actually more 2009 and 2010. Because of that, there was huge interest in backlogged volumes of One Piece. Out of the top 50 selling manga volumes in 2011, 7 of them were One Piece, including One Piece VOLUME 1, a tankobon that originally released on Christmas Eve 1997.

By comparison, only 4 One Piece volumes made the top 100 this year: the 4 volumes that released this year. That said, those 4 volumes rank in positions 1-4 for the year. :D

Jarate

Banned
My job got cancelled tonight would anyone like to play rocket league at around like 3:30 a.m. I have it on PC and on PlayStation 4

Soulflarz

Banned
Im in for one or two 1v1s on steam, soulflarz

wait
whens your 3:30am vs mine

this is highly irresponsible. this is a norm school day

ee 2 weeks till home and wii u+ps4 :D

Jarate

Banned
Im in for one or two 1v1s on steam, soulflarz

wait
whens your 3:30am vs mine

this is highly irresponsible. this is a norm school day

ee 2 weeks till home and wii u+ps4 :D
I'm on Eastern Time and I don't want to go up 1 v1 when I haven't played the game in about a month

Raxus

Gon's the weakest thing about HXH, at least early on. Early Gon is about as "generic shounen protagonist" as you can possibly get in a major series like that.

Gon's character gets much better especially in the Chimera Ant arc. Past the first arc Gon gets appropriately shat on as a consequence for challenging stronger and stronger opponents
and nearly gets killed in the process.

Actually, more to the point, 2011 was really
the time skip
. What you guys are referring to was actually more 2009 and 2010. Because of that, there was huge interest in backlogged volumes of One Piece. Out of the top 50 selling manga volumes in 2011, 7 of them were One Piece, including One Piece VOLUME 1, a tankobon that originally released on Christmas Eve 1997.
Minor OP spoilers?:
The sales are going to be interesting when Luffy takes on his first emperor. They have been building that up for AGES.

Apparently, Bulat was either simply skilled enough to withstand the effects, or was strong enough to not rely on pushing Incursio to those limits.

So its just a matter of Tatsumi not being buff as bulat was and constantly sentai'ing into incursio when it should've been dealt as a last ditch effort. but it doesn't make sense since he had to train with incursio to strengthen its bond.

Either way we'll probably get a shonen asspull to get incursio 2.0 or something.

Raxus

If you want to discuss Akame ga Kill fine but much of the stuff I want to comment on is spoilers from the manga AND the show so if you want my two cents I suppose PMs would be better. Otherwise I'd rather people be surprised by it's 'Scuse Me Bitch'™ awfulness.

Toonami is actually pretty good this week aside from Naruto filler. I really need a gif made for a particular show.

If you want to discuss Akame ga Kill fine but much of the stuff I want to comment on is spoilers from the manga AND the show so if you want my two cents I suppose PMs would be better. Otherwise I'd rather people be surprised by it's 'Scuse Me Bitch'™ awfulness.

Toonami is actually pretty good this week aside from Naruto filler. I really need a gif made for a particular show.

Oh I'm done now. question answered.

Top Bottom