• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
26mJWmE.gif

Grexeno

Reposting for new page:

ANNOUNCING, THE FIRST ANNUAL TOONAMIGAF AWARDS (WITH PODCAST)

In one week's time, nominations will open in the following categories:

Best Promo
Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Fight
Worst Character
Best Character
Best Villain
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Most Wanted New Show
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
and Best Performance by a Voice Actress

while the following categories need no nominations:

Best Opening
Best Soundtrack
Worst Looking Show
Best Looking Show
Worst Ending
Best Ending
Best Cast
Worst Show of the Year
and Best Show of the Year

Once the nominations have been sent in, a crew of handpicked ToonamiGAF luminaries will be armed with tridents and nets, locked in a podcast studio, and forced to fight to the death over the winners!

Please start considering your nominations now! Nominations open next Sunday!

Normal uncut op, as long as it aired in some form on Toonami (so no Japanese DBZ Kai openings or any Shippuden openings)

What about people who watch via the adult swim website archives as those play the uncut Naruto OPs? Also how do we view a circumstance where we like the cut op but not the uncut version ala my feelings towards Paper moon the second op of Soul Eater?

Can we also include the toonami style Naruto openings? Not that either is likely to get nominated just trying to clarify some parts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"When Gurren Lagann went into space" counts as one moment, right?

OR WHEN THEY HAD THE GIANT-ASS GALAXY BATTLE USING ACTUAL GALAXIES AS THROWING STAR WEAPONS

OR WHEN WE FOUND OUT THE MOON WAS A ROBOT ALL THIS TIME & THEN THEY TURNED IT INTO A SPACE BATTLESHIP

OR WHEN THE FINAL ATTACK CAME FROM ALL 5 FORMS OF GURREN LAGANN HAD TO GET SMALLER AND SMALLER THEN THE FINAL BLOW CAME FROM PIERCING THE ANTI-SPIRAL

OR WHEN SUPER GALAXY GURREN LAGANN COMES RISING OUT OF THE SPACE OCEAN ALL GUNBUSTER STYLE AND SIMON IS ALL READY TO KICK ASS

OR WHEN IT GOT EVEN BIGGER AND IT FORMED THE TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN FOR THE FINAL BATTLE

Best part is the fact ALL of these happened in 2015. In fact, the first episode to air in 2015 was the recap episode, on Jan. 3rd, then the week after was the time-skip.

Grexeno

"When Gurren Lagann went into space" counts as one moment, right?

OR WHEN THEY HAD THE GIANT-ASS GALAXY BATTLE USING ACTUAL GALAXIES AS THROWING STAR WEAPONS

OR WHEN WE FOUND OUT THE MOON WAS A ROBOT ALL THIS TIME & THEN THEY TURNED IT INTO A SPACE BATTLESHIP

OR WHEN THE FINAL ATTACK CAME FROM ALL 5 FORMS OF GURREN LAGANN HAD TO GET SMALLER AND SMALLER THEN THE FINAL BLOW CAME FROM PIERCING THE ANTI-SPIRAL

OR WHEN SUPER GALAXY GURREN LAGANN COMES RISING OUT OF THE SPACE OCEAN ALL GUNBUSTER STYLE AND SIMON IS ALL READY TO KICK ASS

OR WHEN IT GOT EVEN BIGGER AND IT FORMED THE TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN FOR THE FINAL BATTLE

Best part is the fact ALL of these happened in 2015. In fact, the first episode to air in 2015 was the recap episode, on Jan. 3rd, then the week after was the time-skip.
I'm afraid that's far to all-encompassing to count as a moment.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"When Gurren Lagann kicked ass in space"

There, best moment 4 ev0rz on Toonami

....or the final battle, i don't know

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We'll count all those Genos fights for Best Fights.

Edit: I should probably ask this in the Xenoblade X OT, but anyone know of some good custom color guides for the Skells? I wouldn't mind making one have the same colors as some of the Toonami robots like the Eva units or Gurren Lagann........assuming I actually start the game sometime soon.

Grexeno

Because Blue Bird is awesome, I'll put the Naruto Shippuden openings that would have aired this year in the Best Opening category.

Street Fighter V interests me even though it shouldn't.

It shouldn't because no matter how much I read up on fighting games, or even if I buy it day one, I'm gonna fucking ruined when it comes out. Just ruined beyond words. There's no avoiding it.

....But Chin-Li though....
tumblr_lqcektzwec1qzi5vqq3.gif

BBboy20

It shouldn't because no matter how much I read up on fighting games, or even if I buy it day one, I'm gonna fucking ruined when it comes out. Just ruined beyond words. There's no avoiding it.

Only Street Fighter I own is The Movie on Sega Saturn. Haven't played a SF since Alpha (or SFvsMarvel at a now closed arcade last year, if that counts).

Yet: Laura, FANG, and Chun's Alt what will get me to own a Street Fighter.

Just saw some of your characters in my XCX.
We friends on WiiU? Cuz you should see an Azure there.

Only Street Fighter I own is The Movie. Haven't played a SF since Alpha (or SFvsMarvel at a now closed arcade last year, if that counts).

Yet: Laura, FANG, and Chun's Alt what will get me to own a Street Fighter.

We friends on WiiU? Cuz you should see an Azure there.

It's random what characters show up. Got Fox and Bass' right now.

Mizerman

Heh.

I'm gonna get the game myself. Even though I've been playing the series for over a decade now and still not too good at it.

Soulflarz

Banned
I generally don't play SF games.
I'm buying 5

I think the difference is I was too young to be interested when SF4 came out but now that I'm older fighting games are a fun timesink.

If this thread is as non-canon as Man God is, can I do something super out of character, but still end up alright in the end?

Because I don't know, maybe this version of me is an evil clone or something?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I said this elsewhere, but I don't like the "dress". It goes past "sexy" and into "trashy." It looks like some shit a DOA character would wear, or a bad Mai Shiranui cosplay. No thanks.

Damn shame, because she looks awesome with her hair down.

I said this elsewhere, but I don't like the "dress". It goes past "sexy" and into "trashy." It looks like some shit a DOA character would wear, or a bad Mai Shiranui cosplay. No thanks.

Damn shame, because she looks awesome with her hair down.

It's always interesting to see how people respond to different versions of the same character. One of my favorite character design debates is what Ganon has the best design.

The correct answer is Wind Waker Ganon.

Wind Waker Ganon is the fucking best.

Despite liking fanservice in SFV, and in a lot of shows, I could see how the fanservice in SFV could irk some people though.

It's over the top to be sure.

But Street Fighter has always seemed at its best when it's over the top to me.

I do agree that she looks awesome with her hair down.

MikeMyers

Only Street Fighter I own is The Movie on Sega Saturn. Haven't played a SF since Alpha (or SFvsMarvel at a now closed arcade last year, if that counts).

Did you mean Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter? It has home ports on the Saturn and PSX if you want to play it at home. The PSX port is a bad port, though.

Jarate

Banned
Man god I sent you a PM, too make sure that you get too it I will post this provocative non-canon gif for you

JIJP4V1.jpg

Also, I swear that none of ya'll sleep. Especially you Line

How much sleep do you guys get a night! You need more!

Top Bottom