• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Mizerman

Now that I think about it, has S0 even been actually licensed in the US, even as a sub-only?

I'd imagine 4Kids having the anime rights for a while might've made things difficult due to how more violent & dark in general it is compared to when it was all about cards.

Not even once, I imagine.

Would've been kinda interesting, though.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn acknowledged my existence and retweeted my tweet about my Ghost in the Shell tribute in Xenoblade Chronicles X. I think I can die happy now.

Lucky.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most of the DBZ Abridged episodes got pulled off of YouTube.

Hit the panic button.

jpBynyr.gif

Impel Down made me dislike Buggy. Greatly.

Addendum:
But I have major qualms with everything past Sabaody up until...Sabaody again heh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, I think the transformation has officially begun for my little sister possibly getting into anime/manga. Her Xmas wish list (which despite asking her twice & responding with "oh I can't think of anything", wrote a 25+ item list) not only consists of asking for Fairy Tail stuff, but Kamisama Kiss (though she wrote "Kamisama Hajimemashita").

Maybe it's the age gap between us (10.5 years apart, she'll be 14 soon) & I've got nothing against her reading/watching it (as long as it's age appropriate, obviously), but it feels kind of weird knowing she's starting to get into certain anime/manga on her own (well, friends). On the one hand, when she's older, cool, I can probably talk to her more about it, but I don't know, it's such a weird feeling. Granted, a FEW times when we'd talk about it, it was fine. She said she doesn't like subbed because she doesn't want to deal with reading everything (fair enough) and I remember telling her I tried reading Fairy Tail, but it was very generic for me.

Has anyone else had that kind of feeling when a sibling or family member discovers something you like on their own? Maybe it's just the fear of "oh god I know how deep the rabbit hole goes for manga/anime, how long until she discovers it?"

my younger sister watches subbed fairy tail, tokyo ghoul and naruto on shitty low quality streaming sites which is pretty close to me when I was way younger getting into it, except with Bleach. She asked me about it and I told her I was watching One Punch Man and thats it. I doubt we would even have much common ground, I told her some of my favorite non-obscure stuff like Eva ('95-'96) FLCL (2000) and Berserk ('97-'98) and she looked them up and told me they looked too old and I kind of died inside

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, my sis watches Fairy Tail (dubbed) & read a few of the Tokyo Ghoul manga. Maybe if we were closer in age, I'd feel more comfortable. Maybe it's just the fact I know what I watched & such either wouldn't be appropriate for her age, wouldn't interest her, or would be too weird/out-there.

I think it's also I'm more used to talking with people my own age about things I like, so anyone much older or younger is a bit of a weird feeling.

.......I still remember the fact my dad's gf's 13-yr-old son came downstairs for some reason & JUST BARELY missed a part of SAO I'm glad he didn't witness (pretty sure it was with dragon girl)

Mizerman

Has anyone else had that kind of feeling when a sibling or family member discovers something you like on their own? Maybe it's just the fear of "oh god I know how deep the rabbit hole goes for manga/anime, how long until she discovers it?"

Well, my family members don't really watch must less know anything about anime for the most. They just only refer to stuff like that as cartoons. My younger cousins probably heard about anime through DBZ, though.

Seda

I do think it's a little strange you've referred to it twice now as a 'transformation' as if it's some special toggle you need to flip in order to have any interest in Japanese media.

Also based on previous comments, your relationships with people seem to hinge especially hard on 'similar interests' huh.

Line_HTX

Zonic, you know it's only the beginning. Soon your sister will start liking all the shows you hate, heh heh heh...

my younger sister watches subbed fairy tail, tokyo ghoul and naruto on shitty low quality streaming sites which is pretty close to me when I was way younger getting into it, except with Bleach. She asked me about it and I told her I was watching One Punch Man and thats it. I doubt we would even have much common ground, I told her some of my favorite non-obscure stuff like Eva ('95-'96) FLCL (2000) and Berserk ('97-'98) and she looked them up and told me they looked too old and I kind of died inside

image.php

Never knows best...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
One Piece is on too late. I always, ALWAYS fall asleep halfway through.

Doesn't help that I have to fucking power through Naruto beforehand, too.

Guess I'll go back and watch the last couple episodes.

Soulflarz

Banned

Nah - my brother wouldn't have even watched anime if it wasn't for me/his friend mentioning it at around the same time.

Now he does other things with life but he still watches plenty. Else he'd probably just play MMOs and such whenever he wasn't with friends.

Cool for him, it's not really a thing to think about for me. Yes, we share an extra topic in common suddenly, but I dunno, I always get by in conversations when he talks about working out and I have no relation to that >_<

Thinking about it, I don't really care how far down the rabbit hole he goes because it's kind of his hobby, so yeah. I mean the fact that any of us even discuss an SMT or Xenoblade Chronicles X means we're pretty far down the gaming hole ourselves anyways. Hell, we post on NeoGAF, which is the definition of being far into the hole. Not to say it's a bad thing, but yes, we all enjoy gaming obviously.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I do think it's a little strange you've referred to it twice now as a 'transformation' as if it's some special toggle you need to flip in order to have any interest in Japanese media.

Also based on previous comments, your relationships with people seem to hinge especially hard on 'similar interests' huh.
"Transformation" probably wasn't the best word to use, in hindsight.

I'm just more likely to open up if I can feel like there's common ground to work with/I can relate with them. I'm actually rather reserved/quiet for the most part if I feel like I can't think of anything to talk about with another person.

Thinking about it, I don't really care how far down the rabbit hole he goes because it's kind of his hobby, so yeah. I mean the fact that any of us even discuss an SMT or Xenoblade Chronicles X means we're pretty far down the gaming hole ourselves anyways. Hell, we post on NeoGAF, which is the definition of being far into the hole. Not to say it's a bad thing, but yes, we all enjoy gaming obviously.
Let me rephrase "rabbit hole" to "at her young age, I don't want her finding mature/adult anime".

Based on many threads I've seen in gaming im not entirely sure many people there actually like playing video games.

One Piece is on too late. I always, ALWAYS fall asleep halfway through.

Doesn't help that I have to fucking power through Naruto beforehand, too.

Guess I'll go back and watch the last couple episodes.

Dont bother going back. There's a marathon of it in a few weeks so it'll be much easier to catch up then. And we're in Man God hell from now until March anyway for OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I realized this morning that the final episode of Intruder 2 is airing during the DBZ Kai marathon.

Well, guess I'll have to watch the first episode to see how it ends.

Puruzi

Banned
Sometimes I get my family members and friends into things and they end up going far deeper into them then I ever get

It's weird

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
S1 & S2 of Boondocks are free on PSN, if anyone's interested. I've heard people talk about the show in here before Toonami started, so figured someone here might want to take advantage.

"Transformation" probably wasn't the best word to use, in hindsight.

I'm just more likely to open up if I can feel like there's common ground to work with/I can relate with them. I'm actually rather reserved/quiet for the most part if I feel like I can't think of anything to talk about with another person.

Let me rephrase "rabbit hole" to "at her young age, I don't want her finding mature/adult anime".

You just told us she was reading a Seinen manga so I feel like you're a little late on that.

Man, every time someone brings up The Boondocks, all I can think about is how terrible season 4 was.

That series just crashed and burned without McGruder being involved.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Caught up on One-Punch Man, both the manga and the anime.
The latter needs to come to Toonami. Seriously. Viz would be fools not to bring it to TV.

Also reading the manga reminded me why I fell behind on it. Chapters are way too short and not much happens.

Why didnt you suggest Free! or Haikyuu!!.

Top Bottom