• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Line_HTX

Over 1.25 million people for an OBLIGATORY Beach episode, aww right~

CVhUaQsXIAAmVec.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's what to expect from Toonami in Q1 2016 (January-March)

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The last couple episodes of Namek and the beginning of the Android Saga. Fun fact: The first episode of the new year is 51. Around this point in the original DBZ, Namek was just starting up and Goku is flying on Dr. Briefs ship to Namek. This is why I can't watch OG DBZ anymore...

Akame ga Kill: A few more canon episodes before going into the Gecko Ending (fuuu-). Series ends in February

Parasyte: Hope you like mysteries!

Naruto Shippuden: FILLER HELL!

One Piece: The last filler arc that's more than four episodes. Thankfully it ends in March and we begin Thriller Bark. I hope Toonami does a promo for it like they did with Enies Lobby

And of course, Michiko & Hatchin's replacement. Hopefully we hear word about it after Intruder II ends.

Line_HTX

I almost want to see this Gecko ending out of morbid curiosity.

I'm guessing it went just like how Blue Exorcist went when the laughable stupidity reached critical mass with its final episodes.

I'm still laughing at watching that ending because I was like what in the fuck was that...

Mizerman

I almost want to see this Gecko ending out of morbid curiosity.

I'm guessing it went just like how Blue Exorcist went when the laughable stupidity reached critical mass with its final episodes.

I'm still laughing at watching that ending because I was like what in the fuck was that...

Yeah, the anime version of Blue Exorcist was kinda meh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Blue Exorcist was rather generic for the most part, save for a few funny moments/episodes (funny how the slice-of-life stuff was the most memorable/enjoyable) & the insane last few episodes ("WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, KILL ME WITH YOUR TITS?!").

I remember almost falling asleep on that episode about the cat.

Moaradin

Akame ga Kill is already pretty stupid though. I imagine a lot of people won't even be able to tell once it enters filler mode. The biggest giveaway is how fast it starts to go through stuff.

If you told me Akame ga Kill was in filler already, I'd believe you.

Akame Ga Kill filler ending flatout ignores huge power level differences from fights just two or three episodes ago.

I would be annoyed, but the fact that Akame Ga Kill got a filler ending means the anime series will probably never continue.

So you know, silver linings.

Soulflarz

Banned
If you told me Akame ga Kill was in filler already, I'd believe you.

If you told me the whole show was loosely based off a manga of the same name with the same characters but they chose to do 70% filler instead of the real plot I would have believed you.

Moaradin

I've already caught up on the manga version of AgK and I'm not sure if I should keep going.

I dunno, it's kinda gotten dull to me.

It's almost like relying on being super edgy as your single gimmick would get boring somehow. I always felt that AgK wouldn't have much legs. I was pretty content to never see any more of it when the anime finished.

Mizerman

I stopped reading it after Mine went into a coma. She get up? When she does i'll pick it back up.

Nah, she's still out of commission. Who knows what they're gonna do with her.

It's almost like relying on being super edgy as your single gimmick would get boring somehow. I always felt that AgK wouldn't have much legs. I was pretty content to never see any more of it when the anime finished.

Yeah, you really gotta be careful with how you prepare your story.

There are very few things about Akame Ga Kill I'll praise.

Actually having the main character
get into a relationship mid series is actually pretty rare.

But then they coma'd the fuck out of her.

Mizerman

There are very few things about Akame Ga Kill I'll praise.

Actually having the main character
get into a relationship mid series is actually pretty rare.

But then they coma'd the fuck out of her.

I agree.
The fact that they didn't do the whole "will they or won't they" thing for very long.

Raxus

AgK actually has some neat twists in on top of the generic shonen tropes but being bland the manga and anime means they don't do anything interesting or bold with them.

So I'm walking up to turn in my final quiz for my school psychology class. And one girl is ahead of me. She doesn't hand the paper to the professor, she slaps it down into the pile, and then turns and leaves without saying anything to him.

Not a handshake, a thank you, or have a merry Christmas, or anything.

And it clearly bugged him a little bit. (I shook his hand, and wished him a merry Xmas.)

It's finals week, and everyone is stressed, but Christ, spare the man a least a thank you.

Pretty messed up. I always hate when a student is rude to a professor. Usually i tell my professors to have a happy holiday at the least. Even if you hate their lectures/classes, they're still people.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 50 - Full Power Frieza! Shenron, Grant Our Wish!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 16 - Kill the Dolls
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 9 - Beyond Good and Evil
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 22 - Run As You Are - END
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 92 - Encounter
2:30 - One Piece - 326 - The Mysterious Band of Pirates! Sunny and the Dangerous Trap!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 9 - A Once in a Lifetime Chance

Later.

MetatronM, think you can do us a solid and start labeling Shippuden and One Piece as fillers when you post these? thanks man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can't accurately call what AGK! has coming up filler, as filler implies that it'll end and canon material will take over. Filler is padding. Extra stuff in the sandwich to make up mass. Breadcrumbs and herbs to stretch out meat in meatballs.

What AGK has coming up is an ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING.

Raxus

You can't accurately call what AGK! has coming up filler, as filler implies that it'll end and canon material will take over. Filler is padding. Extra stuff in the sandwich to make up mass. Breadcrumbs and herbs to stretch out meat in meatballs.

What AGK has coming up is an ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING.

It should be noted while there are TONS of deviations after a particular point they seemed to have been going off the author's notes for the series seeing as particular events are happening or have happened in the manga as they did in the 'anime original ending'.

I can't get into it too much since *spoilers* of course but I will touch upon it when we break off and at key moments.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AOE also means Area of Effect. Which is targeted at an area surrounding your brain. Which is going to melt, watching AGK.

I have heard that it's not terribly far off from what the author was going to do.

Raxus

Kind of hard to believe The Intruder II and M&H are coming to a close on the same night. I hope we get some good news during the marathons about the future of Toonami. Jack coming back is already a promising start.

Kind of hard to believe The Intruder II and M&H are coming to a close on the same night. I hope we get some good news during the marathons about the future of Toonami. Jack coming back is already a promising start.

(Actually I think the Intruder II still has another week after Michiko and Hatchin)

Raxus

Yeah, Intruder II ends during next week's DBZ Kai marathon.

So we have confirmed one of the marathons is Kai? That means M&H or some other surprise show is going to get marathoned. Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll marathon through One Piece's filler.

Grexeno

So we have confirmed one of the marathons is Kai? That means M&H or some other surprise show is going to get marathoned. Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll marathon through One Piece's filler.
One Piece marathon has already been announced for Dec. 26

Keep up with the times bro

Mizerman

AOE also means Area of Effect. Which is targeted at an area surrounding your brain. Which is going to melt, watching AGK.

I have heard that it's not terribly far off from what the author was going to do.

Yup.

The manga is pretty much going the same way the anime did, except it being a more extended version of those events.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guarantee that the replacement is announced either immediately following the final episode of Intruder II or during the Christmas Pre-Flight.
Oh absolutely, having to wait until the OP marathon would be torture. Though I'm sure we'll get the commercial for the replacement that week.

Did we know that Tom V had a jetpack on his back before the intruder? Did they ever mention that?

Also, I still find it funny that Tom IV was killed off screen.

Top Bottom