• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

I bought the 3ds senran game and the special edition of the vita one and have played neither because I heard they were making a PS4 one and I'll just play that. Typical me, I also bought the PS3 and PC versions of Valkyria Chronicles and will never play them because there will be a PS4 version.

Puruzi

Banned
I bought the 3ds senran game and the special edition of the vita one and have played neither because I heard they were making a PS4 one and I'll just play that. Typical me, I also bought the PS3 and PC versions of Valkyria Chronicles and will never play them because there will be a PS4 version.
lol wut
they aren't the same game, they aren't versions

TUSR

Banned
No I'm not that crazy...probably near 200 counting Steam

apparently i only play 2 games on steam

QaGCocA.png

I think the only games on Steam I have put significant time into this year are Undertale, Trails in the Sky FC and Insurgency

I also didn't buy much, a friend gifted me Undertale.

TUSR

Banned
i had no desire to play undertale myself, but i watched my friend do a complete level 1 run of it and enjoyed it.

debated about buying it to just support toby fox

I got a 30 minute group presentation in less than 12 hours...

...and we never met up, despite my arguing that we should...and most people don't even have their powerpoint slide filled out yet....

...This is a bit troubling.

TUSR

Banned

...and we never met up, despite my arguing that we should...and most people don't even have their powerpoint slide filled out yet....

for what class/year?

nuke your team into oblivion on the peer review

for what class/year?

nuke your team into oblivion on the peer review

You wanna hear something crazy?

We don't have a peer review process for this project...

...because FUCK LOGIC I GUESS!?

It's for my contemporary family class. I'll still walk out the class fine. It's not a hard course, and I'm rocking a 95%.

But I would like to walk with an A, because I need to get into a grad school...

Mizerman

Don't you hate that?

I mean, you hold up your end of the work, then others in your group don't contribute and try to skim off you.

Especially when the group itself is being graded.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& that is why group projects suck, ESPECIALLY when you don't have any choice over who is in it. Thank goodness I've been lucky & get the people who are either the smartest in the class or at least want to put effort into it. I think at most, I've only had one person in a group or two who did little work, but at least we could say who did what parts.

Don't you hate that?

I mean, you hold up your end of the work, then others in your group don't contribute and try to skim off you.

Especially when the group itself is being graded.

I think it's bullshit that I can't go up to my professors and tell them I wanna work on my own.

Then I could walk out with a grade that truly reflects my work alone.

I learn more when I work on my own as well.

Jarate

Banned
Oh yeah, an interesting turn for the better, no doubt.

Well the funny thing was, we watched some videos focusing on the whole "sexist" ordeal, & the videos didn't bring up DoA at all, which is......surprising. They did show a brief clip of that silly "sexy" outfit you unlock in MK9 after doing that tower thing.

I will say though, my new year's resolution is going to be working on my self esteem & gathering up the courage to try & get a girlfriend. I understand why these games exist & I've played all the SK games and will get EV, but I still know these are fictional and are no replacement for reality. Granted, if I somehow got the girlfriend who understands the fact that male hormones are 20 to 30 times stronger compared to female ones, hence we tend to be more....vocal about our desires & therefore is okay with me playing games like SK, that would be amazing. Hell, my childhood friend's wife is fine with him playing/watching those kind of games/animes for the most part, though she's Australian, to which he said they're "more accepting".

/offtopicrant

bro, getting a nerdy GF is easy as cake, just have a personality and dont be afraid to ask. That's all you need to do is just ask people for some coffee or some shit. Ask multiple girls, and don't focus on just 1 girl.

And if a girl doesnt want you doing the things you like, then you'll be more miserable then without one.

I think it's bullshit that I can't go up to my professors and tell them I wanna work on my own.

Then I could walk out with a grade that truly reflects my work alone.

I learn more when I work on my own as well.

Ive found most of the group projects ive done have had very low barometers of how good they come out with. I did one of my portions in about 2 hours in one of my classes, and was easily the best part of the presentation

Ive always found group presentations to be more about being good at public speaking rather then being sup0er knowledgeable on the project. I wouldnt worry myselfr too much with it though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
bro, getting a nerdy GF is easy as cake, just have a personality and dont be afraid to ask. That's all you need to do is just ask people for some coffee or some shit. Ask multiple girls, and don't focus on just 1 girl.

And if a girl doesnt want you doing the things you like, then you'll be more miserable then without one.
I need to work the courage to try online dating like my friends have been suggesting, I think just trying in my local area (I've tried 4 times) isn't working. I blame my poor history with girls in high school (as in I had little to none as friends because "lol u liek gamez" & stuff) and those previous 4 attempts not working out for one reason or another.

It might also help now I've got an actual income, gotten used to working 3rd shift, & college should be winding down, so I'm hoping I can put more focus on that instead of trying to juggle multiple things. Another goal of mine is to save up the money so I can get my own apartment & move out. Though I think first, I'm gonna work up the funds to afford a plane ticket so I can finally fulfill my childhood dream of attending E3.

Jarate

Banned
I need to work the courage to try online dating like my friends have been suggesting, I think just trying in my local area (I've tried 4 times) isn't working. I blame my poor history with girls in high school (as in I had little to none as friends because "lol u liek gamez" & stuff) and those previous 4 attempts not working out for one reason or another.

It might also help now I've got an actual income, gotten used to working 3rd shift, & college should be winding down, so I'm hoping I can put more focus on that instead of trying to juggle multiple things. Another goal of mine is to save up the money so I can get my own apartment & move out. Though I think first, I'm gonna work up the funds to afford a plane ticket so I can finally fulfill my childhood dream of attending E3.

Not a big fan of online dating for your first attempt at dating, a lot of online dating is about playing the game which is tough to do when you have no experience, but it's worth a try

You got this bro, just stay confident man. You're an awesome bro, if you work towards it, you can find someone willing to stay up and watch Akame Ga Kill with

Just finished Xenoblade Chronicles. The legit shook gif is appropriate for that twist. Kinda hoping if they make a 3rd game it takes place in Shulk's world.

Xenoblade on the Wii is probably in my top five favorite RPGs of all time.

There's just one problem with it.

Melia didn't get Shulk.

Melia is so better than Fiora!

I'm still salty about it.

Mizerman

Melia didn't get Shulk.

Pfft.

Even from watching the game on Youtube, Melia was not going to win.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fun fact about Xenoblade X
Using the "Classic" voice for Cross has him say "I'm really feeling it"
Yeah, they put it in.

bigkrev

I have a hard time listening to these arguments against episodic when Square Enix LITTERALLY put the GOTY out this year as an episodic release

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Melia didn't get Shulk.

One of the best aspects about the game is how Sharla is 100% team Melia...until a certain event. Then she sort of plays it both ways! She's a troublemaker!

Moaradin

I have a hard time listening to these arguments against episodic when Square Enix LITTERALLY put the GOTY out this year as an episodic release

Eh. I would consider Life is Strange as a potential GOTY if the last episode didn't shit the bed so hard. Chapters 3 and 4 were so good. Sadly, the game never lived up to it's premise which is pretty common for stories attempting to deal with time travel.

Time travel stories often either collapse under their own weight, or everything just goes back to how it was at the beginning of the story.

That's why they rarely work.

It's why I like stories that deal with multiple universes more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Time travel stories often either collapse under their own weight, or everything just goes back to how it was at the beginning of the story.

That's why they rarely work.

It's why I like stories that deal with multiple universes more.

DBZ SPOILERS:
How about both?!?

qa3Hhtu.gif

Raxus

Man for all the good will Shippuden has fostered with its recent run of excellent episodes I forgot how dreadful it was earlier this year.

Top Bottom